AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 What is beyond the septum?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Nov 28 2006 :  1:32:22 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I read about the erectile tissues, but what is beyond the septum? The tongue turns to one side and enters one of passages, but does it go straight or curl itself around the opposite side. Does it go up?

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Nov 29 2006 :  10:53:01 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kyman:

You might find the following unedited Q&A from my email to be helpful. The septum is the solid center divider wall (made of both bone and cartilage) between the left and right nostrils, and it goes from the nasal pharynx (back edge -- "secret spot") forward to the center of the visible nose.
----------

Q: I have a few questions regarding stage 4 and 3 Kechari
I can trace with my toung the length up the septum and above to the roof area
As well as insert my toung (about half of it) into the nostril area,
though ( they, the
Nostrils seem to end ? is this right it seems like the toung reaches a
dead end and
It also seems like the top of stage 3 is higher than this dead end spot

Please , if you can shed some light on this,
there is increasing ecstatic response on all levels, I have been
regular in practice also

A: The nasal passages go up above the top of the pharynx to the area behind the center brow and then out through the nostrils, but this is not necessarily something you need to be concerned with at such an early stage. There is erectile tissue that has to be by-passed along the way (see lesson 108 on how to do this), which may be what you have run into. Your tongue may or may not ever reach that high point, depending on anatomy, and it is not crucial anyway. There are other ways to affect that area -- yoni mudra (and variations) in particular. As mentioned, using kechari stages 2-3 comfortably during sitting practices will produce far more effect over time than occasional use of stage 4. Let your bhakti be your guide, but also pace it according to common sense. Rome was not built in a day! :-)

The guru is in you.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000