AYP Helpers
 Quantity "Deep Discount" on AYP Books
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 29 2005 :  4:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

Over the months, several have asked about obtaining "quantity discounts" on the purchase of the AYP books for gift-giving and sharing with others. I have hesitated to do that so as not to undercut the booksellers, but I now recognize that if many AYP books are being handed out, that will be a big benefit to everyone, including the booksellers.

So, now I am offering a "deep discount" from the suggested retail prices of the AYP books to those who are interested in buying at least five copies. If you would be interested in exploring this further, please write to me for the specifics -- yogani99@yahoo.com

Note: Due to shipping costs for "drop shipments" from the printer in Nashville, Tennessee, this offering is only economically feasible for the continental USA. Outside the continental USA, it will likely be less expensive to order the books from the Amazon site nearest you, where price discounts and free shipping are often available.

Post Note: Arrangements have been made, and now we can ship direct from the printer in London, UK also.

Thank you very much to Anthem who has been so kind to put up the "AYP needs your help" posting. To all who have responded with donations, I am extremely grateful. It is a relief to have some help with the operational and promotional costs associated with making the AYP knowledge available to as many people as possible around the world.

It is requested that any donations be based on the perception of value already received from AYP. That is what I am most comfortable with in a donation situation.

Wishing you all the best on your path. Practice wisely, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  07:07:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
[quote]Originally posted by yogani

Hi All:

Note: Due to shipping costs for "drop shipments" from the printer in Nashville, Tennessee, this offering is only economically feasible for the continental USA. Outside the continental USA, it will likely be less expensive to order the books from the Amazon site nearest you, where price discounts and free shipping are often available.

Hello there Yogani

I just thought I should put matters straight about pricing of the AYP books.

In the US Amazon are offering discounts as follows

The AYP book and the novel for 40 US dollars In the UK the same offer is the equivalent of 76 US Dollars
In the UK there is very much the attitude that we are always being ripped off so people tend to compare prices.

I think this difference is having a very bad effect on sales over here. It would probably make little difference to serious practitioners but people new to Yoga would certainly think twice about buying at these prices, and their just the people we want

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  10:34:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard:

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Yes, I don't think the pricing situation in the UK is very good either. There are several reasons for it:

1. Historical versus current exchange rates - The American books I checked are priced at 1.4-1.5 $/BP instead of the current rate of 1.78, which is favoring historical rates over current rates. That means higher prices in the UK compared to USA right off the bat. When setting this up last year, I used about 1.4 $/BP, which yields the AYP book UK price of 29BP, or about $52 (29 x 1.78), not the $76 you mentioned. With the printing costs over there, this would produce the same royalty here, or so I thought.

2. Currency conversion costs. I did not know about this when starting out. In my case, it is 10% right off the top to the bank here. This might explain part of why cross border prices are higher in general.

3. Amazon UK refuses to discount the AYP books. This has nothing to do with the suggested retail price, but was unexpected. In the USA Amazon discounts the AYP book 34%. In Canada, 30%. In France, 15%. In Germany, none. In Japan, none. Amazon Germany and Japan also use exchange rates favorable to themselves in setting their retail prices, besides not discounting them.

All of this cross-border finagling helps explain why European cars are more expensive in America, and vise versa.

The only prices set by me are USA and UK. All the rest are translations by others. I am going to make an adjustment in the UK price for both the AYP book and Secrets of Wilder to try and improve the situation. But I hope you can see that the price differential is also in the hands of others, built into the system, so to speak. I'll do the best I can on this end.

Also, price changes are not instant. It might take a few months to come through the distribution chain.

Finally, besides in Nashville Tennessee, the AYP books are also printed in London, UK. One might ask, why can't drop shipments for quantity purchases be sent from London? That option does not exist in the web-automated ordering system at the printer, and I am investigating to see if drop shipments can be ordered from London by other means. If it can be done, I will let you know here. That would enable us to do the deep discount for quantity purchases in Europe as well, hopefully with shipping costs that are feasible.

I apologize for any missteps made on this end. All of this international stuff is new to me, and I am learning. Please do correct me if anything has been missed in the figuring here. I'd like for the AYP books to be available everywhere as equitably as possible.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  11:16:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Thanks for your quick answer, I do understand how difficult it must be to sort this out, the problem is not so much with the AYP book as it will be bought by most people who are seriously into the practice whatever the price, In a nutshell its the novel where the problem lies. We want it to be bought by people who are not into Yoga at all the same group who would buy say Johnathan Livingston Seagull. Lets face it we need it on the shelf at bookstores for this and beside other books of this nature I think the price would be prohibitive.

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  11:46:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard:

Agreed. I'll see what can be done. UK prices will come down.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  12:17:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again
Is there any plans for the mass marketing of the novel?

We need to see it on the shelf at the mainstream booksellers. This novel is so important its what is going to pull people into AYP, those who read it and like it are going to want to try the practices and the web site and forum would go mad.

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  1:46:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard:

The Secrets of Wilder novel and the AYP easy lessons book will be in both of the 2006 International New Age Trade Shows (INATS) -- Orlando in February and Denver in June. These are the biggest shows, I am told. The books will be in the booth of New Leaf Distributing, the largest new age book distributor in the USA. These are wholesaler shows, not open to the general public. There will be store and chain buyers there from the USA, Europe and many other places. "Yogani" has no plans to be at either of these shows...

There will also be new "entry-level" AYP books included in these shows: One for February - "Deep Meditation," and two more added for June - "Spinal Breathing Pranayama" and "Tantra." So there will be a total of three AYP books in the Feb show, and five in the June show. The new books are designed for mass market readership, much more so than the current AYP books. They will include concise instructions on specific practices with no mumbo-jumbo, and will be inexpensive.

In addition to the shows, flyers are being sent to all the New Age bookstore outlets in the USA. There have been AYP press releases going out regularly to the entire American media, print advertising has been bought, and other promotions have been done also. All of this has been USA only. The funding available is limited, so I am picking promotions very carefully, and not able to do many of the things I would like. Considering that over 70% of the AYP website readership is the USA, that is where I am focusing.

The AYP books are "self-published." That limits the reach of promotional activities, which are very expensive. While book production and distribution are no longer major issues in self-publishing due to the great new technologies, the "mass marketing," as you call it, continues to be a big challenge.

Attracting a publisher to do all of this for AYP was not possible in the beginning, but maybe there will be more interest moving forward. That would be a big help for the Secrets of Wilder, especially, because it can reach far beyond the "yoga circuit."

For the reasons you have mentioned, during this development period, I think the Secrets of Wilder will continue to be a "sleeper," with its potentially huge public appeal. It was written for that purpose -- to put a human "everyman" face on what we could not even be talking about a couple of years ago -- an integrated self-directed program of practices for cultivating human spiritual transformation, plus sharing in the complete journey with modern practitioners in a western cultural setting.

From the standpoint of practical spiritual knowledge, the Secrets of Wilder is like Jonathan Livingston Seagull with big teeth.

So I do agree with you about the Secrets of Wilder. It may be a few years ahead of its time, but its time is surely coming. Lacking the advantage of a big marketing budget, it will most likely happen mainly by word-of-mouth.

Any help with promotions is much appreciated -- financial or time and effort anyone can spare for helping increase AYP visibility. I will continue to do all I can here.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  07:07:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Don't you think that the Secrets of Wilder would make a great movie? Is it free to have the novel reviewed by someone who does scirpt writing?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  10:56:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lili:

The Secrets of Wilder is available for any channel that can help it find the broad audience it was written for. It is available for reissue with a large book publisher, and for being turned into a screenplay. No one has come knocking on either of these yet.

The novel is a sleeper that will "wake up" sometime in the future. It is a metaphor for all of humanity.

If we look at it that way, the prospects are pretty exciting for everyone!

Thanks for chiming in. It is a great suggestion.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Lili

Netherlands
372 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  11:34:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes this would be really cool because it has everything inside for a good movie. Btw a martial arts film has a very neat scene of a dance above a lake that reminds of the scene in the book. Unfortunately they did not select this scene for the clip on the net.
http://www.empiremovies.com/movies/2003/hero.shtml
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  10:12:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have heard that the writer and producer of "What the bleep do we know?" is a student of Ramtha, and that was actually Ramtha in the movie. It was a very fun movie with a real cult following and a surprising level of grassroot popularity.

Channelled entities aren't good at teaching actual practices (not really their dept, after all) and I'd imagine Ramtha fits into this mold.

Hence the movie was philosophical, but not really "how to" actually achieve a nervous system that can really see the world in the way the movie advocated.

I haven't read the Wilder book yet, but it sounds like the "Bleep" people should know about it.

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2005 :  10:13:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another misc note: the acceptance of a new product into the market place like the Internet, radial tires, etc follows a very mathematical pattern: the time it takes to gain acceptance within 10% of the market is the time it takes to gain acceptance within 90% of the market. Ideas spread exactly like that, too.

Introducing a complete practice approach accessible to the average person like AYP has done is a huge revolution and will take time for to get to that 0.1% of the spiritual market place, but will exponentially grow from that point on.

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2005 :  2:04:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yoda:

Yes, the Secrets of Wilder is very hands-on with practices, and on what it is like to live through the process of human spiritual transformation. I wanted the story to have that level of realism, while at the same time have the universal elements of the Campbell mythological structure, so it might both inspire and instruct like no spiritual novel has before. That was the goal -- a tall order. We'll see what the verdict is as awareness of it in the marketplace increases. Pretty good reviews on Amazon so far.

The growth scenario you describe sounds good to me. May your words be prophesy.

It's that first 0.1% that takes the most time, work and money for sure.

It is interesting to note that the most popular "new" spiritual books today, like "The Power of Now" and "The Four Agreements," were written back in the 1990s. They have followed the scenario you describe, with most of the growth in awareness of these writings happening in recent years.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2005 :  1:01:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Post Note: Arrangements have been made, and now we can ship direct from the printer in London, UK also.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2005 :  7:42:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

As promised in my postings of October 30th above, the UK prices for the AYP Easy Lessons book and the Secrets of Wilder have been substantially reduced. You can check by going to the appropriate Amazon UK links here.

Also, the new book "Deep Meditation - Pathway to Personal Freedom" will be showing up in all the distribution channels soon! It is available for the quantity deep discount also from both the USA and UK. It is an inexpensive little book that enables anyone to easily learn deep meditation and manage the practice long term, including handling the many experiences that can come up as purification progresses in the nervous system and full potential unfolds.

If you are interested in handing out any of the AYP books to help spread the word, please write me for details.

Btw, all of the AYP books are also available in eBook format worldwide, for much lower cost than the physical books. Those links are on the AYP books page as well.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

cosmic_troll

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2006 :  02:32:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit cosmic_troll's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Regarding "Secret of Wilder" and getting it into people's minds and hands... It may be a longshot, but Oprah has her Book Club, where she recommends books that are inspiring to her. If she were to receive a copy of the book (maybe from a fan of hers, with a great personal review), she might at least look into it. She does seem to like spiritual/inspiring stories. Here is a link:

http://www.oprah.com/books/books_landing.jhtml

Or if not Oprah specifically, then others like her, who maybe review books and have some kind of following.

The more I hear about "The Secret of Wilder" on these forums, the more I want to read it... I'd better get a copy soon
Go to Top of Page

yogani99

USA
153 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2006 :  2:23:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani99's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Cosmic:

Somehow missed your note here until now.

All of the AYP books were sent to Oprah's book club (and to other well-known people) shortly after they were published. No responses received so far. So the writing continues...

The theory is that the bigger the spiritual wave gets the less it can be ignored. Thank you to all you spiritual wave makers.

When you get around to it, I hope you enjoy the Secrets of Wilder. It is a blend of many things. Most of all, it is a tale about how one person's journey (using real practices) leads to the rise of worldwide spiritual science. It begins with one very determined teenager on a pregnant windswept Florida beach... Whewee!

It could be any of us taking the bull by the horns in this way. It could be all of us!

Imagine it...

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2006 :  5:44:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All:

With the new Tantra book out, just a reminder that the quantity deep discount is still active. That is 55% off suggested retail plus shipping for as many books as you want.

Due to shipping costs from the printer (USA or UK), it only works economically for 5-10 books or more (combining titles if you want). For fewer than 5-10 books, it is usually less expensive to buy them with discounts from a large retailer like Amazon.

If interested in the quantity discount, let me know. It is easy to do, and is a big help to AYP.

Would anyone like to stand on the street corner handing out Tantra books? Well, maybe handing out Deep Meditation or Spinal Breathing books would be safer. They all lead to the same place. It is only a matter of which door one wants to walk through first ... all doors lead inward...

The guru is in you.
----------------------

PS -- Retail prices can be found individually using the Amazon links on the books page, or you can find book info and USA suggested retail prices for all the AYP books on the flyer here -- http://www.aypsite.com/11-AYP-Flyer-5-2-06.pdf (big PDF file - it takes a while to load the first time - also accessible via link on the bottom of the books page)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000