Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 General Kechari Excitement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2005 :  10:31:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Just wanted to say hi, I learned of this site from www.thetaobums.com the other day. I ordered the (AYP) book and *many* things have fallen into place by reading it. I'm one of those who has done all the "taoist pranayama" exercises without doing the meditation, and my experience has been fun but very glitchy. So now I'm officially an avid 2x a day meditator! Still, I like all the pranayama tricks of the trade and kechari really caught my eye. I'll work on it.

I've studied many an eastern religion for the past 19 years and never have encountered such straightforward, well thought out material. It's been very frustrating trying to get a straight answer from these here gurus.

Accessibility of spiritual teachings has been growing quickly over the last 2 decades, but this book is a real tipping point that will speed the whole process up a notch.

My loosened tongue shall spread the word!

-Yoda

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  01:13:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yoda, you seem to match a lot of my own experiences. I think you'll find that, after all that incomplete work, AYP is very dry, very combustible kindling indeed.

Buckle up and enjoy the ride. And you'll get best results if you drop the Taoist stuff (exception: tai chi and inner smile, both of which are "modular" and fit well with any system) as long as you're working on AYP.

Also, if you're working on kechari, you've skipped WAY ahead. I'd implore you to start from the beginning. I did, and have gotten such lovely results that I'm nowhere near any of the later practices .... and may never get to any of them.
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  12:11:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jim,

Thanks for the note! I'm wondering what taoist practices will work along side AYP. I'm doing the sungazing program too, so I'm all loaded up. I'll experiment with it. I know kechari is jumping forward but it can take many years of tongue snipping... I'll be ready by then.

Besides, the cat's out of the bag.

If you count inner smile as meditation, Yogani and Chia have a pretty similar program. Chia gets kudos for being first to press and Yogani gets kudos for his superior organization and emphatic emphasis on meditation that is missing in Chia's material.

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  2:09:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not gonna beg you, Yoda, but let me make one last stab. This is what I'd suggest, strongly, and I'm pretty sure Yogani will agree. You are, of course, free to do as you think best.

I'd start at the very beginning of AYP, and follow Yogani's frequent and painstaking reminders about self-pacing. I'd stop the sun-gazing, stop the microcosmic orbit, stop the tongue clipping. Stop EVERYTHING except for inner smile and tai chi. Do just meditation for a while. See how it feels. Then slooowly move forward through AYP.

Let me restate: I'm ONLY doing meditation and pranayama (and mulabanda/sambavi...and recently added on samyama). I do not feel as if I have any brakes on, things are happening as fast as I could imagine, and yet I'm staying pretty calm and level-headed, with virtually no bumps. That's a rare combo, and I'm grateful to have found it. I got there by taking the self pacing advice very seriously. I'm not stepping on the accelerator till I feel I've slowed down, and nothing's slowed down at all, so I'm just enjoying the heck out of my limited practice. Yogani says that meditation is all you need, and the rest is just little spurs and tricks (well, not in those words). I can attest to the truth of this.

If you'd like, this thread addresses the Taoist stuff: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....Terms=taoist
please consider my analogy (in that thread) of the boat.

Ok, that's the last note of caution you'll hear from me! :)

Have fun!
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2005 :  5:06:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Excellent advice... I certainly won't drive a racecar until I'm ready, but no harm in building one in the meantime.

Thanks for the thread link, that was *extremely* helpful. I've only been aware of AYP for a couple of weeks, so there is much to consider.

-Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  3:48:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cool MRI photos.

http://www.siddhasiddhanta.com/khechari.html

Go to Top of Page

david_obsidian

USA
2602 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2005 :  4:37:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Yoda

Cool MRI photos.

Great stuff! I hope this scientific analysis continues!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000