Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Another Kechari Story - Stretch, Tear, and Bliss
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

yogani

USA
5196 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  11:49:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All:

A recent correspondence from my email, shared with permission:
-----------------------

Q1: I have gotten for the first time (yesterday) into stage 2 past the
tendon that you describe with the help of a finger. I was not liking
the idea of snipping, however I found that after I had gotten into
stage 2 my frenum tissue under the tougue was bleeding (just a drop)
and tore at the stress point. It is sore today. Is it okay that it
tore like this? Is this my own internal unfolding inner snipping, so
to speak, and would it be okay to precede like this? I am missing venturing there, as the soreness and healing are not allowing it.
Would it be okay to go forward in this manner, stretching and
healing and so on and so forth, or did I over do it?
Thank you so much.
Blessings Dear Brother.

A1: Congratulations on your entry into kechari stage 2.

I am sure the frenum tearing approach will work out fine over the long run. Ironically though, tiny snipping can lead to quicker progress with less pain and faster healing, due to its more targeted (localized) approach to trimming the frenum. But your approach will obviously work too.

There are a variety of ways to approach kechari. Where there is a will (bhakti) there is a way. Many of these ways have been reported in the AYP forums. Your approach would be welcome there also. I am sure many would be interested and helped in their perspective.

Q2: Deep thanks for your great service. You have acted as a catalyst for the amazing and wondrous reality of Kechari to unfold in me, just 3 days ago I entered stage 2 for the first time and now it appears (as far as I can deduce) that I am in stage 3 reaching for stage 4. You do know dear brother that words fall short and are inadequate in describing or talking about such events as monumental as this, and please excuse me for all these words, though I can't help express how great and important this feels.

In the spirit of true humility I feel that it is only through Grace that this blessing of far reaching Yoga in the form of Kechari has occurred.

Formal regular practice of yoga for me as been lacking in rigorous
discipline with almost no sitting practices or hatha yoga, yet, for
many many years I have taken a non-physical approach encompassing
the yoga of sound, mantra repetition, different forms of spontaneous
pranayam as well as other forms of spontaneous yoga, sacred study and
devotion. I have been in kechari stage 1 for many many years. What is
so monumental here is how close I have been to stage 2 and how major
the difference and how many other long time seekers also are at the
brink of a divine oppurtunity as this transition.

The effects of the last few days have lit up the inner connection of
the crown to the whole body in a wonderful and dramatic way, a tremendous activation seems immanent it is hard to imagine any practice being so important.

On another note I really do understand the secrecy factor. As much as
I have been exposed to and its been a lot, the fact of this reality
has been hidden, and literally underneath my nose ... what a wonder
... I am not going to run out and tell everyone I know about it. It is so very special and intimate, spiritually personal, yet in your
case in the right setting their are those that sincerely long for this
in depth connectivity kechari affords.

Brother ... a few questions please. This is so new, a world of
transcendent possibility I want to navigate on an optimum level of speed, efficiency and balance:

1. In addition to sitting practices which I am embracing more than
ever on account of the conductivity of Kechari, I have actually been
there in kechari while driving or doing mundane daily tasks, is this
not recommend? Can it dilute the energetic or the more the better
and as much as possible wherever and whenever.

2. Is the actual mudra arrived at only when fully positioned in
stage 4. And can you share more about the entry into K-4

As of yet I have gone from moving around from one point to another
to remaining stationary on one point or another and of course
endeavoring to enter stage 4 i have read lesson 108 many times (108 is a most sacred number).

For the benefit of others I am all for you posting any part of this
email if you think it would help others but I do not wish to share with my name attached to it. It seems so private and sacred, and I feel so humbled by the grace of it all.

A2: Sounds very good. Keep in mind that kechari is only part of the program, and it is important to weave it into our overall stable routine of sitting practices. Once you get used to it, it will become a very normal part of the whole. It takes some time.

You can practice kechari whenever you like. You won't wear it out. On the other hand, be sure to self-pace when signs of overdoing occur. That goes for all practices, and life in general.

Stage 4 is not the epitome. It is something that can be done during spinal breathing and/or chin pump, or not, depending on bhakti. The way into stage 4 is by following the groove over the eustachian horn, as described in lesson 108 and in the Secrets of Wilder novel.

The real benefits of kechari come from developing stage 2-3 as a regular comfortable thing in spinal breathing, however long that is for you, and then letting it overflow naturally (as automatic habit) into deep meditation, samyama and the other sitting practices. Then it all is working together for the 30-60 minute twice-daily routine. Then go out and live your life normally. The blend of good daily practices with normal living is how enlightenment is cultivated. Life becomes so sweet in every way...

The guru is in you.

Last note from practitioner: A little bit of an update -- I spent some time reading a lot of references to kechari on the forum and I appreciate the value of it and benefited by it. It is a good important little or maybe not so little community, eventually I will plug in.

One last thing that I experienced is that while pressing in the middle of the septum in stage 2-3 the septum it seemed to move a bit, having some give and pushing into the septum in turn pushed into the surrounding area initiating an outpouring of blissful energies saturating my being. I think I was on that right spot (secret spot) you speak of as well.

Even now just pressing my tongue in stage 1 kechari I can clearly feel the septum above and corresponding feelings.

I will be moderating (self-pacing).

Kyman

530 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  8:05:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Kyman's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've considered snipping, in a serious way, for the first time recently. My frenum is stretched quite a bit. It has become callused and white, with little bumbs I would call stretch marks. Bhakti has also nudged me into milking the tongue, which seemed to be effective, as there was soreness the next day.

I can push the tip of my tongue into the nostrils, and touch all the areas in the nasal cavity. It would seem the my tongue is not elongated enough to go far into the nostrils. I'm not even sure if I am doing it right to begin with.

There seems to be an awakening of conductivity as I am in this new area, so I don't feel compelled to go farther. There is a definite sense of activation. Kechari feels different on a weekly basis it seems.

I would appriciate anyone's advice.

Thank you

Edited by - Kyman on Nov 19 2006 8:18:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

Shanti

USA
4854 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  8:51:50 PM  Show Profile  Visit Shanti's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kyman

I can push the tip of my tongue into the nostrils, and touch all the areas in the nasal cavity. It would seem the my tongue is not elongated enough to go far into the nostrils. I'm not even sure if I am doing it right to begin with.

I am in the same boat as you.. my tongue is not elongated enough to enter my nostril.
Here is what Yogani said in this thread
quote:
Not to be rushing you to stage 4 (see posts above), but a careful reading of AYP lesson 108 can help when the time is right. It is also covered in narrative form in the Secrets of Wilder novel. The stage 4 technique involves twisting the tongue on its side, top toward the center, by following the groove down with the tip of the tongue from the top of the eustachian tube trumpets on either side of the nasal passages.

I have been practicing trying to turn my tongue inside my nasal pharynx.

quote:
Originally posted by Kyman

There seems to be an awakening of conductivity as I am in this new area, so I don't feel compelled to go farther. There is a definite sense of activation. Kechari feels different on a weekly basis it seems.

There is no rush. In the thread above, on the second page, Yogani and Victor both advice on enjoying stage 2 and 3.. no rush for stage 4..
Enjoy..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000