New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 10

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  06:13:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by seekeroftruth
Third, Max dismissed kundalini. He said something to the effect that kundalini was a new energy and that the "old" practices never used it. He says that the kunlun energy is much more effective.

Hey,

I'm still lost because I already asked a few times: can one of you clearly explain here what is the difference between kundalini energy and kunlun energy ?

quote:
Originally posted by emc
The technique to let excess energy just sink from the head down to the stomach or even out through the feet is a very good way to ease head pressure!

Yeap this what i referred somewhere on this forum as grounding then rooting !

In Shakti, Albert
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  10:05:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Seekeroftruth,

I saw you there. Yoda pointed you out at one point. Welcome to AYP. Hey, next time you go to a seminar stick around for the tao bums part! It's very very worth it.

Selfonlypath,

quote:
I'm still lost because I already asked a few times: can one of you clearly explain here what is the difference between kundalini energy and kunlun energy ?

Haha sorry. Sometimes I need things really spelled out for me...hopefully this answer helps, but let me know if it doesn't...

By the way, this is just my interpretation of what's going on...I'm just a beginner so please keep that in mind...

Okay so, from practicing both, it's seemed to me that kundalini energy was dormant in the root and postures like siddhasana, mudras like (where you put your right hand over left with the thumbs touching and both facing up on your lap), bandhas like the three locks, etc, awakens it. The energy feels different. You could say it is a different frequency. It does different things to you...for example when I could awaken it, it kind of was like a spiritual fire. Not in the sense that it was hot, necessarily (but the body did become hot due to energy being trapped in the head)...but the way it rose was like a fire.

The energy in kunlun is magnetic or has a magnetic like effect on the body. Kind of like being moved in a vortex of gravitational pull (or something), if you allow it. It opens up the same energy channels as in kundalini yoga, but just in a different way.

With kundalini you work from the bottom up...a yogi CAN try to do it in a different way, but the fact is that the kundalini energy is only stored down at the root, so the only way to do it is to go upwards. With kunlun, it seems to flow both ways...it's written ont the website that kunlun is a downward flow, but it seems to go both ways for me, at least at this stage in my development.

Maybe someone else who knows more can answer?

quote:
Grounding gets rid you from excess energy; rooting allows you to stabilize yourself to generate more energy.

Yep, the standing postures like I Jong (or Kong Jing or whatever it's called) and standing 5 elements are for grounding. Very effective within the system, but I don't know about with kundalini. And the close down postures for kunlun and red phoenix store the energy you generate in the dan tien, stabilizing you and retaining the energy. Once again, good for kunlun but kundalini is a different animal.

Why do I think that? Well I did AYP for a year or two, and tried standing and also abdominal breathing...they didn't help me with kundalini overload. Maybe I'm just weird though.
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  12:56:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks so much Scott, I start to understand a bit.

quote:
Originally posted by Scott
The energy in kunlun is magnetic or has a magnetic like effect on the body. Kind of like being moved in a vortex of gravitational pull (or something), if you allow it. It opens up the same energy channels as in kundalini yoga, but just in a different way.

About your description of magnetic effect, do you think it could be similar to one of my lucid dream which happened about 2 years ago ?

I’m walking along a country road when suddenly I see an very old Native American man lying down the grass. He seems in bad shape but as soon as I look into his eyes, I feel huge rushes in my body. I decide to go closer from him and my body is like sucked by a magnet, like I feel I’m being morphed, modified so I try to resist. I stop looking at him, I’m better but I feel he needs help so I look again (huge energy rushes again) then I get closer to him so I feel even more sucked by a huge magnet coming from him. I’m fascinated by his dressing: all black robe clothes plus a beautiful yellow collar with many big pieces. I feel love for him so I finally surrender: I get closer from him, lay down on his right side and put my hand on his chest. Then everything gets calmer, no more energy rushes and I decide to quit the lucid dream.

Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on May 08 2008 4:09:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

seekeroftruth

USA
23 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  8:33:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit seekeroftruth's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Scott,
I also recognized you. I'm a student and have finals this week, so I couldn't really come for the afterparty with the Tao Bums, but, trust me, if it was any other weekend besides finals weekend then I would be there. I'd definitely be willing to go to another seminar if it was close by like this one.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 08 2008 :  11:39:49 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure if it's like your dream, Albert. One thing with the kunlun energy is that you can slow it down and stop it almost immediately (although abruptly stopping isn't good for you), so it isn't like you would have to try and resist it. Anyway, if you're interested in kunlun, go to a seminar if you are able or get the book and practice. That's the best way to understand it, because reading what I think about it doesn't cause you to learn anything substantial.

Seekeroftruth,

Yeah I understand about finals. Next time, haha.
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  01:14:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott,

Many thanks for commenting your description of magnetic energy versus my "magnetic" lucid dream experience which I had only once. Obviously, there are many ways and systems to feel magnetic sensations though a human vessel. I was taught my dream was a shamanic healing where on that specific path you can't stop energy works through you. Either you die by resisting or you are convinced that you will die by surrendering so it is totally different than self-pace built-in systems.

Albert
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  3:06:38 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Scott,

Nice articulation of Kundalini vs Kunlun. You are going to be quite the spiritual giant.

Your pal,
Yoda
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 09 2008 :  3:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm not sure about that but thanks Yoda, haha.
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  12:39:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Scott, Yoda and Seekeroftruth,

Do you know of this site, click "skip intro" then "who we are":
http://www.innerselfcenter.com/

Albert
Go to Top of Page

AugustLeo

USA
11 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  11:30:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit AugustLeo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by selfonlypath

Hey Scott, Yoda and Seekeroftruth,

Do you know of this site, click "skip intro" then "who we are":

Albert

I've been told that the Kunlun material on the referenced site is not authorized by Max and we've been asked not to patronize the site, which I'm happy to comply with. See this TaoBum thread on this topic: http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php...5#entry35285

AugustLeo
Go to Top of Page

Yoda

USA
284 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  12:07:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Yoda's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've heard the same thing: he requests his students to avoid buying any Max vids from the site.
Go to Top of Page

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  12:11:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey Albert,

There's a seminar in Haute Savoie, France, on May 30-June 1. I can honestly say from direct experience: that's the best way to get all the info on this.
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 10 2008 :  10:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by AugustLeo
By way of introduction, I'm a Kunlun practitioner and a Taobum. Though I've been reading the AYP forum and have been a member for a while, this is my first AYP post. I'm almost 58 years old, a successful, retired electrical engineer, and I've been pursuing enlightenment since I was 12 years old: yogic, buddhist, daoist, whatever. Today I'm best described as a Taobum. Tomorrow I may not be here.

Hey AugustLeo,

What does it mean to be a Taobum practitionner ?

quote:
Originally posted by Scott
There's a seminar in Haute Savoie, France, on May 30-June 1. I can honestly say from direct experience: that's the best way to get all the info on this.

Thanks Scott,

I don't know about doing this before knowing more because I feel it is strange there is already a split in kunlun lineage:
http://www.kunlunbliss.com/

Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on May 10 2008 11:33:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

AugustLeo

USA
11 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  5:12:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit AugustLeo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Hey AugustLeo,

What does it mean to be a Taobum practitionner ?
I'm not sure what you mean, Albert.

I practice Kunlun and am a member of the TaoBums forum.

What are you referring to? Can you clarify?

Thanks,
Michael
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  9:35:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sorry Michael, I'm french so my english is not my native langage !

Does Taobum is only a forum or is it a system in itself ?
In other words, when you say to be a Taobum, does it mean to be a member of Taobum webforum or to practice a Taobum system ?

Albert
Go to Top of Page

AugustLeo

USA
11 Posts

Posted - May 11 2008 :  10:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit AugustLeo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Sorry Michael, I'm french so my english is not my native langage !

Does Taobum is only a forum or is it a system in itself ?
In other words, when you say to be a Taobum, does it mean to be a member of Taobum webforum or to practice a Taobum system ?

Albert

Albert,

Your english is very good! I apologize for my confusion. I wish I could communicate in another language as well as you do in english!

Taobums is a discussion forum: http://www.thetaobums.com/. The main topic of discussion is Taoist practices, but we are very eclectic. Stop by and see for yourself.

I apologise for any confusion I caused.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  01:11:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Michael,

Since you know very well Max, can you tell me if Kunlun has a connection with Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan shamanism which would be prior to Bonpo, the latter being prior to Buddhism ?

Albert
Go to Top of Page

AugustLeo

USA
11 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  06:54:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit AugustLeo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I don't know about doing this before knowing more because I feel it is strange there is already a split in kunlun lineage:
http://www.kunlunbliss.com/

Albert

Albert,

There is no split in the Kunlun lineage. Lama Dorje (Max Christensen)is the lineage holder. His website is www.KunlunBliss.com.

The person who runs this website (www.innerselfcenter.com) is NOT authorized by Lama Dorje to teach Kunlun or sell his material.

It makes sense that you might want to know more about the Kunlun practice before attending a seminar. That's how I felt, also.

So I bought Lama Dorje's book Pillars of Bliss, which is available here: http://www.lulu.com/content/1039774 for $14.95 USD. Just practicing from the book I had amazing experiences which prompted me to attend a seminar and get the transmission from Lama Dorje. So far my wife and I have attended two seminars and plan to attend more. Our Kunlun practice is one of the most wonderful aspects of our lives!

Hope this helps.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

AugustLeo

USA
11 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  09:36:41 AM  Show Profile  Visit AugustLeo's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi Michael,

Since you know very well Max, can you tell me if Kunlun has a connection with Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan shamanism which would be prior to Bonpo, the latter being prior to Buddhism ?

Albert

Albert,

I wouldn't say I know him very well yet.

I've never heard Max mention such a connection.
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 12 2008 :  11:55:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Are there among you practitioners of Glenn Morris Chi Kung system or practionners of BonPo system who could provide a comparative study of Kunlun versus these other systems ?

Thank you, Albert
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  12:02:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Hi All,

Are there among you practitioners of Glenn Morris Chi Kung system or practionners of BonPo system who could provide a comparative study of Kunlun versus these other systems ?

Thank you, Albert

Hi Albert
This is not a response to your question, but it is a link to a compilation of what Chris (Max's assistant, if you will) has written about Kunlun. It is quite a good resource and will give you some insight as to the practice:

http://www.thetaobums.com/The-Kunlu...s-t4174.html

TI
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 14 2008 :  3:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Who is Mantra68 on taobums forum ?
Go to Top of Page

Tibetan_Ice

Canada
758 Posts

Posted - May 15 2008 :  12:11:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Who is Mantra68 on taobums forum ?

Hi selfonlypath
Mantra68 is Chris, Max's 'assistant'.

TI
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  11:12:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hey,

There is something that surprises me about Mantra68 when he writes in:
http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php...5#entry35285

He also sells "Chi-Packed" audio tapes which, if you know anything, is complete bullsh*t. "Listen to my chi!"

I don't know Philip Toledo pathwork but I know from my personal experiences of having a slight form of Shaktipat from birth and friends running much higher Shakti levels than me that it possible to transfer Shakti by many means (eye glance, touch, mantra, sound, mind, phone, mail, video, web, book, mantra, stone,...). I practice Kundalini Maya Yoga under Tirth Lineage, quechua shamanism, tibetan tantra and all these schools makes extensive use of "listen to my chi" when "you know" !

I've read the other link on:
http://www.thetaobums.com/The-Kunlu...s-t4174.html
Looks to me that kunlun generates most steps and symptoms than Tirth lineage Kundalini Maha Yoga except Kunlun is downward activation whereas Tirth is upward like most hindu systems. Indeed, it is much safer this way by providing right from the start grounding and rooting.

This might explain why kunlun does not recommend kundalini yoga because it would bring ascending kundalini together with descending kundalini into the central channel (sushumna) which can be very dangerous if the vessel is not purified enough.

Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on May 16 2008 11:42:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

Etherfish

USA
3615 Posts

Posted - May 16 2008 :  11:47:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Etherfish's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

This might explain why kunlun does not recommend kundalini yoga because it would bring ascending kundalini together with descending kundalini into the central channel which can be very dangerous if the vessel is not purified enough.

Formerly that would have been true, but this is exactly what Yogani has discovered; how to use that powerful energy safely. See the "main Lessons" above. Don't let the simplicity and ease of use fool you!
The body has built-in mechanisms to make sure not only that the purification takes place first, but "self pacing" for when we start to get out of balance. Some systems have accidently bypassed these safety mechanisms by "tweaking" the wrong things through chakra or crown emphasis instead of simply letting the body do its thing.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 10 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000