Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Chidakasha and tratak
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - May 22 2008 :  06:28:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Does chidakasha ( meditation on the dark screen you see when you close your eyes and the mental space within your head) and tratak ( gazing on a flame (or other object) and afterwards gazing internaly on the reflection on chidakasha of the flame once you close your eyes, fit well with AYP. It seems to me like it should because it just builds concentration and awareness and does not move energy in particualr ways. I\m very attracted to these practices and like developing my visualization abilities.

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  09:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi markern,
Welcome to the forum.

Trataka is one of the shatkarma techniques. You can read more about it in Yogani's Diet, Shatkarmas and Amaroli - Yogic Nutrition & Cleansing for Health and Spirit book. It is also covered in the FAQs: Trataka.
It is a wonderful tool to help loosen the grip of the external vision focus. OK, not sure if that was proper English.. but then some things are hard to explain. When you practice Trakata, after a while your eyes will relax and the focus on an object will soften. It then gives you a feeling of the object arising form you and you see the object in 3D.. the space around suddenly has depth.. It is an amazing practice.
Now, I have not done the chidakasha, nor have I (during trakata) taken the object with me into chidakasha. But that is a wonderful practice too. Just make sure, the image that comes up in your internal vision, comes up naturally and it is not your mind that is making this image.. nor are you forcing to keep the image in your internal vision... because then it becomes imagination... and that is a difficult habit to break. Also imagination binds you.. because imagination is a mind game.. and later when you start seeing visions/images naturally, your mind will dismiss them as imagination since it does not match up with what it thinks the image should be.
As for doing it in conjunction with AYP. Yes, you can practice it with AYP, but not during spinal breathing and meditation. You can do a few mins of it before or after or any other time during the day. And again, as with any new practice, start slowly, maybe a few mins a day and then slowly increase the time you spend on this practice. Self Pace.
Wish you all the best.

Go to Top of Page

markern

Norway
171 Posts

Posted - May 24 2008 :  11:47:29 AM  Show Profile  Visit markern's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Shanti
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000