New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  04:43:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all

Lately there is a change in how I perceive the energy working in my head. I can no longer say that the energy is working in the different chakras... It is as if the Ajna, the crown and the area in the back of my head is one big chakra. They are not separate at all.. . This reminds me of how I used to perceive the lower chakras as "distinct, separated areas" – while as now it is all one, glowing spine. The ecstatic conductivity is at times very intense in my neck too. It is obvious that there has been a major block there. Now that it is being cleared, it allows for even more energy upwards. Hence my problems with self-pacing lately. I am wondering....I perceive "lines" to go from the Ajna up my forehead to the fontanel on top of my head (you know, the area in a child that closes by the age of app. one year). Are these nerves? Or energy channels? (Both?)

It is interesting to observe that I can now clearly perceive the activity of the Ajna to also be activity in the crown. Much like I started to perceive the root chakra and the Ajna as one chakra a while back. This activity in the crown is not bothersome or painful. I don’t focus on it, however. I don’t have to – things go on up there of its own accord.

Sometimes during the day (especially now, just a few days prior to my period) however, I will have huge surges of energy going straight up to the crown. It is accompanied with an "ache" in the fork in the middle of the head and....not pressure, but more like "being right under a vacuumer"....a huge "drawing up". This experience always alerts me. No matter how much I feel like "leaving" through the hole – I instead do a "slight sambahvi" (Just like Jim told me to, in the post "Drunk with ecstacy"). This redirects at least part of the energy to the Ajna. It works. I am still here.

May all your Nows be Here

Neesha

215 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  08:44:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

Hi all

Lately there is a change in how I perceive the energy working in my head. ... It is as if the Ajna, the crown and the area in the back of my head is one big chakra.

Hi Katrine,

Thanks for sharing this info.....I feel the energies in head also...sort of like a sinusoidial wave.....You make me feel so close to home ....you wouldn't believe how happy I am today

Yeah it is progammed to work on its own .I experience the same sort of pressure before a menstrual period also....Actually the healing that goes on in the ashram are stronger...during this time.....

Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  10:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Katrine

It is as if the Ajna, the crown and the area in the back of my head is one big chakra. They are not separate at all...

Hi Katrine,

Thank you for sharing this. I experience a very similar thing, and I suspect that it's common. First in the morning the sensations are fairly faint until I have done my practice, then they increase over the day so there is a fairly strong sensation in the ajna and crown and some pulsations as well, even though there are only some occasional light currents in the spine. During spinal breathing I go to the ajna, but when I go that path in the head it seems like it's impossible not to stimulate the crown as well (which responds almost as strongly as the ajna). Often the whole area seems like one as you describe. It feels like a bulge in the forehead, like a Klingon has, and sometimes I wonder if people notice it, but when I look in the mirror it's fortunately not visible.

Edited by - weaver on May 08 2006 11:40:43 AM
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  12:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Weaver

Thanks for sharing your part. I wonder....what on earth is a "Klingon has"??

Also.....do you feel the energy to be ecstatic?

Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  12:46:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine,
Klingons are a race of humanoids in the fictional Star Trek universe.
Look here for more info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  1:08:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine,

Yes, when there is energy in the lower part of the body and the lower area of the spine, it's somewhat ecstatic, with some sexual undertones, but so far only a slight amount has started to develop there. The main concentration of energy is in the head which is so far just sensation and pulsations.
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  2:24:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
It is as if the Ajna, the crown and the area in the back of my head is one big chakra. They are not separate at all...

I was a little worried about this posting. At first, I thought that it was cutting against Yogani's dire warnings about going anywhere near the crown in one's thinking/doing/practicing....i.e. his "leave it alone!" injunction. Then I realized this is actually the (much) later phase stuff Yogani writes about. So Katrine is not "wrong" (insofar as a dopey word like "wrong" can apply to any of this!).

BUT....my reason for concern remain, in terms of those reading along. It's my suggestion that those who are not in the latter stages of this practice (including me and anyone else who doesn't have oceans of creamy silence, awakened kundalini, etc), not pick up on this. Please reread Yogani's injunctions about involving the crown in all this.

Katrine's chosen to work very fast, and, according to her postings, she's suffering the classic consequences (pitta overload, energy imbalance, crown discomfort, skin stuff, feeling of over-intoxication). Plus, she came in here at a pretty good level of purification (20 years of meditation) to begin with.

If you're at her point AND willing to risk consequences, that's a choice that can be made. The rest of us ought to stay away from the crown. Read the lessons to see a cogent explanation of why premature crown opening is responsibile for the kundalini horror stories one hears.

I'm in a pretty big hurry (and I'm having minor side effects, as well). And my kundalini's awake (well, receded for the moment, thanks, but I'll tell it you sent your regards). And my silence is pretty good. And I had decades of practices. And I'm not going NEAR the crown.

Ok, end of warning :)
Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  3:29:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,

Your warning about not deliberately going near the crown is very important and well expressed. But it seems that there is not much one can do when the crown gets stimulated indirectly by the regular spinal breathing practice and then starts tingling and pulsating. Do you experience this too?
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  3:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't think about it. I don't "go there." I establish a pathway to ajna, and whatever else happens is out of my control and I don't think about it (that's my simpleminded approach, and it's the ONLY part of my practice where I take Yogani as daddy guru and blindly follow his injunction).

This is a big reason for why we do pranayama........to create a nice established channel from root to ajna, and ajna to root. Crown stuff is incidental. Don't think about it, focus on it, visualize it. Just stengthen and coax and "burn in" that root to ajna connection and let come what may. Ajna's the control, and if you play to the control, there's no danger at the crown.

If you start getting all bubbly at the crown, just do a nice sambavi and reestablish that connection. And trust that the crown is being indirectly nourished. Again, I take that on faith.

Go to Top of Page

weaver

832 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  4:03:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Jim, this is good advice.
Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - May 08 2006 :  5:27:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine. There is a diagram of the intricate crown to ajna energy lines and etc. with commentary in one of the books in the library at www.yoganiketan.net. I think it may be in the first volume of the Pranab Gita, but I'm not sure. The books in the library are on Adobe. For some frustrating reason when I try to open one today to see which book it is in my computer freezes. There's lots of good reading there, especially for higher level experiences like what you appear to be having. Have fun, Love alan
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  03:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim
You wrote:

quote:
BUT....my reason for concern remain, in terms of those reading along. It's my suggestion that those who are not in the latter stages of this practice (including me and anyone else who doesn't have oceans of creamy silence, awakened kundalini, etc), not pick up on this. Please reread Yogani's injunctions about involving the crown in all this

I am sorry if I have created confusion. This is the last thing I want! If you can misunderstand my post, then so can anyone else - I take that to heart

So. First of all; thank you for responding the way you do.
Let me clarify my post:

You wrote:
quote:
Katrine's chosen to work very fast, and, according to her postings, she's suffering the classic consequences (pitta overload, energy imbalance, crown discomfort, skin stuff, feeling of over-intoxication). Plus, she came in here at a pretty good level of purification (20 years of meditation) to begin with.

Actually - I have not chosen to work fast; no more than I chose to have cancer 10 years ago. The consequences I suffer is not my "doing". It is important you understand this, Jim. What I am faced with, is a strong Kundalini that seems to have its own will. I self-pace the best way I can.

As for the crown:

You wrote:
quote:
I don't think about it. I don't "go there." I establish a pathway to ajna, and whatever else happens is out of my control and I don't think about it

I don't think about either. I don't "go there" either. I also establish a pathway to Ajna. And yes - whatever else happens is out of my control and I don't think about it. However - I see what I see. Thinking and seeing are two different things. I cannot help what I see. I cannot "close an eye that does not have an eyelid". I have tried to force control - to "not look". It gets worse.

It is also a fact that stopping meditation all together (when I
self pace I do 5 min twice a day - with 2 min of Pranayama) makes the surges to the crown happen more often. It seems that a tiny bit of Pranayama, and a little bit of meditation is necessary in order for me to not crash. I would be thankful if Yogani would say something about this.....

You wrote:
quote:
If you start getting all bubbly at the crown, just do a nice sambavi and reestablish that connection. And trust that the crown is being indirectly nourished. Again, I take that on faith.

I do to. This is exactly my approach. Yet - our experiences differ.

quote:
If you're at her point AND willing to risk consequences, that's a choice that can be made

Truthfully - I have never evaluated "where my point is". I have no idea of being "advanced". I find myself in a constant "buzz" - and I do my best to get through it. According to AYP - this can happen.

To sum up:
I don't do crown work. I go the slowest I can. This post was not at all ment as "how to experiement with the crown". I can see how it could look that way, though, and I am very sorry for the confusion I created.

Thanks to Jim; I hope it is now clarified.

Got to go....

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  05:24:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Shanti, Weaver and Alan

Thank you

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  06:02:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello Nsantoo

quote:
Thanks for sharing this info.....I feel the energies in head also...sort of like a sinusoidial wave.....You make me feel so close to home ....you wouldn't believe how happy I am today

I am happy for you

Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  07:31:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Katrine; hoping all is going well with you.
I found the diagram I was refering to at the above mentioned site. It is in the Pranab Gita volume 2, the translation is under progress. Love to you, alan
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  10:31:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine:

Clearly, something in you wants to move on, and your job has become to manage it for comfort and safety. If I understand correctly, your illness 10 years ago was an opening where it all took off. Life crises are prominent causes of spiritual progress. Indeed, that is what they can be for, if we open and let them. It seems you are finding a balance in it, and if the light practices are helping, then that is all the proof you need. Self-pacing it you are...

Obviously, we can't go around struggling to ignore our experiences. On the other hand, we can favor balancing practices. I suggest if the energy is going too fast, then that is a good time to "carry water and chop wood" -- in addition to the light sitting practices, getting involved in the everyday things that can help ground us. I think you are. These can vary from digging holes in the garden to engaging fully in service for the benefit of others. The divine energy knows what it needs to be fulfilled at any given time. We are but a channel for that ... self-pacing evolves to become accommodating the expression of the divine flow through us in every moment.

As for whether you are "trying" to do all this or not. Well, you remind me of our middle son, who, when little (he's 29 now), we might catch with chocolate all over his face and find the lid off the chocolate cookie jar in the kitchen. His response to an inquiry on that? "I didn't do it!"

The truth of the matter is that if we chase spiritual transformation long enough (lifetimes!), we will wake up one lifetime and find it chasing us.

We didn't do it! But the chocolate never lies, you know. Ask John Wilder. He'll tell you. It is cause and effect ... enjoy the ride!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  11:25:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alan

Thanks!

Love to you too

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  11:35:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani

quote:
As for whether you are "trying" to do all this or not. Well, you remind me of our middle son, who, when little (he's 29 now), we might catch with chocolate all over his face and find the lid off the chocolate cookie jar in the kitchen. His response to an inquiry on that? "I didn't do it!"

*laughing*

Yogani....
You know.....I think he really ment it. Your son.
*still laughing*

Oh well.
I guess I will have to surrender to the fact that at some point...."superconsciously"....or "unconsciously"; I do want it.
As I also must have brought the cancer along. (Yes....this was the start of it all).

The fact remains, however: I do the best I can.

This whole setting coincides with another big issue in my life. I cannot anounce it here because it involves other people. But I made a resolution today. I understood something. Really understood it. My resolution was to integrate the understanding. This is the last block. There is only one way to go: Through it. In depth and direction.

Yogani...
Thank you

Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  11:38:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more thing:

quote:
Ask John Wilder. He'll tell you

I just did.
He did tell me.
And not for the first time...

Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  12:15:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Katrine,
My postings weren't speaking to you, but to curious onlookers (and all of us are curious here) who might choose to start moving in these directions. There is a very VERY fine line (perhaps no line at all) between intentional and automatic processes (per Yogani's cookie jar story).

As for not being able to help it, you have more than once started discusssions asking for suggestions for slowing down. I've detected a certain amount of ambivalence...haven't been entirely sure you truly wanted to slow down. I may be wrong on that. And maybe you shouldn't slow down. Only you and your inner guru know for sure! But the rest of us need to not go near crown. Not think about it. Not subconsciously launch, on the basis of your reports, what might be taken for automatic processes. That's my concern. And someone had to play the part of the loyal opposition here, to make sure people understood the danger.

If you are concerned and truly want to pull back, I've given my best advice already in a couple of threads with you. If I think of anything else, I'll chime in. I wish you the best!

Edited by - Jim and His Karma on May 09 2006 12:59:45 PM
Go to Top of Page

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  1:14:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I just noticed this, posted by you in March:

quote:
I decided to include Samyama at the end of my practises. I think it will help my energy flow. I only use one of the prayers, though: Love.

We're all on our own sadhanas, of course, and what's "right" for one person may not be for another. But I'd imagine that this samyama modification could drive things out of balance (samyama, done the AYP way, is superbly balancing, but it requires working on a wide range of terms that impact in a wide range of ways) and lead to a conviction of futility re: self-pacing controls. Just a thought, fwiw.
Go to Top of Page

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  3:15:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim,

You're points in regards to the crown are well taken, but I don't believe we are doing people any long term good if we perpetuate fear about the crown either.

It is inevitable that somewhere along the way in our practices, activity will take place at the crown, this has been the case for me off and on since day 1 of my kundalini becoming active, it simply happens by itself. I don't fear it, it just does its thing.

I don't see where Katrine writes that she is deliberately trying to open her crown chakra. I see it as her reporting on activity that is taking place there, her curiosity about it and her reassurances that she is doing the correct things to avoid energy imbalances by not focussing on it. I personally think that it is a good learning experience for all of us to hear her accounts of the openings in her head and hope that she continues to be so generous about sharing her experiences.

A

Go to Top of Page

alan

USA
235 Posts

Posted - May 09 2006 :  3:46:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit alan's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, please continue to be gracious Katrine by sharing your journey with us! It is exciting and inspiring...signposts for each of our Here and Now
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  04:56:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jim, Anthem and Alan

Thanks for being supportive.

Posting this Topic has taught me a lot - on many levels.

I am not perfect - so, with future posts, most certainly there will be ambivalence. I am still not whole. There are still inner conflicts. They will shine through.

It is good to know that I can come here and communicate.

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - May 10 2006 :  10:42:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Katrine:

It goes without saying that inner silence enables us to weather the vast energy movements that can happen in us on our path of purification and opening. With inner silence, we can just watch and know deep within ourselves that this is part of the process. Our witness never moves, does it? no matter how much ecstatic energy is moving. Nevermind that inner silence is a primary cause of such energy movments also. Stillness in action!

This is why deep meditation is first in AYP, for both progress and protection. This is also why it is not a good idea to begin with "energy work" when starting out on our path. If all of this energy stuff is happening without some degree of the witness, a whole lot of catching up with inner silence will be necessary, working from a disadvantage. And that is assuming we even know how to cultivate inner silence. Quite a few have come to AYP with energy issues over the past few years, not knowing how to cultivate inner silence and the witness, or about the basics of managing kundalini excesses. Most have been helped.

Katrine, in case you did not read it between the lines of my last note, your experiences are very beautiful, and you are right on (cautions included - thank you, Jim). It is not always easy for highly driven yoginis and yogis (yes, you are one at the deepest level), but the payoff will be there. It just takes time and prudent pacing in practices and daily living.

So many here are doing so well, and I am very impressed. It is not only a few. It is all of you, managing your own purification and opening with a little help from the AYP writings and each other. Imagine where we all will be in a decade. Lots of sages running around, I bet. Lots of horizontal sharing, with more and more people around the world finding their path. I hope I live to see it.

Bring on the butterflies!

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

Katrine

Norway
1813 Posts

Posted - May 11 2006 :  03:08:56 AM  Show Profile  Visit Katrine's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani

quote:
Katrine, in case you did not read it between the lines of my last note, your experiences are very beautiful, and you are right on (cautions included - thank you, Jim).

Your kindness and support are always visible between the lines, Yogani. No worries!

quote:
It is not always easy for highly driven yoginis and yogis (yes, you are one at the deepest level), but the payoff will be there.

You know; I am so thankful to Life for being what it is. Even if it is not easy; it is a daily payoff to be able to move continually deeper into the mystery of Being. I simply know - in my heart - that I have nothing to worry about. I simply listen and move. Some issues take years; others resolve quickly. Today is a good day - my vision is clear. To morrow might be different; but when I am "muddeled", at least I know that this is a passing thing. As everything else in life. And - as you point out - at the deepest level I am unchangeable.

quote:
It just takes time and prudent pacing in practices and daily living.

Yes. And thank God for AYP and Yogani for being such a great and easily available source of support in this venture!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000