Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Body Piercings
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Nicole

USA
46 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  4:46:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Nicole's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello

I thought this was interesting and want to know what you guys think…

I went to the (holistic) doctor yesterday. He noticed I had a belly button ring and proceeded to tell me a story about another patient of his that used to have one but took it out because of complications. Not the typical complications having to do with a piercing though. To make a long story short… he was telling me that metal obstructs the flow of energy in the body. So piercings, jewelry, and even (metal) dental fillings have been said to cause imbalances, health problems etc. Is anyone familiar with this theory?
I am not sure if this is related and/or if I am getting caught up in the idea? But I related this to the concerns I have with pranayma. The only area I have difficulties visualizing the spinal nerve and where I feel resistance “passing through” is in the abdominal area, where my metal piercing happens to be. This post came to mind as well: http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....OPIC_ID=1329 (the concerns with pranayama)
*Note: In case you are not aware, metal fillings can be replaced with porcelain. Plastic can also be used if porcelain is not in your budget.
Please share your knowledge, opinions, and thoughts!

Scott

USA
969 Posts

Posted - Aug 13 2006 :  6:50:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Scott's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In my opinion, the energies will learn to flow around the object. It should be no problem in the long term.
Go to Top of Page

sboney

18 Posts

Posted - Oct 10 2006 :  9:15:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit sboney's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
In a prior kriya class our guru suggested we remove jewelry like watches. I looked back at pictures of various spiritual teachers and do not see much if any jewelry.

Go to Top of Page

Doc

USA
394 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2006 :  12:52:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Doc's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Namaste Nicole!

Acupuncture points are specific spots on the body where bio-electrical energy (chi/prana) is naturally stored. Metals are generally very good attractors and conductors of electrical energy, including the stainless steel jewelry used in body piercings. So, when body piercings happen to be located very near or directly on the site of an acupuncture point, and jewelry is permanently left in place there, a sedation effect is most likely to occur which will negatively impact the part of the body where the piercing is located and/or the internal organ functions that the acupuncture point is known to influence. It's a good idea to check out some legitimate acupuncture point charts in order to identify whether your personal piercings are in fact placed at acupuncture points or not. If they are, and you have noticed any abnormal physical sensations or physiological functional changes since the piercings were installed.....seriously consider getting rid of those particular piercings.

http://www.chinatownconnection.com/...repoints.jpg
http://www.tcmstudent.com/images/earacupoint.gif

Hari Om!

Doc
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000