AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Purification of the nadis
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

dstein

2 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  3:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit dstein's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all

I have some questions on the underlying process of meditation and enlightenment journey. I have been meditating now for a few years doing deep meditation and also some samyama. I have noticed that the most pertinent factor so far as has been constant purification, that has sometimes been quite intense.

I read recently an article, talking about the nadis which are the subtle channels in the nervous system. He was saying that ultimately the nadis need to be purified of the karmic stuff (limiting beliefs and other unresolved issues) and that this is one of the main things happening in meditation.

I have found that these blockages are released in meditation and often one cam feel various sensations the most common one that I have are jolts to the body, or the body moving in an automatic way> these things have been covered in the lessons.

My questions are:
1. Is it purification (of the nadis) what gives rise to enlightenment and witnessing?

2. If so, then basically anything that helps to purify the nadis or channels is helpful to enlightenment?

I would also add that meditation also has the effect of creating whole brain functioning, whereby the brain works in a coherent and integrated manner, this imakes meditation special in this regard comparing it to other practises..

Kind regards
David

tadeas

Czech Republic
314 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  5:22:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi and welcome :)

1. I'd say yes - we work at removing obstructions that prevent us from seeing the underlying truth. Or to put it in another way we loosen our identifications and as a result of this we're not being constantly distracted from our center.

2. I think so - pranayama in particular. Consider adding it to your practice, because it greatly enhances meditation and they both work very well together.

Take care and enjoy.)
Go to Top of Page

Divineis

Canada
420 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2008 :  8:35:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
1. no

2. yes

Enlightened people still have obstructions that come up from time to time... they in fact are still human. They just know how to deal with them. They know they aren't them by knowing that they are them, but the knower is empty so... they aren't them, even though they are them.

I think it's best to just continue ones practices and not think too much about "enlightenment". I mean, you can fill your head with "enlightened thoughts", with beliefs saying... I have to do so and so before realising enlightenment. It's just more karmah, more beliefs to get rid of. It doesn't mean you'll have to meditate more, so you can release this karmah and stop thinking about it, it just means, one day you'll have to drop it all. You can be enlightened, and still think of this stuff, you just know the emptyness in it. You know it really doesn't matter.

They say it takes but one moment of pure awareness to realise enlightenment. One moment. Not 6 years, 6 months, 6 days, not even 6 seconds, one moment. I'm sure many have tasted this sort of moment in meditation... now question what's different between that experience and everyday life, until nothing is left, and then go into that nothing. So maybe it's more like 5 minutes instead of a moment haha :).

here's an example of questioning:
"1. I'd say yes - we work at removing obstructions that prevent us from seeing the underlying truth. Or to put it in another way we loosen our identifications and as a result of this we're not being constantly distracted from our center."
first we can define the center... but, in reality, you can't. See how this belief is empty? How does one get distracted from an indefinable center? One starts defining it, that's how :) haha.

Namaste folks

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000