Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Standing vs sitting vs lying in IAM and pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  4:16:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I think standing would be a hit in pranayama breathing and possibly in IAM meditation or maybe for the first 5 minutes or so. Any thoughts?

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Oct 30 2005 :  9:30:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yoda,

Ancient sages used to do tapas by standing on one leg, by standing on head etc... Those kinds of meditation were considered to produce more effect than regular meditation (probably because they are difficult to do ?).

Especially the standing over head and meditating definitely helps because it stimulates kundalini a lot.

But all those are advanced practices. For our AYP meditation where we do only for 20 mins, i dont think it is a good idea to change poses in between (stand for 5 mins and then sit) because that disturbs the meditation. I dont know about the effects of doing complete standing meditation.

-Near

If anyone ever tells you your genes or astrological influences will hold you back, tell them to go away. Never let anyone ever tell you you can't do it. If God tells you that you can't do it, tell him/her, "I am coming in anyway." That is bhakti. It will not take "no" for an answer. The stars, our genes, and even almighty God cannot resist the power of bhakti. The parent cannot resist the incessant cries of its child. That is the truth - Yogani
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000