Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 How do you rest?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

insideout

USA
44 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  7:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit insideout's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
After meditation, the resting part is a bit unclear to me. I usually lay down and just observe what is going on inside and outside my body for 5 minutes.

Do I have the right idea? What do you do?

Jim and His Karma

2111 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  10:01:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yeah, there is an elusive middle area between the extremes of 1. lapsing back into meditation, and 2. immediately getting up and checking email :)

I just lounge. I look like Nero after the feast. Relaxed, satisfied, and just sort of hanging out. And, after a short while, I let thoughts of stuff I need to do gradually gain strength. Eventually, they pull me up and out.
Go to Top of Page

nearoanoke

USA
525 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2007 :  10:47:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I usually lay down and just observe what is going on inside and outside my body for 5 minutes.

no need to observe, just rest and relax
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000