New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  3:59:05 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just a quick update for anyone following the last page or so of this thread: I am now on 30mg's of methadone every 36 hours instead of taking my prescribed 90mg's daily. (I started downdosing at the beginning of August) Still no withdrawls and I am only supplimenting with meditation and SBP. When I told my doctor yesterday I wanted him to rewrite my scipt for 30mg's daily he told me that was impossible and that if I was found to be selling methadone I would go to jail. I assured him I had downdosed appropriately, (just without his knowledge as I have been in New Zealand for the whole time) using meditation for the withdrawls, and that I would return my extra drugs to the pharmacy. He couldn't believe it but he agreed to change my script. Thank you Yogani for making the knowledge available to people like me who can REALLY truly benefit from the AYP techniques in ways that noone ever thought possible. Truly a miracle in so many ways how AYP has changed my life. My wife thanks you from the bottom of her heart as do I.
Thank you,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2008 :  4:21:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi CarsonZi:

That is wonderful. The credit really goes to you for digging in and doing the practices in the face of considerable adversity.

Perhaps you could remind your doctor to report back to his professional association and any research institutions he is affiliated with to encourage research on the role of meditation and pranayama in this situation. Obviously, something is going on here, and maybe many more could benefit.

All the best to you and your lovely bride!

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2008 :  11:56:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you I will most definitely follow up with my doctor but I don't anticipate much attention as he 1.doesn't like me (I have called into question the policies of his clinic and made him question what he is actually doing...he didn't like that), and 2.these people don't care if we(drug addicts) suffer or have problems, and especially don't care if we have solutions that could benefit the rest of the drug addict community. Especially if they can't make a bunch of profit off of it. (big surprise) All the same I WILL continue to pester him to consider at least TELLING other doctors that this is happening for me. What I REALLY hope to do in the near future though is start an AYP meditation group aimed towards helping those at my clinic (and if that goes well at others clinics too) trying to get off of methadone. At least I will see if there is any interest there. The least I can do is lead others to the liberation of being drug free and yoga'd up Thanks again.
CarsonZi

Edited by - CarsonZi on Aug 27 2008 12:26:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  01:59:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Beautiful CarsonZI
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2008 :  09:00:34 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

What I REALLY hope to do in the near future though is start an AYP meditation group aimed towards helping those at my clinic (and if that goes well at others clinics too) trying to get off of methadone. At least I will see if there is any interest there. The least I can do is lead others to the liberation of being drug free and yoga'd up Thanks again.
CarsonZi

Hi CarsonZi:

Yes, this would be a wonderful thing to do. Something for which you are uniquely qualified.

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Aug 29 2008 :  01:58:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cannabis is shiva there is no question about that. look at the main bud for every plant, very large pinecone/conical shape enwreathed with leaves at the base, exactly like shiva's hairstyle. it is truly the dragon tree that reaches 50,000 leagues into the sky that is mentioned in the maitreya prophecy. it stimulates the pineal and crown from my experience. no doubt in my mind, def connects anyone to shiva, u must just let go when u use cannabis, u must not ground yourself here, u must be in the clouds!~ this is the only way to overcome any negative aspects, from my experience cannabis should only be used to enter samadhi, anything else will cause increased pressure, and energy if u stay grounded in your body, creating hyper sensitivity to the energy and u will feel overwhelmed and burned and drained. i must say i only reccomend this plant for gaining "height" and samadhi thats it, if u want to stay grounded, u must stay in your heightened thoughts and not intentionally sit down to meditate, either converse with another or with yourself lol. using cannabis to enter samadhi makes it very easy since cannabis makes you "zone out" and u can just shut off your mind totally without lifting a finger so to speak and then bam u are in samadhi and u dont even know it lol until u realize u are not breathing and then u come back to an experienced ayp, experienced cannabis user from this life or even a previous, cannabis=automatic trance and samadhi inducer. i recommend this beautiful plant to everyone and hope u understand its purpose a little better, just let go and shut everything off when u use it, no breathing, no exercises, mantras, nothing, just u and the SoS and u will be gone before u know it!

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on Aug 29 2008 05:01:02 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 14 2008 :  1:35:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just wanted to share a recent experience with you all...

I recently decided to REALLY cut back on my cannibas intake, moreso then I have ever done before...I went 3 days without smoking a single puff, but broke down on the third day and rolled a blunt. What proceeded to happen after this surprised the hell outta me.

Since I had not smoked for 3 days, (which is 3 days longer then I have ever gone in almost 15 years) my tolreance was probably diminished and this may have had something to do with why what happened seemed so drastic to me. As soon as I started to feel the full effects of the joint and my eyelids dropped a few millimeters I realized I was naturally going into sambhavi, and as soon as I realized this my third eye started BURNING...and I mean burning. I have had much third eye pressure in the past few months but nothing like this. This was like someone was pushing a red hot "tear" shaped branding iron right in the middle of my forehead. I stopped smoking as this happened and went directly into DEEP meditation. No mantra, no thoughts, just sambhavi in samadhi. It even took a while for me to realize I was in samadhi as I had lost all concept of "I". When I realized I was in samadhi it knocked me out of the unity but I still stayed in DM. At this point I could feel my"self" again and could feel the most amazing electricity buzzing through every nerve and every hair on every cell of my body went straight out. My wife saw me at this point and laughed at me (which brought me out of DM unfortunately) saying I looked crazy cause my beard hair was standing straight out off of my face like I had put hair jel in it or something. Please keep in mind that this is the first time this has happened to me through cannibas use, but I thought I should mention it since it DID happen.

In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

michaelangelo7

USA
89 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  01:35:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit michaelangelo7's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
never underestimate the power of cannabis to induce samadhi :) heres a vid where a yogi explains the importance of it in regards to meditation. hindu sahdus use cannabis as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6EFxIo_ege0

Edited by - michaelangelo7 on Oct 15 2008 02:25:21 AM
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 15 2008 :  10:56:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Never underestimate the power of cannibas to lead you astray either...astray onto a wordly path of pleasure seeking. It's a fine line to walk, and for many too fine. Maybe not for you and me, Michaelangelo7, but for many people I'm sure the path of plants(cannibas) is a treacherous and misleading path. Be careful not to preach anything absolute because everyone is different. (Not saying you were, just saying be careful) Saying things like "never underestimate the power of cannabis to induce samadhi" could lead many people astray. I'm pretty sure that only people with regular cannibas use BEFORE starting yoga can really benefit from these types of effects. For others it may be too drastic, too forceful, to uneventful or any other number of things. What works for one may not work for another.

In Love,
CarsonZi
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  1:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think cannabis has been romanticized way too much because it is a forbidden substance in America.

In truth, cannabis, isn't really that great. You can get a much better similar high from weight lifting and running.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2008 :  2:14:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Alwayson,

What about for the rest of the world, or say Canada for example, where marijuana, especially small amounts are legal, or psuedo-legal. No reverse pressure there!

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  10:00:50 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I used cannibis for a few years prior to yoga. It and LSD I think were meant to be in my life because my previous years were spent so immersed in negative thought that nothing short of a "forced" awakening would do. Marijuana taught me to appreciate my senses and to question my thoughts (quite an extreme concept for me at the time!). LSD taught me that everything is connected and reality is not objective.

Long story short...I was using these substances and having a great time, but I never really DID anything with the knowledge I was gaining. I was pretty stagnated in life and still not very happy outside of my drug usage. After a BAD BAD BAD mushrooms trip that left me with recurring bouts of depersonalization (see my other threads...) I was in the pits of existential angst. Marijuana no longer worked for me, in fact it made things worse.

Then came AYP. I got into AYP and over time the angst resolved itself. I still get it sometimes, but I can view it from a much more solid and grounded state. After doing AYP for some time marijuana also "resolved" itself. After mushrooms marijuana would give me "the shakes" among other scary symptoms. One day when I was high I felt driven to do AYP (still quite a novice) and that session was momentous for me - I GOT IT!. I *understood* experientially what asanas, pranayama, and meditation were all about! Even stuff like mudras, kechari...stuff that seemed "out there" happened to me! My bhakti was driven higher because I got to *experience* these things and now truly believed then. On LSD this effect was amplified.

Problem is that when not on drugs AYP seemed lacking. I knew that ONE DAY I would GET THERE but NOW it seems bland. I went through this cycle for about a year and a half until very recently when I started school. I stopped using marijuana because of lack of time and also because I began realizing after mistake after mistake that marijuana can lure me into bad waters. The first trip is always blissful - feeling like I'm God's son. The next trip taken too soon is always near-psychosis! So I decided to see what its like to chill out.

I notice now that my practices have really deepened. I am coming more and more into stillness. Marijuana never so much stimulated inner silence as much as it did kundalini. I miss the extreme kundalini sensivitity...but marijuana if anything made me appreciate the necessity of inner silence BEFORE kundalini is active. I am more solid and consistent and grounded now. I feel a desire for marijuana sometimes but I don't act on it. I cant say Ill never do it again, but day to day in the present it seems unecessary.

If it were universally a spiritual tool than I would expect to see more conciousness in those who use it. I have been to festivals and and met PLENTLY of avid users and rarely do I get much of a vibe of nuerospiritual evolution going on.

I think marijuana is a wonderful plant and definitley with potential...but users lack guidance and intent in their explorations. I think it has a time and place for sure, but it can be hard to know when it is time to move on.

Timothy Leary devised a seven-layer conciousness model. I don't recall all seven off the top of my head, but the Sensory level lies somewhere near the middle. The Socio-emotional level lies underneath that. Most people spend their time in that level. Marijuana can take you to the next two higher levels "Sensory and Somatic" but the path doesnt end there. there are levels beyond that and it is easy to get stuck at that one.
Go to Top of Page

gumpi

United Kingdom
546 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  3:21:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit gumpi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am firmly convinced that marijuana is nothing but harmful. IN the beginning stages it can give insights to a healthy brain, but after that it tends to cause destruction.

I certainly don't think it contributes to samadhi, as i understand it. The fact there are so many different samadhis makes it difficult. But in my experience, cannabis and other pot and weed does nothing but make people paranoid. Physiologically it increases the heart rate and blood pressure. THat should tell you enough. It simply isn't conducive to yoga practices.

You cannot have a near death experience on marijuana. It is as likely as me becoming the ruler of the entire world from my computer.

I also don't agree that marijuana can be compared to LSD. And in connection with this, the idea people age on drugs is stupid. They don't age at all, they regress into muddled thinking.
Go to Top of Page

YogaIsLife

641 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  4:04:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit YogaIsLife's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Physiologically it increases the heart rate and blood pressure.

hmmm...from my knowledge cannabis actually decreases blood pressure by vasodilatation.

I had amazing insights with marijuana but also some very awful experiences where it felt like my vital energy was literally living my body, like I was dying or something. And I wasn't a regular user, just tried it a few times for the sake of experimenting but it does me no good indeed, takes me to extremes. But people have different physiologies I guess, so to each it's own.
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2008 :  11:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by anthony574
Timothy Leary devised a seven-layer conciousness model. I don't recall all seven off the top of my head, but the Sensory level lies somewhere near the middle. The Socio-emotional level lies underneath that. Most people spend their time in that level. Marijuana can take you to the next two higher levels "Sensory and Somatic" but the path doesnt end there. there are levels beyond that and it is easy to get stuck at that one.

Yes and to be more precise, there are 8 layers or circuits in Timothy Leary model.

About cannabis, one will get stuck into level V (neuro-somatic):
1) look for last chart of http://deoxy.org/8brains.htm
2) look at chapter V then VI of http://deoxy.org/8circuit.htm

Interesting to note that shaman goes beyond cannabis on first chart of http://deoxy.org/eoctave.htm which is why I mentionned earlier in this thread or another one that cannabis is not an entheogen.

One question I still have: does AYP pathwork all circuits having in mind that last chart of http://deoxy.org/8brains.htm indicates yoga / meditation for circuits V, VI, VII & VIII as well as entheogens but do not describe which type of yoga / meditation whereas it is more precise on which type of entheogens !

For those of you choosing path of the plants in order to open all circuits, this booklet is worthwile reading before http://deoxy.org/l_impgui.htm and if you read attentively, you'll find wisdom advices in the document for advanced meditators practicing yoga hence outside of entheogen pathwork !

Albert

Edited by - selfonlypath on Oct 26 2008 12:37:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

anthony574

USA
549 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  09:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit anthony574's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by gumpi

I am firmly convinced that marijuana is nothing but harmful. IN the beginning stages it can give insights to a healthy brain, but after that it tends to cause destruction.

I certainly don't think it contributes to samadhi, as i understand it. The fact there are so many different samadhis makes it difficult. But in my experience, cannabis and other pot and weed does nothing but make people paranoid. Physiologically it increases the heart rate and blood pressure. THat should tell you enough. It simply isn't conducive to yoga practices.

You cannot have a near death experience on marijuana. It is as likely as me becoming the ruler of the entire world from my computer.

I also don't agree that marijuana can be compared to LSD. And in connection with this, the idea people age on drugs is stupid. They don't age at all, they regress into muddled thinking.

Cannibis seems to act on the whole energy body - releasing kundalini from the root chakra (temporarily). This can cause paranoia for some with many obstructions because the energy may not rise above the lowest chakras (which is associated with paranoia). I used cannibis a year before yoga practices and the nature of the experience changed dramatically with the purification of my system via AYP. The more I practiced AYP when I would go back and "experiment" again with marijuana each time lo and behold it would seem that the energy would flow easier. Kechari, spontaneous asanas, bhandas, INTENSE pranayama...you name it. Any energy-related practice opened up to me. This is why it is valued as a sacred plant among yogis who choose to employ it.

But like I mentioned, it did not do much for me inner-silence wise. I would get so jacked-up on kundalini that I would be totally frazzled.

Like all entheogens - IT DEPENDS ON WHO USES IT. If someone uses it and experiences paranoia - then it is a result of the particular configuration of their energetic self at the time. Someone could use it and become paranoid, sexual, trusting, loving, creative, intuitive...and you can see the advancement up the chakral system. I have been to parties int he past where everyone smokes marijuana and continues on watching TV and chatting while I'm sitting there frozen by a full-body orgasm feeling my heart open and fill the room, feeling my body quake with shakti. But that did not used to be the case. Before AYP I became paranoid. It depends on one's level of purification and inner stillness.
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2008 :  12:46:48 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Anthony574,
I think your above post hits this issue directly on the head. This is exactly how I see it. To say that marijuana "causes"(evertime) paranoia is absolutely absurd and completely ignorant. I do not experience paranoia in the least, and I still smoke. The effects are all relative, and this doesn't even take into acount all the different strains and different effects each STRAIN of maijuana causes either. There are NO absolutes in anything and it is no different with cannibas.

Hi Albert,
Thank you for sharing the links above. I thouroughly enjoyed the read. If you notice on the 8th level "Ketamine" is listed there as an agent. This surprised me as most people have no idea of what Ketamine does except through reading about it in a book, and no words can really describe the experience accurately. I agreed with everything on the chart. But what you said above about marijuana making you "stuck" in the V level is not accurate. It will take you to the V level but it doesn't make you "stuck" there if you are personally capable of rising higher. It is just an aid to the V level. Like the chart shows, yoga can take you higher on the "chart" and if you are using both yoga and marijuana, yoga will overcome the marijuana and help you not get stuck in the "V" level as you say. Eventually marijuana will not be necessary as yoga will easily take you up to the V level with no help. But until that time, marijuana will help me get to the V level easily and my yoga practices will help me stay in the upper levels. Make sense?

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

selfonlypath

France
297 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2008 :  02:54:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi
Hi Albert,
Thank you for sharing the links above. I thouroughly enjoyed the read. If you notice on the 8th level "Ketamine" is listed there as an agent. This surprised me as most people have no idea of what Ketamine does except through reading about it in a book, and no words can really describe the experience accurately. I agreed with everything on the chart. But what you said above about marijuana making you "stuck" in the V level is not accurate. It will take you to the V level but it doesn't make you "stuck" there if you are personally capable of rising higher. It is just an aid to the V level. Like the chart shows, yoga can take you higher on the "chart" and if you are using both yoga and marijuana, yoga will overcome the marijuana and help you not get stuck in the "V" level as you say. Eventually marijuana will not be necessary as yoga will easily take you up to the V level with no help. But until that time, marijuana will help me get to the V level easily and my yoga practices will help me stay in the upper levels. Make sense?

Yes Carson, it makes sense plus you might want to observe the first chart of http://deoxy.org/eoctave.htm where circuit VI has cell body function (the Neurologician - the Shaman) whereas circuit V has cell body function (Hedonic Engineering - Yoga)

In Shakti, Albert
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2009 :  4:17:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have found an awesome article on the issues encountered with marijuana smoking from the Ayurvedic perspective. Very enlightening IMO. Hope others will enjoy as well.

http://www.alandiashram.org/html/re...diction.html

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  2:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Cannabis has very litte effect on me, and I have tried the most potent strains.

Probably because I lift weights. The high from Cannabis is like an inferior version of the high you get from weight lifting.
Go to Top of Page

Konchok Ösel Dorje

USA
545 Posts

Posted - Apr 11 2009 :  7:27:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Konchok Ösel Dorje's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I was a heavy pot smoker for 15 years, always the best Humboldt County grows. I practice meditation for 30 years. Marijuana is very important for medical use. It will relieve suffering from sickness. But marijuana is not an aid to meditation. It does not induce Samadhi. It does not aid meditation. It aids delusion. If you think pot is Siva, then you must be a Sivaite. Then the cops are Siva too. Everything is Siva. There are many sadhus who do many things. Some will stand with one arm in the air and never sit down, ever. This is not meditation. There is no drug you can take for enlightenment. Actually, meditation, visualization and pranayama are excellent tools to overcome the debilitating effects of drug use, like reduction in your lung capacity and your body's ability to absorb oxygen. There is no high like a sober samadhi using your body's natural energy. I've used every kind of drug, I know what all the high's are like. Meditation high is the strongest. Some yogis love it so much they never come out. This is also attachment, and we need a good teacher to know how to move past that level.

Edited by - Konchok Ösel Dorje on Apr 11 2009 8:28:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

alwayson

Canada
288 Posts

Posted - Apr 12 2009 :  6:02:55 PM  Show Profile  Visit alwayson's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
cannabis is soooo overrated
Go to Top of Page

Yogishammy

Sweden
14 Posts

Posted - Jun 27 2015 :  02:36:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderation in all things. As soon as you've established a relationship with the herb, be aware of this. Sooner or later this relationship will force you to make a decision, to smoke or not to smoke. And so you identify once more. If there's doubt, this is the time to surrender, to give it up, to let it become new.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000