Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Automatic crown breathing in SBP?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  11:28:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Namaste Friends and I hope you all had a wonderful Holiday Season!

I'm opening this thread in hopes of better understanding automatic yoga. Up until semi recently every time I heard people talk about yogic practices happening "automatically" I kinda took it with a grain of salt. Some people have pretty active imaginations so I often just figured these were either people with highly sensitive imaginations or they were much much further along in their journey's then I am. But recently I have been having some automatic yogic happenings myself and one of these I need to discuss as I am slightly worried about what may happen if I continue to allow these automatic things to continue to happen.

Sometime in the recent past I started to really "get the hang of" SBP. It started to happen pretty much automatically with many of the mudras and bandhas happening automatically as well. As I breathe in while doing SBP, mula and uddiyana bandha happen without any intention, and so do sambhavi and kechari mudra. About a week or maybe two ago what started happening is I noticed on my in breath I wasn't ending at my forehead anymore but was continuing outside of my head to a small "ball" on the end of my "sushumna thread". Then as I exhaled I would be instictually drawn to flow down the sushumna not from the ajna spot but instead down from the crown straight to the root. So in case that didn't come out very clear, I am now automatically going from root to just outside the ajna spot on the forehead and then down from just above the crown all the way to the root. And what I have found is that if I just let what happens happen, I will get a "sucking" sensation from the root on the way up and will have a strong pressure sensation on the forehead until my attention moves outside the forehead, and then I will get a strong "sucking" down feeling on the top of my head as I exhale from just above the crown all the way to the root. I get very hot during this and lately my spine and hands have been sweating alot during SBP practice. Am I in danger of a premature crown opening even though this is all happening automatically? I haven't had any bad purification symptoms for a little while now, so I am hoping that this is all happening as it should, but you can never be too careful right?

Love,
Carson

P.S. I have also had some spontaneous asanas happening and I have had to include a 10 minute asana session before all meditation practices. I am very unflexible but am finding that I can now easily sit in full siddhasana (without a cushion even)and fully complete stretches like padangustasana (without falling over, haha) and maha mudra etc which I have never before even been close to being able to do.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 05 2009 3:46:43 PM

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  1:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

Thank you so much for sharing from your journey.
It's exciting, isn't it, to begin to experience what our nervous system is capable of...

From experience, I can only say that whenever people start speaking of "sucking" feelings in relation to the crown - be it coming down or going up - my ears switch to red alert.

This is basically because I have had so much trouble myself from an active crown.

As you know with all the AYP practises, they are built on Yoganis own direct experiences over several decades being a yogi, and also expriences from those before him...Many centuries of direct experiences.

So.
AYP Spinal Breathing Pranayama is not involving the crown. The crown opens by proxy. This is a very wise, and profylactic approach. So - keep strictly to how it is done according to AYP.

However - I know very well the feeling of "not being in control of where the energy goes". That it happens automatically, and that it sort of happens "in spite of you"...in spite of what you may want to do. But. The fact is that you can favour going up and out through the Ajna and then taking the exact same route down again. Keep all of your attention on the prescribed route. Whatever happens between the "start of the fork" in the middle of the head and the crown - ignore it. Do not go there with your attention. Neither during practises nor out of practises.

quote:
I get very hot during this and lately my spine and hands have been sweating alot during SBP practice. Am I in danger of a premature crown opening even though this is all happening automatically?

Yes. These are signs of a beginning energy overload. No need to worry (you don't sound afraid...but there might be others reading this :-) - but definitely time to self-pace. I would suggest you cut down on the Pranayama time for a while until things settle down. If you are doing 10 min....reduce it to 5. Also consider reducing meditation time with a few minutes. Just for a while. Better safe than sorry

Are you doing any physical exercise besides Asanas?
I guess you are out with your dogs a lot - this is good

Are you getting enough sleep?

Also - you might find it interesting to read the two topics linked below. These are almost 3 years old....but here you can see what it was like for me

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1104

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1120

I am sure others here have things to say too about this issue.

You're fine and all is well

Do report back.
If you would be so kind
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  2:45:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy New Year Katrine and thank you for your response!
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

It's exciting, isn't it, to begin to experience what our nervous system is capable of...

Yes very much so. There were many times where the energies were not consistant enough or were very subtle and I thought "I could very easily be 'placebo effecting' myself here and thinking I am feeling stuff I am not", but now the energy is consistant enough and strong enough that I know that it is not placebo. Oddly enough I think the consistancy is coming at this time of my journey because I have almost completely cut out marijuana. I am down to smoking very little per day, absolutely the minimum I can physically get away with, and I think this may have something to do with it. Not to mention the past few months I have been having a gradual heart opening that has kinda climaxed as of late with the reading of that book you ordered recently; "Real Love" by Greg Baer. I'm sure it is all connected.

quote:

From experience, I can only say that whenever people start speaking of "sucking" feelings in relation to the crown - be it coming down or going up - my ears switch to red alert.

Yes I'm sure most people on here probably do. Myself included, hence why I opened this thread.

quote:

AYP Spinal Breathing Pranayama is not involving the crown. The crown opens by proxy. This is a very wise, and profylactic approach. So - keep strictly to how it is done according to AYP.

Yes, I have never doubted the wisdom of Yogani's teachings in any regards let alone the crown area, my issue was just that it is happening without any intention so I was curious at to whether or not this meant I was meant to be doing it this way for a reason. You know...guided by my inner guru to do this.

quote:

However - I know very well the feeling of "not being in control of where the energy goes". That it happens automatically, and that it sort of happens "in spite of you"...in spite of what you may want to do. But. The fact is that you can favour going up and out through the Ajna and then taking the exact same route down again. Keep all of your attention on the prescribed route. Whatever happens between the "start of the fork" in the middle of the head and the crown - ignore it. Do not go there with your attention. Neither during practises nor out of practises.

Ok. Point taken. But then I guess my question to you now would be; "Why would this be happening automatically if it is not meant to happen?" Everything else that seems to be happening automatically (all the mudras, bandhas and asanas and even the extention of the sushumna during SBP) seems to be positive and good for me. Why would my inner guru be pulling me to exhale from above and then through the crown and allow this sucking to happen (which by the way pulls down to about the heart area, and the upwards sucking comes up to about the same area as well) if it is detrimental to a smooth awakening? Not saying I disagree just trying to understand better how to interpret my "inner guru".

quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I get very hot during this and lately my spine and hands have been sweating alot during SBP practice. Am I in danger of a premature crown opening even though this is all happening automatically?

quote:

Yes. These are signs of a beginning energy overload. No need to worry (you don't sound afraid...but there might be others reading this :-) - but definitely time to self-pace. I would suggest you cut down on the Pranayama time for a while until things settle down. If you are doing 10 min....reduce it to 5. Also consider reducing meditation time with a few minutes. Just for a while. Better safe than sorry

Man that sucks. I'm already self pacing big time. (I think)
I have stopped using a watch and timing myself but in general I do about 10 minutes of asanas now, a couple good go-rounds or nauli kriya (which I'm actually getting awesome at and wish I could make and post a youtube video of because I can do it way better then a lot of the videos I saw of other people doing it on there last time I tried to look) 5-10 minutes of SBP depending on when my body seems to stop and switch to meditation and then I meditate fro 15-20 minutes on average I'd say. I'm not doing any kumbhakas or chin pumps, nor samyama even at this point. My practices are usually around 40 minutes plus rest time. And I usually get enough rest. So to have to self pace more is going to suck.

quote:

Are you doing any physical exercise besides Asanas?
I guess you are out with your dogs a lot - this is good

Well, I get more physical exercise then most people I think, but maybe not enough still. My day job requires a fair bit of walking as the complex is a train yard and I'm not special enough to get a golf cart so I have to walk everywhere I go, and yeah I still walk my dogs a fair amount daily. I also live in stupid Canada and have to shovel snow just about daily. And not an inch or two, sometimes a foot or more at a time. (at least this year anyways! What happened to global warming!?!?.....Just kidding...please don't shoot! I know it's called "Climate Change" haha.) I'm basically a pretty active guy. When I have time I participate in a number of sports from soccer to snowboarding to hockey to skateboarding. I also enjoy doing parcour or free-running (or one of my friends and my variations on these activities called "Aggressive Street Dancing" which really has to be seen to be fully appreciated, hahahahaha) in the summer more then winter so....I think I get enough, but there is always room for more!

quote:

Are you getting enough sleep?

In general no. I work too much and it takes time for me to wind down after working at the Drop In Centre at night so I usually only get about 5 or 6 hours if I'm really lucky and fall asleep fast. But over the holidays I got much more sleep then I am used to which was very nice and well needed for sure. I don't feel tired ever though which is also a bonus for sure.

quote:

Also - you might find it interesting to read the two topics linked below. These are almost 3 years old....but here you can see what it was like for me
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1104
http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1120

Thank you Katrine, I have read them both now, and they explain a lot. I will try to stay away from the crown even though my inner guru really wants to go there, but I would still love to hear more from you and others on this topic. Thanks again for the great post!

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 05 2009 2:52:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  3:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson, I think our body has the tendency to want to open up as fast as possible and that is what's happening with your crown. The accumulation of knowledge on how the spiritual transformation works that we have here is really very precious. Because we can choose the most convenient path and even if we don't at least we know what to expect :) It's a know-how accumulated over a long period of time. If the body instinctively knew what is best for a smooth awakening, we probably wouldn't need ayp. But it's just not the case.

So let's say that you went with what your body wants now. What would probably happen is overdoing, possibly a lot more than you wanted considering it's the crown. This would be followed by some uncomfortable symptoms which would cause you to self-pace anyway, but with more discomfort and probably for a longer time. So in the end it's a complication, not faster purification. I had been overdoing the practices for quite a time and decided to go with the symptoms, but I don't really think it was beneficial for my overall health :) Better self-pace your bhakti and the tendency to want it all now :)
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  3:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi tadeas and thanks for your input!

You are right for sure in that the accumlation of knowledge available here at AYP is precious indeed, and it does help to eliminate what could have been some nasty surprises, no contest there. And I fully understand why it would not be advised for someone to actively practice anything that involves the crown. But you really think that the body has a tendency to want to open up as fast as it can? That doesn't seem to be my experience at all. I have never put any conscious attention on my crown. Always heeded Yogani's crown warnings, but when this started happening and it took conscious attention to stop it from happening, I figured well, whatever, maybe it's time for this to happen. And I just let things happen as they would. But after two weeks of this, I am starting to get very hot and sweaty on my spine and palms and this instantly alerted me to the fact that maybe I shouldn't be allowing this to just happen as it is. So I posted. And it seems so far to be the consensus that I should forcefully exhale back through the ajna and down to the root even though this seems difficult and awkward at this point. I'm sure this too shall pass, as everything does, but I am finding it difficult to not second guess my inner guru now that I don't feel I can completely trust it. Any comments?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  4:05:26 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Happy New Year to you too Carson

quote:
Oddly enough I think the consistancy is coming at this time of my journey because I have almost completely cut out marijuana. I am down to smoking very little per day, absolutely the minimum I can physically get away with, and I think this may have something to do with it.

This is great, Carson! Wonderful
You know....I've been meaning to ask you....when you smoke....how do you do it? I mean......do you just casually smoke while you do other things....do you go outside and smoke.....or do you sit down smoking, while reading...or whatever?

I'm asking you this because...in my experience....whenever any habit would drop off....it would happen either because of a heart opening...or.....if I was able to stay consistantly present while engaged in the habit. In your case: Have you tried - when you smoke - to sit down and just smoke and watch, watch, watch.....really be present with the smoking....if there are thoughts....come back to watching yourself smoke. In other words....be completely here with the smoking? It would be interesting to see what would unfold.....Just a suggestion This would mean that you don't at all have to think about the smoking outside smoking times. Do not expect it to drop either. Disregard all such thoughts. You just stay present while you smoke. And then see what happens. Give it some time.

quote:
Ok. Point taken. But then I guess my question to you now would be; "Why would this be happening automatically if it is not meant to happen?" Everything else that seems to be happening automatically (all the mudras, bandhas and asanas and even the extention of the sushumna during SBP) seems to be positive and good for me. Why would my inner guru be pulling me to exhale from above and then through the crown and allow this sucking to happen (which by the way pulls down to about the heart area, and the upwards sucking comes up to about the same area as well) if it is detrimental to a smooth awakening? Not saying I disagree just trying to understand better how to interpret my "inner guru".

*laughing*......
Yes....*smiling*.....you know, this is exactly what puzzled me too at the time. What can I say, Carson.....some things remain a mystery. But let me put it this way: Your desire is driving you Home, right? This is Bhakti. At the same time, Home is calling and calling...yes? I mean.....what was the name of those two lovers running across the highland towards each other in the Emily Brontë novel.....Heathcliff and....?...can't remember her name now (Whuthering Heights....was that the novel..?). Anyway.....if we run too fast....we trip.....and it may take us longer to reach each other. However - this "taking longer" ...this tripping.... is also exactly what the Beingness ordered (nothing is ever a mistake)....it may produce a situation that will ensure growth in other ways......*laughing*.....it is such a paradox, see. On one end of the stick we seem to be doing something, while at the other end noone does anything at all. And the stick is the same all along!

In my case.....these experiences brings humbleness......because...by forcing ahead.....I am gently (or not so gently:-)..all depending upon the degree of stubborness present) shown that nothing is not connected. Everything is interconnected. So the advise I got from Jim, Anthem, Shanti, Yogani and others.....these were also advise from my inner guru. Since the guru in all is One. Your inner guru is not different from my inner guru. Right?

You see....things are almost never what they seem to be. While it now may seem as the Home calling is different from the desire to come home.....it isn't so. The "one" attracted is not different from the one calling. The Heart and the heart is the same.........literally

quote:
So to have to self pace more is going to suck.

*laughing*......Carson. How exactly is it going to suck?...*laughing*.....In the science we are in....less is more, right? To self-pace does not mean it will take you longer to "get home". On the contrary. You are home. If we don't prudently self-pace.....home is obscured. I am a Viking, remember?....I am sooooo stubborn......thick helmet on head and all But - I never ever get it "my" way. How about meditating just 15 min. And just 5 min of Pranayama. This is what I do normally. (+ Samyama). Still.....this is all. I still self-pace all the time. And it works!

You're fine, you know

I wish you all the best!

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  4:55:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello stubborn Viking woman! (Said with a smile and a laugh and all the love in the world....haha.)
quote:

You know....I've been meaning to ask you....when you smoke....how do you do it? I mean......do you just casually smoke while you do other things....do you go outside and smoke.....or do you sit down smoking, while reading...or whatever?

Before I started to quit I smoked pretty much all day long. I smoked first thing in the morning(while I got dressed and stuff) and then in the car on my way to work...then I would smoke three or four times at work(these times I would just walk away from my building and "watch" myself smoke), before every meditation(usually in the car driving), before and after every mealtime (even if I don't eat, and this is usually either in the car, at work or on the couch I'd say), everytime I got in my car to drive somewhere(this was probably the hardest time to break the habit), and then all night long after dinner(usually sitting on my couch or something along those lines). Now when I smoke it is usually a half a joint or so after lunch outside my building at work, the rest of the joint on my drive home from work before I meditate, and now I am trying to just smoke one or two bongs in the evenings usually while sitting and reading or watching a movie or something. This may sound like an awful lot still to someone who doesn't smoke "chronically", but I have never smoked this little since I started smoking about 15 years ago.

quote:

I'm asking you this because...in my experience....whenever any habit would drop off....it would happen either because of a heart opening...or.....if I was able to stay consistantly present while engaged in the habit. In your case: Have you tried - when you smoke - to sit down and just smoke and watch, watch, watch.....really be present with the smoking....if there are thoughts....come back to watching yourself smoke. In other words....be completely here with the smoking? It would be interesting to see what would unfold.....Just a suggestion This would mean that you don't at all have to think about the smoking outside smoking times. Do not expect it to drop either. Disregard all such thoughts. You just stay present while you smoke. And then see what happens. Give it some time.

I try to be as present as possible in all situations really. And I'm not just saying that. Before I started meditating full time I used to always say that my "curse" was that I am "hyper-aware" of everything. The curse being that I notice things noone else even thinks of, and a lot of the stuff people are unconcious about used to drive me totally crazy. This is part of the reason I latched onto drugs in the first place. Without smoking pot I couldn't control my anger. When I first started smoking weed it was purely for anger managements sake. For example, without smoking, all it would take would be for me to see a billboard or a bus ad that was deliberately preying on young people's sub-conscious or something along those lines, and then I would be pissed off for weeks. Couldn't let go of ANYTHING until I started to smoke weed. And then I became full out dependant on marijuana in order to stay under the self control I desired to stay under. This cost me a long term relationship, many years of family interaction, and much much more. And then eventually pot lost the effect it was having on my self control and my anger management and I had to graduate to heroin to acheive the same effects. But I never stopped smoking as much pot as I had. In fact I probably increased it a bunch because I started selling about three times as much in order to cover my heroin costs. Bad scene altogether. But I do like your suggestion, and since I am already smoking so little, I will make sure I take the time necessary to "watch" myself and do self inquiry the whole time I am physically smoking. I'll see where it leads and let you know.

quote:

*laughing*......
Yes....*smiling*.....you know, this is exactly what puzzled me too at the time. What can I say, Carson.....some things remain a mystery. But let me put it this way: Your desire is driving you Home, right? This is Bhakti. At the same time, Home is calling and calling...yes? I mean.....what was the name of those two lovers running across the highland towards each other in the Emily Brontë novel.....Heathcliff and....?...can't remember her name now (Whuthering Heights....was that the novel..?). Anyway.....if we run too fast....we trip.....and it may take us longer to reach each other. However - this "taking longer" ...this tripping.... is also exactly what the Beingness ordered (nothing is ever a mistake)....it may produce a situation that will ensure growth in other ways......*laughing*.....it is such a paradox, see. On one end of the stick we seem to be doing something, while at the other end noone does anything at all. And the stick is the same all along!

See though Katrine, I am not in any rush. I am not trying to "get" anywhere anymore. I have realized through personal experience that less is more (I was using ALL the AYP techinuques for almost 2 months straight before I had to stop and cut WAY back about 2 months ago) and it wasn't until I learned this that my heart started opening. And I have no desire to become more, or be a more advanced yogi, I am fully content to let God facilitate my journey how He sees fit, but you see that is what I thought I was doing, but now it seems to me like I (we at AYP) seem to know better then God! And that can't be right. I just don't want to second guess myself/God if I don't absolutely have to. I guess my biggest problem is that I need to know better how to interpret these "signs and symptoms". I'm sure this wisdom will come in time, and for now I'll use all your (and everyone else here's) wisdom. Thank God for advanced friends!! haha.

quote:

You see....things are almost never what they seem to be. While it now may seem as the Home calling is different from the desire to come home.....it isn't so. The "one" attracted is not different from the one calling. The Heart and the heart is the same.........literally

Very well said, thank you. I will take this deep to heart. The call to home is no different then the desire to get there. I like that. Thank you.

quote:

*laughing*......Carson. How exactly is it going to suck?...*laughing*.....In the science we are in....less is more, right? To self-pace does not mean it will take you longer to "get home".

Haha. What is going to suck is that I really enjoy my sitting time and to cut it shorter is going to make me sad. I know that less is more, but I am in no hurry as I said. I don't need to get home faster, I just need clarity I think. I thought I had it, but it doesn't seem as much so anymore.

quote:

How about meditating just 15 min. And just 5 min of Pranayama.

I guess I can go back to clock watching for a while, but I was really enjoying the freedom of letting things go as long as they needed to to "feel right".

quote:

You're fine, you know

That's what my wife keeps telling me!!! Haha, sorry, couldn't resist. I'm in a silly mood today. Way too happy for my own good.

Thank you for all your help Katrine(and all), it's appreciated more then I can express through words.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 05 2009 5:05:33 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2009 :  5:19:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Carson

quote:
Haha. What is going to suck is that I really enjoy my sitting time and to cut it shorter is going to make me sad. I know that less is more, but I am in no hurry as I said. I thought I had it, but it doesn't seem as much so anymore.

You don't need to reduce the sitting time, Carson. You can use the "freed time"....and just sit there. You know....like resting a bit longer. With eyes open.

quote:
I don't need to get home faster, I just need clarity I think.

*smiling*........yes.....see, to me....these are one and the same. Home is Clarity.

quote:
I thought I had it, but it doesn't seem as much so anymore

Noone has clarity. You are it.
Don't listen to the mind telling you otherwise

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're fine, you know
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's what my wife keeps telling me!!!

Very wise woman, your wife

Much love to you, Carson
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  01:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Katrine. You have been very helpful and I have taken all your advice to heart. I am going to pace a little extra and have forced the energy to go back through the ajna and down in this afternoons session but I still had the sucking feeling on my head despite it. May cut out SBP altogether for a few days and then try a short session again. Hope I didn't do too much damage. Thanks for all the advice, you are too sweet.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  08:40:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

quote:
I am going to pace a little extra and have forced the energy to go back through the ajna and down in this afternoons session

Just so that there is an understanding of a little less effort:
It may look like the energy pretty much does what it pleases. But - you look at the route you want it to take, right? It is helpful to not lable it "force it"....because all you do is really just follow the breath on the pathway with your attention. That's all. If some of the energy still ventures upwards, then so be it. Let it, and just keep looking along the suggested track.

All the power is in your look, Carson
Eventually - the energy will follow where you go.
Give it some time.

quote:
but I still had the sucking feeling on my head despite it.

Yes. This is normal. It will come and go.

quote:
May cut out SBP altogether for a few days and then try a short session again.

Wait a few days before cutting totally. You see - as explained in the links to the topics above - SBP is very good for balancing a premature crown opening too. And so - to cut it totally may not be the best choice. Even 1 minute of it can do a lot of balancing. You might also try a slight Sambhavi (Jims suggestion worked fine for me).

quote:
Hope I didn't do too much damage.

No harm done. You posted here, right? So the guru in you is trustworthy

I enjoy communing with you, Carson.
It is no trouble at all
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  10:09:27 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hello Katrine,

i had a premature crown chakra opening last year myself and i got it under control thx to yogani's and Richard's good advice.

i was wondering Katrine, after 3 years in ayp haven't you done any direct practice on the crown up till now?

and in case you haven't i suggest you do, cz even though i had a premature crown chakra as well and that was last year.

i kind of experiment with that area once in a while and it's actually active during my daily session with no overloading symptoms but still i do not give it too much thought.

all i'm saying is, it's okay to go up there once in a while in the end we have to go up up up up then get back down and melt in the heart...

light and love,

Ananda

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  10:43:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello again Katrine.
quote:

Just so that there is an understanding of a little less effort:
It may look like the energy pretty much does what it pleases. But - you look at the route you want it to take, right? It is helpful to not lable it "force it"....because all you do is really just follow the breath on the pathway with your attention. That's all. If some of the energy still ventures upwards, then so be it. Let it, and just keep looking along the suggested track.

Maybe I'm still not the best at spinal breathing pranayama, but this is not my experience yet at all. To me it feels as though my attention follows the energy not vice versa. That's why I feel like I am "forcing" the energy to go back in through the third eye...because if I just "follow" the spinal nerve I will quickly end up flowing down the nerve via the crown. Last evenings SBP session was a bit of a struggle trying to keep the energy away from the crown on the way down, and I tried very hard not to pay any attention to the corona radiata(I think that's what the crown nerves are called) even though it was still "lit up", but it was very much back to the "clunky" stage again. Hopefully things will smooth out more soon. This mornings meditation I did maybe 30 secs to 1 min of SBP and I didn't follow the nerve at all. I just did the breathing with no attention to anything except the breath. But this didn't seem to help much at all either, and in fact almost seemed to exacerbate things. After my session I found that I have a wierd stomache feeling almost like I drank too much coffee or like I may have to vomit in the near future. I'm a little confused I think. I had a crazy night at work last night and my energy doesn't feel very stable and I'm not 100% sure why. A schizophrenic fellow at the homeless shelter last night tried to kill me for asking him not to threaten other clients, we have had a scabies outbreak there as well and I had to shower and cover a man in medicated cream because he was too drunk to sit, let alone stand or shower himself, and I found several guys in the bathroom drinking (not even huffing) paint thinner. Usually I am able to diffuse just about any situtation at work, but last night I wasn't really feeling myself and today I feel even weirder. I feel scattered.

quote:

All the power is in your look, Carson
Eventually - the energy will follow where you go.
Give it some time.

I'm sure you are right Katrine, and I will try to give it time. I'm just such an impatient guy though.

quote:

Wait a few days before cutting totally. You see - as explained in the links to the topics above - SBP is very good for balancing a premature crown opening too. And so - to cut it totally may not be the best choice. Even 1 minute of it can do a lot of balancing. You might also try a slight Sambhavi (Jims suggestion worked fine for me).

I have been automatically doing full (as opposed to slight?) sambhavi, mula and uddiyanana bandha and Kechari stage 2.(which is also a pretty recent development since I recently started cutting the frenulum) I have not tried to stop these things from happening. Should I be? Should I only be using Sambhavi at this point? I know that when the mudras and bandhas became automatic that was when I was able to see the sushumna outside of my forehead and that is also when the "sucking" started (in both directions) so maybe I shouldn't be doing all these practices right now? I'm not sure.

I'm sorry if I sound as scattered as I feel, but I really don't feel like myself today at all. Hope you can understand. Maybe I just needed to get more sleep then I did last night I dunno.

Love,
Carson

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 06 2009 10:48:45 AM
Go to Top of Page

Richard

United Kingdom
857 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  11:35:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson seems like you might be running ahead of your self a bit if I were you and I had symptoms like that I would cut right back on everything.

Go back to the beginning and just do spinal breathing and med for a while if you still get symptoms like that even cut back on the time of spinal breathing and med.

have look at self pacing under key lessons on the left hand side of this page.

Hope this helps you

Edited by - Richard on Jan 06 2009 11:41:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  11:44:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

quote:
To me it feels as though my attention follows the energy not vice versa.

Yes, I understand.

quote:
Maybe I'm still not the best at spinal breathing pranayama, but this is not my experience yet at all

You are doing fine, Carson. After some time with AYP practises you begin to notice that your look is more than just attention (which is a mind quality). The awareness that is inner silence is also in it. You have already experienced this through your "The curse being that I notice things noone else even thinks of, and a lot of the stuff people are unconcious about used to drive me totally crazy" experiences. This is both a....challenge and a blessing. On one hand you are very sensitive, but on the other hand it is this that also allows for greater awareness. However - when there is energy imbalances, the awareness....which is what inner silence is...is less accesible. Hence your feeling of being scattered and "losing" clarity. Hence the feeling that your attention is drawn in spite of your wishes to the contrary.

The best way to restore the imbalance is to self-pace accordingly. I would suggest that you cut out all added practises right now. Stick with just a couple of minutes of pranayama and meditation for a while.

quote:
This mornings meditation I did maybe 30 secs to 1 min of SBP and I didn't follow the nerve at all.

This is is not spinal breathing pranayama :-)
It is important that you follow the spinal nerve. We want the energy to run along a safe track. Root to Ajna and back down again. Just in case you are doing this: Do not halt either at the Ajna or at the root....keep moving with the breath.

quote:
I had a crazy night at work last night and my energy doesn't feel very stable and I'm not 100% sure why

The ecstatic conductivity is racing a bit ahead of what your nervous system is capable of handling - hence the imbalance. Self-pacing will restore the balance. This will enable inner silence to smooth things out. For a few days, reduce your meditation time too.....to 10 min. The fact that you are active at work is very good. It is also very important that you do things that you simply enjoy....you know.....something unimportant and enjoyable.....Ground yourself with some "non spiritual" activities...if we can call it that:-) Anything fun or relaxing that doesn't remind you of "the journey".

quote:
Usually I am able to diffuse just about any situtation at work, but last night I wasn't really feeling myself and today I feel even weirder. I feel scattered.

This will pass, Carson. Just give yourself some slack. Behind the scatteredness you still are fine. It just seems otherwise right now. All this is purification, so everything that happens happens because of Grace. It is very good that Grace enables you to recognize energy overloads this way - befor it gets really serious. You will run into these situations again and again, and be wiser for it every time. Be aware that energy overloads have a tendency to "sneak up on you". That is - the effect of added practises will not be visible immediately. So if you add to many to fast .....boooom.....here we are in overload. Normaly many weeks, months and years even.... is needed before add ons. So keep that in mind - and give your body all the time it needs to adapt. This is Love and Peace :-) Be gentle with yourself, ok?

Basically - the whole message is to reduce, reduce and reduce practises until you get down to a level where things settle. Keep it there for some days, weeks. And then you can gradually add minutes. If you find that you have to stop Pranayama for a few days - then try that. I have tried this too, but always found that the energy imbalance got even worse from stopping it totally. Your experience may differ, so don't hesitate to try it out.

All the best, Carson.
PS. I have you in Samyama
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  12:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard and thank you for your advice.
quote:
Originally posted by Richard

Hi Carson seems like you might be running ahead of your self a bit if I were you and I had symptoms like that I would cut right back on everything.
Go back to the beginning and just do spinal breathing and med for a while if you still get symptoms like that even cut back on the time of spinal breathing and med.
have look at self pacing under key lessons on the left hand side of this page.

Believe it or not, I thought I WAS self pacing before! haha. When I first started AYP I took about 2 months to build up to using pretty much every practice we have available right now. Silly I know, but I was convinced I was what we call in the drug world, a "hard head", meaning it takes a whole lot more of something for me to get the same effects as everyone else. I did all the practices for about 2 months before it caught up with me and I was forced to self pace. At that time I dropped down to where my current level of practice is....10minutes of asanas, 10 minutes of SBP, and 20 minutes of DM. Oh and a little nauli kriya as well, I love that. I have been at this level, and pretty stable too, up until now. Never thought I would have to self pace even more!! So basically if I can reiterate what I think you are saying, you are saying that I should cut out all mudras and bandhas and stick with simple SBP and DM for a while until I re-stabalize?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  12:33:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Richard

We cross posted
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  12:39:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,
quote:

You are doing fine, Carson. After some time with AYP practises you begin to notice that your look is more than just attention (which is a mind quality). The awareness that is inner silence is also in it. You have already experienced this through your "The curse being that I notice things noone else even thinks of, and a lot of the stuff people are unconcious about used to drive me totally crazy" experiences. This is both a....challenge and a blessing. On one hand you are very sensitive, but on the other hand it is this that also allows for greater awareness. However - when there is energy imbalances, the awareness....which is what inner silence is...is less accesible. Hence your feeling of being scattered and "losing" clarity. Hence the feeling that your attention is drawn in spite of your wishes to the contrary.

Yes this makes perfect sense I guess. And I agree that being "hyper-aware" is both a blessing and a curse. For the beginning of my life I found it a blessing. For the middle of my life I found it a curse. Now I am trying to let the awareness just be what it is. Hence why I have stopped using a watch in meditation practices and have been letting the energy just do it's own thing. But I guess a little more control is warranted now. I'm sure sometime soon I will feel back to normal.

quote:

The best way to restore the imbalance is to self-pace accordingly. I would suggest that you cut out all added practises right now. Stick with just a couple of minutes of pranayama and meditation for a while.

This seems the most logical to me, but also the most difficult to impose I think. I love my practices and the silence I feel during them, and I hate the idea of going a week or something without much practicing. I just feel like that would make this "scattered" feeling even worse. The only way to know is to try though right?

quote:

This mornings meditation I did maybe 30 secs to 1 min of SBP and I didn't follow the nerve at all.

quote:

This is is not spinal breathing pranayama :-)
It is important that you follow the spinal nerve. We want the energy to run along a safe track. Root to Ajna and back down again. Just in case you are doing this: Do not halt either at the Ajna or at the root....keep moving with the breath.

Haha, yes Katrine I know. That was kinda the point. Haha. My idea for doing this was just to try and calm myself down, (I woke up very physically agitated today) so I could sit for a 10 minute meditation. And I am doing no kumbhaka in any way whatsoever. Yoni mudra was the first (well second, bastrika was the first I guess) practice I cut out because it (and bastrika) were pretty obviously causing my energy overload before. I am pretty careful to stay away from this for now. No chin pump, no yoni mudra kumbhaka. Not now anyways.

quote:

The ecstatic conductivity is racing a bit ahead of what your nervous system is capable of handling - hence the imbalance. Self-pacing will restore the balance. This will enable inner silence to smooth things out. For a few days, reduce your meditation time too.....to 10 min. The fact that you are active at work is very good. It is also very important that you do things that you simply enjoy....you know.....something unimportant and enjoyable.....Ground yourself with some "non spiritual" activities...if we can call it that:-) Anything fun or relaxing that doesn't remind you of "the journey".

This is hard for me. I enjoy my life and everything, but what I truly enjoy is my practice time, and going to work at the Drop In Centre. And everything reminds me of the journey. I am pretty much in constant self-inquiry I think and this makes it difficult not to analyze my thoughts and actions in relation to "the journey" all day long. And I really don't do anything for fun these days. I work from 7am to 10pm 4 days a week, and 7am to 3pm the other 3 days, and I host a meditation group on the 5th evening, go to a Buddhist study and meditation group on the 6th evening and usually do something like babysit my nephews or nieces on the 7th evening. I have created a schedule for myself that leaves very little spare time for anything but meditation and other yogic practices. I actually really like it this way. I don't feel lazy if I keep myself busy with things I feel are important. I hate feeling lazy or like there is something I should be doing but am not. Can you relate to this at all?

quote:

Basically - the whole message is to reduce, reduce and reduce practises until you get down to a level where things settle. Keep it there for some days, weeks. And then you can gradually add minutes. If you find that you have to stop Pranayama for a few days - then try that. I have tried this too, but always found that the energy imbalance got even worse from stopping it totally. Your experience may differ, so don't hesitate to try it out.

I will try my best, and will test out SBP to see if I can determine the proper length of time for the amount of purification I have happening. Again thank you for all your advice and for adding me to your samyama. I can't thank you enough.

Love,
Carson

P.S. The fact that I am not smoking pot right now may have something to do with how I am feeling as well.

Edited by - CarsonZi on Jan 06 2009 1:09:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  1:37:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

quote:
i was wondering Katrine, after 3 years in ayp haven't you done any direct practice on the crown up till now?

None.
The crown seems to open by proxy (of itself). Mine is both open and not so open....so I stay away from it. How open the crown is I cannot tell, and there is no sign inside that tells me that I have to know this. Because of the ecstatic surges I experience many times a day and night, I never focus on the crown. It takes care of itself. The energy column reaches beyond the body now.....and although energy can sometimes seem to be "stuck" in the crown area....it is enough to be still and stay as the presence in the room/space. I am both inside and outside the body......as the presence that is both inside and outside. The stuck energy doesn't matter then....and somehow just this very....."not minding"..... often dissolves the "block"...and the energy flows out of itself.

quote:
and in case you haven't i suggest you do, cz even though i had a premature crown chakra as well and that was last year.

Yes...I remember. I am glad you recovered so well, Ananda :-)

quote:
i kind of experiment with that area once in a while and it's actually active during my daily session with no overloading symptoms but still i do not give it too much thought.

I think it's great that you know it is being worked on, and very wise to not give it too much thought. Then again - we are all different, for you....it might be ok to "check it out" once in a while. Yogani says so too - but this is regarding late stages of the opening. Just continue to be cautious....like you already are, Ananda :-)

quote:
all i'm saying is, it's okay to go up there once in a while in the end we have to go up up up up then get back down and melt in the heart...

Well.....my experience is that....I am staying right where I am...I am not going anywhere in particular.....and yet I am also "outside"....and also "inside" of all that is "outside". And the surges continue to go up up up and come back down and land in heart.....and from there it spreads outwards into the room/space. It is a circle......so as such it is also as if nothing is moving.....

And all of this....is happening.....and not-happening....inside myself.
I certainly can't explain it Ananda.

I still experience slight aching at the start of the fork in the middle of the head.....and sometimes at the bindu in the back of the head. The forehead is an open V - and can also be aching - and there is energy pouring out of the Ajna....There is ecstatic breath....and this breath is also coming out of the eyes..... There is never aching in the crown area.

So I guess I'll just stay where I am.....

Thanks for your caring suggestions

Love to you yoo.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  1:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

There is ecstatic breath....and this breath is also coming out of the eyes

Wierd. This line struck me really hard. I think marijuana kills the "eye" energy, or the free flow of breath through the eyes. Now that I have a little experience with my energy without marijuana, I have noticed (now that you mention something about it) that my eyes felt really different, more "airy" or light or something. And I read this line after going and smoking one hit (my first of the day) and I can really feel the difference now that you mention it, in the eyes. Odd. It's hard to explain the feeling, and I know this is off topic, but I opened the thread so I don't have to feel bad about hijacking it! haha. Just wanted to mention this.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  2:27:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

quote:
This is hard for me. I enjoy my life and everything, but what I truly enjoy is my practice time, and going to work at the Drop In Centre. And everything reminds me of the journey

Yes
Hmmm.........where have I heard this before.....? I totally sympathize, Carson :-) I have always been like this....
Yet....the rules of the science of Life.....is what it is. And balance is absolutely crucial.

quote:
I am pretty much in constant self-inquiry I think and this makes it difficult not to analyze my thoughts and actions in relation to "the journey" all day long

It might help you to remember that self-inquiry....done the AYP way....is not a mind activity. It is not about analyzing. Remember the "non-relational" and the "relational" self-inquiry from Yoganis Self-Inquiry book? Have you read it? It is such a brilliant book...
Anyway...I fully understand the tendency to analyze. Just be aware that it is not necessary to constantly "judge" how we are doing.....it keeps you stuck in mind.....while the important thing is to practise wisely and enjoy life. The rest takes care of itself.

quote:
I don't feel lazy if I keep myself busy with things I feel are important. I hate feeling lazy or like there is something I should be doing but am not. Can you relate to this at all?

I think we all can, Carson. If you feel lazy.....you feel unworthy, somehow? And there is guilt coming up for "not doing what you should do"?

All these...and many more....are conditioned reactions. They are imposed on us from "outside". However - it is your Self that you want to know, right? Well....your Self is discovered through being still. Being quiet inside. And on our "way" here.....the conditioned reactions will be met and seen....faced....and in the understanding of the "falseness" of them...they will drop of themselves. One after the other. This is the purification enabled by the practise we are doing here. It is not something we do. But neither can we "not-do" it. So...at some point.....facing these feelings of laziness and guilt....and experiement with not reacting to them in conditioned ways will first unveil the falseness that says the conditioning is the truth (and this is uncomfortable). But - if we continue to stay present and still.....the love and peace of the space that these conditioned responses occupied will shine through. As joy and contentment.

quote:
P.S. The fact that I am not smoking pot right now may have something to do with how I am feeling as well.

I am sorry I didn't anticipate this.....that you would try to stop smoking on your own....Carson......go easy on yourself, ok? You can't do it all in one blow .......

Concentrate on the self-pacing....and drop all the rest.

Good luck.

And keep enjoying
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  3:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine,
quote:

Hmmm.........where have I heard this before.....? I totally sympathize, Carson :-) I have always been like this....
Yet....the rules of the science of Life.....is what it is. And balance is absolutely crucial.

Yes, you are right as usual. I know that balance is crucial, sometimes I just forget. Or don't realize I am going to be out of balance soon if I'm not careful, until it is too late. I'm sure I will get better in time at noticing more in advance that I am headed for energy troubles. Thank you for the reminder. Sometimes we all need to be reminded of what we already know.

quote:

It might help you to remember that self-inquiry....done the AYP way....is not a mind activity. It is not about analyzing. Remember the "non-relational" and the "relational" self-inquiry from Yoganis Self-Inquiry book? Have you read it? It is such a brilliant book...
Anyway...I fully understand the tendency to analyze. Just be aware that it is not necessary to constantly "judge" how we are doing.....it keeps you stuck in mind.....while the important thing is to practise wisely and enjoy life. The rest takes care of itself.

Yes I realize my version of "self inquiry" or what I am calling self inquiry in this instance is not AYP Self Inquiry. I do have the AYP book now, but I am still focussing on the Real Love book before I finish the rest of the AYP SI book. I will get back to it soon though. FYI, I am quite familiar with Adyanshanti's verion of SI too. But what I am doing in daily life is basically "narrating" my life as I go, and watching for patterns of thought and action that are unconscious. And then inquiring as to why these are in place and what they are actually doing to or for my life. I am a pretty intense person by all accounts and this has always been a big part of it. I used to have really high standards for anyone I cared for in my life because I felt that this was justified since the standards I set for myself were ten times higher. I now realize how unfair and cruel I was to everyone around me and I have done my best to make ammends, but I still have this tendency to scrutinize everything about myself and yes, I am a bit of a harsh judge sometimes. Shanti has been pointing the same things you are saying out to me in private emails and I am trying to take this to heart.

quote:

If you feel lazy.....you feel unworthy, somehow? And there is guilt coming up for "not doing what you should do"?

Yes this is exactly what I was beginning to explain above. I am hard on myself. Too hard I am learning. But this is a hard habit to break because I have done so much in my life to feel unworthy for. It is hard to just forgive yourself when you have hurt so many people. "Do I really deserve to be forgiven?" is the question I can't seem to answer. Or I can answer but can't come to grips with said answer. This is where the Grace of God comes in and this is a big part of the "opening" I am having right now. Only recently do I feel like I understand your "The Longing" thread. Recently I had an absolutely terrible day. Terrible by all perspectives. But it was probably the happiest day of my life as well. None of the crap that happened to me got to me. As I lay in bed that night, crying my eyes out, feeling so overwhelmed with desire to be a better person and to actually deserve the love and grace God was giving me, I think my bhakti increased about 1,000 times. The Longing, the Love, and the Grace are all very connected for me right now.

quote:

All these...and many more....are conditioned reactions. They are imposed on us from "outside". However - it is your Self that you want to know, right? Well....your Self is discovered through being still. Being quiet inside. And on our "way" here.....the conditioned reactions will be met and seen....faced....and in the understanding of the "falseness" of them...they will drop of themselves. One after the other. This is the purification enabled by the practise we are doing here. It is not something we do. But neither can we "not-do" it. So...at some point.....facing these feelings of laziness and guilt....and experiement with not reacting to them in conditioned ways will first unveil the falseness that says the conditioning is the truth (and this is uncomfortable). But - if we continue to stay present and still.....the love and peace of the space that these conditioned responses occupied will shine through. As joy and contentment.

Are you sure you and Shanti aren't the same person posting under different names like x.j. suggested in a thread not so long ago? Haha, just kidding. But seriously, you are saying to me exactly what Shanti is saying to me in her emails. I guess there must be something to what you guys are talking about eh? Haha. Shanti put it this way..."God with conditioning is man, man without conditioning is God." I think she said that was a quote from someone else, but I can't remember who she said said it, so I can't put a reference. Sorry. But I understand what the two of you are saying in my mind, I just need to lower that understanding to my heart now. Working on it.

quote:

quote:

I am sorry I didn't anticipate this.....that you would try to stop smoking on your own....Carson......go easy on yourself, ok? You can't do it all in one blow .......

Please don't say sorry to me for anything, let alone not konwing in advance what I am going to do!! I know you are "God" (intimately connected with) and everything, but I really don't expect you to know such things. I am trying to quit right now for several reasons.
1.It is my New Years resolution to be completely done smoking pot by January 31rst 09.
2.I am recieving Shaktipat Diksha on February 8th 09 and I was really hoping to be fully clean from weed for at least a week at that point.
3.I am just about out of ganga and have been stalling going to buy more, and hoping I can get away with NOT buying more, so I am conserving what little I do have left and smoking it only when I can't take it anymore.
You could not have known this so please don't apologize. It is my choice, and I hope I am making the right one. It may be a tough next week or so, but I think I will manage. If I can't I will bite the bullet and go get some more one more time. Thank you again for all your insightful responses, I can feel you shining from here!!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  3:55:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Carson

Shanti is great, isn't she :-) We are very blessed to have her with us here

quote:
Please don't say sorry to me for anything, let alone not konwing in advance what I am going to do!!

Touché, Carson
See - getting a-head of myself too, I am *S*

quote:
I know you are "God" (intimately connected with) and everything, but I really don't expect you to know such things

We are all intimately connected with each other......and that is God (thank God )

I wish you all the best of luck concerning the New Year resolution!

Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2009 :  6:11:25 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi Katrine,

believe it or not i understand what you mean there's no need to explain it. "the old divine paradox ;)"

i'm very sorry to hear about the ache you're going through in these areas, and i understand your concerns on taking things slow just letting what is take care of itself.

speaking for myself i rarely have aches on the third eye and the v is there, the bindu is ecstatic and further down between it and the neck i experience sort of a powerful ecstatic conductivity especially in that spot from time to time.

concerning the crown, i know why you are concerned when the burning comes it's hell broken loose.

by the way i've read somewhere b4 not a long time ago that you are thinking about achieving ketchari and that actually got me thinking.

if you are already finding the ecstatic conductivity as too much sometimes plus the third eye is already overwhelmed and sometimes it aches... would it be safe for someone like you who is very sensitive to practices and who is at a very high level of their spiritual evolution\deevolution achieve ketchari.

cz when ketchari is achieved then it's ecstatic conductivity at hand and the third eye is more active than ever simply put everything becomes much more and more and more... i think you might become a fully purified being in a mont or so then ;)

i think you should ask yogani's opinion on this matter, would ketchari be a regulator for a sensitive practitioner like yourself or would it lead to Overloading symptoms or toward "Enlightenment"?!

wish you all the best on your path, and thk you for lighting up the way for guys like me and for all the love you are sharing with us.

by the way it's a blessing to have someone like yourself here as well, before i found this site i was planning on going to india and saving money for it and it was all in hope of meeting people like yourself , Shanti, Christy and Yogani and many of the other beautiful souls who are in the forums.

guess i have to thank yogani for that, he saved me a fortune.

and trust me your writings do help a lot ;), and this internet community will have a great future there is something which is a lot more than what meets the eyes in the works arround here.

take my case for example, i feel like i was pulled here like it was ment to be and a lot of stuff which happened b4 i got here and popped the crown chakra question on these forums do make me believe in that fact more in more like the right reply came from yogani before it came from others even though i got replies from others but they never made it until later on and i didn't meet or find good reliable yogic teachers in my part of the world until later on. (all the people i met b4 encouraged me and concidered me as an enlightened when they heard the crown story at 1st lolzzzz)

woufff i've written a lot, my sister is calling me for a chocolate coco with her.

gtg warmest regards,

Ananda
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2009 :  3:02:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Ananda

Thank you so much for all your kind and encouraging words
I am very glad you found AYP and Yogani. I couldn't afford going to India either.....but so much of Indias spiritual heritage is here with us anyway......and we are doing fine helping each other on the basis of all of Yoganis work. We are truly blessed

quote:
i'm very sorry to hear about the ache you're going through in these areas,

Don't be sorry, Ananda - I am not
I don't mind it. It will pass eventually.

quote:
by the way i've read somewhere b4 not a long time ago that you are thinking about achieving ketchari and that actually got me thinking.

Thanks for your concern.
Well.....actually what happened was that I found myself getting straight up from meditation....walking into the bathroom.....and before I knew it I had snipped. And I have snipped every Sunday since this (it must have been in....October sometime). But not once have I thought of "achieving kechari". I just snip...and strecth for a few days...that's all. I do not raise the tounge to the palate during meditation. There are no inner signs that tell me to do this. So I don't. But.....if the day ever comes when the tounge wants to venture on its own......well....since I have already snipped and streched....then I guess there will be a faster process when/if it is time. Inner silence ordered the snipping....so I don't have to think about it :-) You are absolutely right about the sensitivity and tendency to overload....it is a good point you are raising. So yes, I'll be careful, thanks Ananda :-)

quote:
and this internet community will have a great future there is something which is a lot more than what meets the eyes in the works arround here.

Yes - it's wonderful, isn't it
I too am very, very happy that I am here.

quote:
woufff i've written a lot, my sister is calling me for a chocolate coco with her.

I hope you enjoyed your chocolate coco
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.14 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000