Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Hello fellow Yogis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sean

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  03:30:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit sean's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hey, just wanted to step out of the shadows here and say Hi. Like Yoda who has recently introduced himself, I'm coming over here from www.thetaobums.com/forum. I'm really excited about Yogani's material. I have this intuition that there is some level of transmission involved in the presentation itself that is perhaps not completely inherent to the actual practices and is enhacing their effectiveness, if that makes any sense. As if Yogani's presence in bringing these pieces together is creating more than the sum of it's parts. In any case, his grace with words and his organizational abilities are a blessing. This is powerful stuff. From the first time I tried the I AM meditation I felt my heart glowing with a blissful heat and since beginning spinal breathing I have had intense dreams of beautiful white light bathing a path up and down my spinal column, acute pulsing at my third eye, and near-orgasmic pulsing at my perineum (for real). I'm keeping steady with just these first two practices, as is suggested, and in this last week the intensity has settled which I am taking as a good sign actually.

Like Yoda and many of us over at The Tao Bums, I've been working with neo-Taoist methods (via Michael Winn and others) for the last few years and before that have explored several other modalities such as Western magick and transpersonal hypnosis. I have read through the Taoist thread here though and intend to drop the deeper Taoist-style alchemical work, at least for now, in favor of working through Yogani's material without unnecessary complications.

Anyway, it's great to be here. Brief bio, I'm a 29 year old website designer and freelance 3d animator in the Bay Area. Been "seeking" since I was very young. Love meditating, yoga, all forms of art, a little Brazilian jujitsu to keep me sharp, sunsets, long walks on the beach ...

Sean.

http://www.thetaobums.com/forum

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  09:38:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Thanks for the introduction. Welcome to the board Sean.
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  11:18:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Good to have you here Sean. welcome!
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Oct 31 2005 :  12:15:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Sean. Thanks for the intro, we are all here to help each other.

Blessings

RICHARD
Go to Top of Page

trip1

USA
739 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  11:27:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit trip1's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Greetings Sean, and welcome to the board.
Go to Top of Page

sean

USA
20 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  4:29:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit sean's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the warm welcome everyone.

Sean.

http://www.thetaobums.com/forum
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Nov 01 2005 :  7:31:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sean,

Welcome to the board. I went to your forums and just read the thread about AYP. http://www.thetaobums.com/forum/ind...howtopic=933

Good stuff. keep going.

I especially liked this quote about Yogani --> "The tibetians and indians can't share. The chinese can't write. But this guy has it going"

- Near

If anyone ever tells you your genes or astrological influences will hold you back, tell them to go away. Never let anyone ever tell you you can't do it. If God tells you that you can't do it, tell him/her, "I am coming in anyway." That is bhakti. It will not take "no" for an answer. The stars, our genes, and even almighty God cannot resist the power of bhakti. The parent cannot resist the incessant cries of its child. That is the truth - Yogani
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2005 :  12:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
http://www.thetaobums.com/forum/ind...howtopic=933

Hi Sean:

Welcome aboard! I hope you will find AYP to be a useful resource as you travel along your chosen path.

Forums are a great way to explore and expand on spiritual knowledge and methods. You have a nice one going there in "Tao Bums." Glad we can have some cross pollination going on.

I saw over there that a discussion on AYP tantra has come up, with particular focus on the idea of semen entering the bladder, and how this can lead to spiritual developments higher up in the body. A question about the physical plumbing aspect came up -- How can vital essences get from the bladder to the brain?

I wanted to point out that it is not only physical plumbing that is involved in this. It is quite complex, really, involving physical, biological and neurological processes in the body, all of which are connected as human spiritual transformation advances. Not only the bladder is involved. There are other pathways through the sacrum to the spinal cord and up. And it also reaches up into the digestive system where a lot of activity can be observed related to the awakening of an ecstatic radiance throughout the whole body. All of this depends on our rising inner silence gained in deep meditation. The rest of the methods in AYP build on inner silence ("moving stillness") to bring up the ecstatic aspects of our development. The union of inner silence (shiva) and ecstatic conductivity (kundalini/shakti) results in the complete unfoldment in the human being. In the end, what we have is unshakable inner silence, ecstatic bliss and outpouring divine love.

So it is a complex process going on there in the pelvic region that is part of a much greater whole. Fortunately we do not have to understand it all to move forward through the transformation, any more than we have to understand how our inner biology works for our normal functioning every day. All we have to know is how to stimulate this natural process that leads us to higher functioning. That is what yoga is about, of course. Someday the scientists will unravel the inner workings of human spiritual transformation. In the meantime, we can intelligently apply and enjoy the fruits of the wonderful practices that have been handed down to us by the many great ones who have come before.

Btw, the processes of spiritual transformation discussed above are the same in women as in men, including the entry of vital essences into the bladder, etc. There is more on all of this in the AYP lessons. So read on, share your thoughts here if you like, and enjoy!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2005 :  6:45:56 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Great thread, very helpful!

Sean built tao bums singlehandedly, by the way.

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000