Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 *** Happy AYP Birthday !! *** -- and THANKS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  08:50:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message

Yogani does not want us to celebrate his birthday, but there must be something we can do.... hey....

Happy AYP-birthday to you

Today is a special day at AYP

It is AYP's second birthday

Two years ago this day, Yogani, working entirely alone then in a place we now know to be in Florida in the United States,
put the first lessons up on the Yahoo site, with a vision that one day it would mean something to
many people

And it very quickly did...

Let AYP's birthday be a day we give thanks to each other for making this online community

Thanks to you all -- the 'old soldiers' (all less than two years old!), the regulars,
the newcomers, those who speak, and those who listen without speaking

And let AYP's birthday be a day to give thanks to Yogani, who was the only one to hold AYP when it was only a vision

Thankyou Yogani for what you have done for us

Turn this topic into one big birthday card

Be sure to sign -- Reply with your own cheers, or wishes of a happy APY birthday
or appreciations to Yogani and the community

No cheer is too small -- none is too big

If you come after the day, do feel free to sign the card anyway

Edited by - david_obsidian on Nov 03 2005 08:31:39 AM

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  09:37:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy Birthday AYP. Thank you Yogani for your hard work, your vision and patience. I have said this many times to you and I will say it again...I will be, forever in your debt for helping me progress in my spiritual path. Nothing I could ever do, would repay your kindness and love. It would be like showing a "diya" (oil lamp) to the Sun. However, my best wishes, for what it is worth, will always be there for you. God bless you, your web site, this forum and, as David put it "all -- the 'old soldiers', the regulars, the newcomers, those who speak, and those who listen without speaking".
HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
-Shanti.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  11:57:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I could not possibly say it better than David and Shanti, I am eternally grateful for all of Yogani's help and tremendous efforts in putting AYP together. Thank you for creating such an inspiring community for us to be a part of.

Happy 2nd Anniversary!

Anthem
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  12:26:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I came to AYP in the first year and I havent looked back since

Thank you and Happy Birthday

THE ONE IS IN THE MANY AND THE MANY ARE IN THE ONE

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  12:33:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Yogani for the life changing lessons that you have given to myself and the many other readers of this site. Your hard work has enabled many of us to finally find our true spiritual path. Here's to many more years of growth.

Happy Birthday AYP!!

Edited by - trip1 on Nov 02 2005 12:47:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Manipura

USA
870 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  1:41:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit Manipura's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy 2nd birthday, AYP! I'll leave the singing to Melissa. Thanks for your generosity, Yogani.

m
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  2:58:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Many Many happy returns of the day to AYP and to Yogani, our dear, sweet & wonderful guruji!!

Thanks to david for remembering this special day and creating this thread. I am with Melissa, we need a speech. It is so good to hear you talk and am always up for it. Your writings are so good!

The reason many people fail in spirituality is that they try but make no attempt - Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  4:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

Thank you so much for your kind notes. When David wrote me about this yesterday, asking if there was anything we could celebrate, this was my reply:

-------------------
"I am not for celebrating 'Yogani,' but am for celebrating the anniversary of the AYP lessons. November 2, 2003 is special for me too, because that is when the divine flow started going out to the world. I am a witness to it as much as anyone, and have benefited from it as much as anyone. So I celebrate that, and everyone involved is to be celebrated equally. We have all come a long way together. Bravo for that!"
--------------------

So, my hat is off to all of you. I am only the person writing the lessons. You are the ones putting them into practice. Yoga is only yoga when people are doing it and benefiting. Knowledge is only useful when it is applied. That is what AYP is about. That is what I am celebrating today, and every day!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  11:53:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have a proposal.

If anyone is having a better life thanks to the clarity and optimism and overall good vibes that come from AYP, it'd be fitting to tithe back. Doing so would serve several needs:

1. thank Yogani

2. allow him to reach more people

3. ensure the survival of this forum (consider: it's not like we have each other's phone numbers!)

Yogani says that it may eventually cost $100/month to run this forum. And he's paying a lot to try to publicize the books (I believe he's pretty far in the red). I'm about to close a business deal I doubt I'd have put together without the clarity of AYP. I intend to give AYP back some money from that deal. Nothing crazy huge, but I'll consider what I'd have paid to receive these teachings (plus what I'd pay to see them available to others) and work from there. And I invite others to join me.

I'm also going to buy a whole bunch of books to give as gifts at holiday time. This will help Yogani, my friends, and the world. I love getting triple mileage.

I believe there's a posting somewhere with info on paypal addresses plus bulk order deals on AYP books. I can't find it; if someone could reply wiht that link, I'd appreciate it.

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on Nov 03 2005 11:54:33 AM
Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  12:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Here's the link with info on how to help financially if you want to:

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=556

Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  2:40:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Jim and His Karma

Yogani says that it may eventually cost $100/month to run this forum.

Good points. Don't you think that it is better to find out the exact cost and spread it accross more people? For instance if 50 of us donate $2/month it will still add up.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  5:01:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lili,

I dont think it is just about website. There are a lot of efforts going on to make AYP available to everyone. I think those costs are much higher and require financial support.

See this thread for much info http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....TOPIC_ID=558

Read there Yogani's post Posted - Oct 30 2005 : 1:46:16 PM

-Near

The reason many people fail in spirituality is that they try but make no attempt - Anonymous
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2005 :  05:43:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Near,

I see what you mean. Well that was just an idea abt the forum costs unrelated to supporting the books.
Go to Top of Page

Adam West

23 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2005 :  09:02:44 AM  Show Profile  Visit Adam West's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey I like the idea of a monthly direct debit automated account system. I already have a couple of those going with some charities. AYP would seem to be as good a cause as any :-) Can Yogani set something up? Otherwise we may just have to do it manually with the paypal account.

In kind regards,

Adam.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2005 :  2:41:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Folks:

The "helping" discussion here is much appreciated. I'm not very comfortable engaging directly in the pubic money raising discussion, so pardon my silence. Individual inquiries about it can be sent to my email. That goes for both donations and "deep discount" quantity book purchases. On the latter, there is some good news. It looks like we will be able to ship direct from London, UK, as well as Tennessee, USA, so that bodes well for the shipping costs to the UK and Europe. More on that soon in the Quantity Discount Topic.

At this point I am not in a position to set up for automatic money transfers on a regular basis on this end. Maybe Paypal can do it from the sender's end, though I have not spotted that option in there so far.

For those who are interested, here is the direct AYP/Paypal Donation Link. Any donations should only be for the perception of value received already. I am most comfortable with that.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Ute

39 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2005 :  11:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ute's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was gone and missed the party!
So belated: Happy Birthday AYP
Thank you, Yogani for bringing this practice to us, and thank you fellow travelers on the path.
Blessings,
Ute
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000