Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Cosmic Samyama parallels in other traditions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

TSwift

USA
3 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2015 :  09:29:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, I'm wondering if anybody knows whether there is a connection between the practice of "Cosmic Samyama" in AYP and the Kan and Li formulas used by Mantak Chia? I'm wondering because I am currently reading the book, Healing Light of the Tao, and Chia's description of the Kan and Li practices bears some resemblence to Cosmic Samyama. Here is an excerpt:

"...you become the Cosmic Being, whose Crystal Palace is the North Star, whose kidneys are the moon, and whose tan tien is the planet Earth...This practice cultivates our true knowledge and awakens our real senses; it develops cosmic consciousness and open our three tan tiens to receive energy from their heavenly counterparts. Thus, Kan and Li teaches us how to tune to different frequencies from the stars as well as the Earth, and to the different levels of consciousness associated with them. Eventually, we become who we are by returning to the source."

A similar practice seems to be described in JC Stevens' Kriya Secrets Revealed: the Gayatri Kriya. Here is a brief description of the practice:

"The purpose of Gayatri Kriya is the realization, through the highest application of the full Gayatri Mantra, that the Universe is indeed reflected within the human body and, in particular, the chakras. Time and space break down, and the seven states of manifestation are perceived, and the true connection between all things is realized, all from concentrating upon these elements or states in the chakras."

So, it seems to me that AYP's Cosmic Samyama, the Kan and Li formulas in Chia's system, and Gayatri Kriya are all parallel practices. In terms of which practice is most effective, I have no idea and make no judgments.

Interested in what others have to say and in any experiences with these practices folks want to share.
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000