Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Solar Centering vs. Kechari & Sambavi
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Emil

Australia
141 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  06:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Happy new year everyone.

For the past few months, I've been trying hard to keep my tongue in kechari level 1 spot all day long. I wanted this to become automatic so that it would happen on it's own in my meditation.

I'm close to stablishing this habit of keeping my tongue there but now I've read the lesson on Solar Centering and I'm thinking that maybe doing kechari level 1 all day long is keeping me in my head and doing more harm than benefit. Maybe I should try keeping my attention on solar center instead?

Any ideas?

Clear White Light

USA
229 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  10:52:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just relax. You don't have to do kechari or solar centering all day to learn the techniques or to gain their benefits. This is definitely overkill, and can easily do more harm than good. However, it's an indicator of a high spiritual bhakti. I think you just have an overflowing of bhakti and are perhaps lacking the appropriate avenues to express it, and is perhaps leading to this fixation of having to carry certain techniques around with you all day. if the tongue is not already automatically seeking to curl up into the kechari mudra, I don't think forcing it there by brute effort will be of much help to you. Actually, it could hinder your progress in your meditation by having to constantly put attention on the performance of kechari. The focus in deep meditation is to constantly favor the mantra, allowing it to refine and merge with inner silence. Having to constantly stay on the surface and check up on physical technique can seriously dampen your ability to go deeper into meditative states.

Again, please, just take it easy. This kind of approach is not at all necessary. If you feel the need to do solar centering because of kechari, the most obvious solution in my mind would be to just stop doing kechari, THEN evaluate your situation from a more baseline perspective. If you still find yourself centered primarily in your head, then it would be appropriate to start thinking about solar centering.

Edited by - Clear White Light on Jan 03 2010 11:58:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

Victor

USA
910 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2010 :  4:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have to agree with Clear White Light here. Nothing wrong with playing with kechari or solar centering through your day for fun or as a way to stretch ( I learned to do full kechari in the car because my job required me to be on the road all day so I played with my tongue while driving). The key here is PLAY. These practice details come into play during practice time when you are going inward in a formal way. The rest of your day is living in the world and all that goes with it. An example might be Siddhasana. Siddhasana is a very good posture for meditation. Perhaps if you have spare time you can explore this leg position outside of practice time but you can't exactly do it while walking to the store, sitting in your car or being active in whatever you do in your day. I would relax, explore the practices that appeal to you when the moment feels appropriate and then do regular formal practice every day with good form and precision and awareness. Its not healthy to obsess too much on anything
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000