AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari - where should the tongue rest?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sagittarius

14 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  1:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sagittarius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I can can make the tongue go to the nasal passages and touch the wall between them. However I can't yet close the passages with a tongue.

What exactly is considered stage 3 of kechari? On which spot should the tip of the tongue rest?

I want to thank Yogani very much for advising cutticle snippers and some guy on the forum who advised to use a magnifying mirror! With a use of these tools I was able to reach current stage within 1 month and 20 days. Usually I was making snips every 2-3 days, sometimes 4-5 days. I made many tiny tips in 1 time. I was also putting the scissors inside the cutted frenulum and was making cuts there. However I think I havn't yet cut out everything.

Are little holes on the sides of hard palate - Eustachian tubes?

Edited by - Sagittarius on Mar 26 2008 1:38:33 PM

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  2:23:24 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Sagittarius

What exactly is considered stage 3 of kechari? On which spot should the tip of the tongue rest?

Are little holes on the sides of hard palate - Eustachian tubes?

Hi Sagittarius:

Stage 3 kechari is when the tip of the tongue reaches the top of the nasal pharynx and the bottom side of the tongue is able to touch the full length of the back edge of the nasal septum (center divider). Stage 2 kechari is the tip of the tongue touching part way up the back edge of the septum -- the point we call the "secret spot" in the lessons.

This will happen naturally as ecstatic radiance rises in the body -- our other practices are key in this. Then the nasal septum becomes "spiritually erogenous" and is instantly connected ecstatically with the root at the perineum. That ecstatic pleasure draws us naturally.

Yes, the horn-like structures on either side of the nasal openings in the nasal pharynx are the Eustachian tubes.

For more on all of this, see the lessons on "kechari mudra" listed and linked in the main website topic index: http://www.aypsite.org/TopicIndex.html (particularly lesson 108)

All the best!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Sagittarius

14 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  3:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Sagittarius's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
If you are closing the center divider of nasal septum in stage 3, does it mean you can't breath in that stage? Is the top of the nasal pharynx - point closest to the face? On the roof of the septum just 5mm before the center divider there is kind of a little hole. Do you mean this spot as the top of nasal pharynx? Or this is the spot for stage 2?

Edited by - Sagittarius on Mar 26 2008 3:30:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 26 2008 :  3:39:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sagittarius:

Best to check the diagrams with lesson 108 for particulars about tongue positions in the several stages of kechari: http://www.aypsite.org/kechari_image1.html

The little indentations on the top back side of the nasal pharynx are not significant in kechari. Neither are the Eustachian tubes. The ero-ecstatic connection is mainly through the septum, and to varying degrees in the surrounding tissues.

Breathing is not a problem in stage 3 kechari, as there is plenty of room for air to go around the tongue. Anatomical variations could make a difference in some practitioners, but I would be surprised if someone could not breathe easily in stage 3.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

Thokar

USA
45 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  12:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Thokar's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my experience the indentation at the top of the nasal pharynx is the most ecstatically charged spot back there... I can still get huge ammounts of ecstatic conductivity just resting the tongue along the length of the septum, but when I push the tip of the tongue up into that little hole at the top (which I believe is anatomically right under the pituitary gland) I receive by far the greatest ammount of energy and bliss and also an extremely strong pulling sensation on the crown..
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2008 :  1:35:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Thokar

In my experience the indentation at the top of the nasal pharynx is the most ecstatically charged spot back there... I can still get huge ammounts of ecstatic conductivity just resting the tongue along the length of the septum, but when I push the tip of the tongue up into that little hole at the top (which I believe is anatomically right under the pituitary gland) I receive by far the greatest ammount of energy and bliss and also an extremely strong pulling sensation on the crown..

Hi Thokar:

Following our own ecstasy is always better than following someone else's words and descriptions. With self-pacing as needed, of course.

Thanks for chiming in!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

fcry64

India
53 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2009 :  3:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit fcry64's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Thokar

do u turn ur tongue over to a side to push through it? or just squeeze it in?

also for stage 4, is it enterin into one of the nasal passages?
Go to Top of Page

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  07:05:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Sagittarius,
I can see that you've had a good progress with cuticle snippers. That surprises me because the harder I tried I couldn't cut anything using cuticle snippers. My frenum simply slips off the snipper and I can't make any small cuts or "tiny tips" as you did.
I'm just thinking maybe the cuticle snippers in Australia are not sharp enough (people have a habit of making things extra safe here). I have tried two different brands and it's really hard to make a cut with them.
What brand are you using?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000