AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 meditation induced tinnitus and the om sound
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  8:00:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
hello everyone, i've been reading divineis post about the sound of nothing and well i'm not a musician but a certain wondering came over my head.

1st i've got a meditation induced tinitus and it's been with me for about 4 to 6 motnhs or so.

2nd i've been going through the experience of seeing and being in the presence of light and only light but the weird thing is sometimes it's like smthg universal and sometimes it's different than the others.

but to be more exact it happens when i am in deep meditation and practicing kechari mudra and then suddenly it's just light taking over everything and it seems like the basis of it all is the third eye.

most importatntly and concerning why i'm posting this is that the induced tinnitus sound differs and it gets kind of deeper or wider smthg like that when i get into deep states of conciousness while meditating.

and the sounds seems very familiar to the om sound but it's not an om sound but it's that buzz that i know a lot of u have heard but it's in a deeper or clearer kind of way.

so what i'm wondering is that i've read how when one is in the state of samadhi hears the sound of om and well i wondered if it's this same tinnitus i've been hearing and people just gave it some fancy name.

and another wondering to the wondering that i'm wondering lolz is this experience of seeing that light some state of samadhi or smthg?

cz it's actually cool but it doesn't seem to hit the exact spot; and don't worry about me i'm all against attachment to scenaries and so on and i focus on the practice most importantly.

and as divineis puts it we are already free and enlightened haha this guy cracks me up but i don't mean to be offencise or anything i just like ur posts divineis and ur methodology in answering well it brings laughter and easiness to my heart so keep on the good work.

that's just about it and i would like to hear your opinions on this matter.

Kind regards

Ananda

scottfitzgerald

USA
65 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  08:44:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have been wondering about the "eeee" noise lately as well, so glad you brought it up.

For me the mantra has taken on a non-linear feel, meaning the words don't always come out in order, and actually, they are truly just sounds at this point, but they are all going off at the same time, in sort of a "round," like the old row your boat... My feeling is the "Shree" and "Om" are both "Om," just vibrating at different frequencies. I can almost feel a bubble of sound where the low om melts into the higher shree as you move up the surface of the bubble--except the bubble is solid at the same time--hard to explain.

The "I am" part seems to fill in the mid-range, and the "namah" is the devotional pump that circulates it all. The namah has both a build and release feel to it.

So to bring it home again, the shree and om are usually both going on at the same time, the I am goes for a while and then an energetic sigh almost with the namah.

It's hard not to notice this while in meditation, however I do my best. :) I do always go back and just listen to the mantra.

Sound like familiar territory to anyone?

Big love

SF

Edited by - scottfitzgerald on May 15 2008 08:46:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

Ananda

3115 Posts

Posted - May 20 2008 :  04:46:48 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ananda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thk you for dropping by my brother and concerning what you're experiencing well i'm still using the iam mantra alone so hoping that som1 else will can relate to what you're going through.

Namaste

Ananda
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000