Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Life on fast forward
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2017 :  11:59:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all,

Has anyone’s life fast forwarded ever since practicing pranayama and meditation?

Prior to AYP, I’ve practiced powerful Qigong for about 10 years and gained a lot of physical and mental benefits. I am able to see and transmit Chi to students who practice in my school to help initiate them into their own practice. I can use Chi to clear meridian blockages in myself and others. I can also consolidate Chi into force in combat and dot meridians to stop Chi from flowing in my opponents to temporarily disable them from fighting.

For reasons unknown, I decided to look into Yoga practices. One thing that fascinated me from the Yogic tradition was the use of Rudrakshas. I bought and wore my first Rudraksha from Nepal back in December 2015. I couldn’t believe what I was feeling when I first wore it on my wrist - intense feelings of bliss flooded my nervous system for a good 2 hours. I felt spiritually free practicing Qigong but never this electrifying. I would say that this was my first introduction to ecstatic energy or Kundalini. But I didn’t know what that was at the time.

Over time, I added more Rudraksha combinations to my collection. I currently wear Rudrakshas from 1 mukhi to 17 mukhi. For those that are familiar, each mukhi clears different chakras and bring about certain material and spiritual benefits. You can look these up online. The most powerful Rudraksha in my collection seems to be the 1 mukhi Rudraksha - it’s tiny, like a grain of rice. However, when I first wore it, I felt my crown and third eye being forced open and saw lights for a few hours. My body’s energy eventually stabilized with the Rudraksha and haven’t had any dramatic energy experiences since.

If you read the benefits of Rudraksha, besides clearing chakras, they help awaken Kundalini when you are ready. It should be no surprise that one summer in 2016, energy mysteriously shot from my root chakra to my crown. Slowly but steady, my body adjusted to the awakening. However, I did not feel ecstatic conductivity.

Back in January 2017, my tongue accidentally rolled back to touch the roof of my mouth. Doing so brought brief glimpses of bliss. This brief feeling of bliss was enough of a motivation for me to try reaching as far back as possible. Throughout the month of January, I managed to attain Kechari stage 1. By March, I was in Kechari stage 2 and have been there ever since. I recall my mind and thoughts being very clouded and tired. Fortunately, this cleared in April and I was able to proceed with Spinal Breathing.

Spinal Breathing is the reason why I feel so much bliss now. Kumbhaka certainly enhances it.

With that said, a lot changed in my life this past year in 2017 ever since Kechari. I feel like a lot of karmic obstructions were cleared in a short amount of time. I was able to stabilize with my energy with Qigong practice. But the way I feel and react to the world has changed. My residence and career changed for the better, but way too quickly.

Honestly, it felt like I advanced forward 10 years of my life in the past 9 months. And I am grateful for it.

Does anyone have similar fast forwarding life experiences because of AYP?

Best wishes,
Yogi

Edited by - AYPforum on Sep 17 2017 1:57:49 PM

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2017 :  7:52:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You are a lucky person. Make hay while the sun shines.
My progress is slow and steady like the proverbial, what was that............tortoise
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2017 :  11:10:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome YogiCosmos! You are blessed indeed, no doubt wired for your happenstance. Has your diet or sleep patterns changed this past year, along with everything else? If you haven't already, learn some grounding techniques to incorporate into your everyday, especially after high energy states.

Ecstatic Conductivity was awakened via AYP practices three years ago. While I have not had a full-blown awakening experience, the sense of prana movement within has given me a taste of the Divine, and has made yoga life.
Go to Top of Page

Nirguna

Australia
57 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  01:10:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum YogiCosmos.

Thank you for inspiring me to put on my rudraksh mala again.

No experiences of fast forwardness, more like turtle here, similar to Jusmail. It must be all the cleansing you did previously to lead you to the fast track.

I always wondered if Chi and Prana are the same thing, but reading your experience seems like they are not.

Thank you for sharing your story with us.

N
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  06:38:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogiCosmos,

Welcome, thank you for sharing your story, sounds like good things are happening, I echo Dogboy in his suggesting to keep an eye on grounding and self pace. Sometimes progress can be too quickly, we need some time to get used to the new perspective and experiences.

It is inspiring to read your experiences with rudraksha. I started wearing a bracelet 3 years ago, it was more the name Shiva's tears that attracted me to the seeds than that I knew anything more about them. Shiva was/is my Ishta and the bracelet comforted me. Some months ago it broke and I was like, oh well its okay I don't need it anymore and dropped the seeds in a jar with old beads.

Two years ago I purchased in India a mala of rudraksha seeds but I never wore it, I found it too much and it was hanging around the neck of buddha in my homestudio. Then some weeks ago I suddenly felt attracted to the mala, and am wearing it since every day around my neck or wrapped around my wrist.
It comforts me in a special way. I even prayed last week 108 times a mantra samyama style out of the blue.

Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  12:28:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for your insights.

My diet hasn’t changed that much. Unfortunately, I also continue to indulge in alcohol with my friends on the weekends. The next day, hangover day, the ecstatic bliss disappears completely until I begin to practice Spinal Breathing and Qigong. This is definitely something I look forward to changing.

It’s interesting that no else seems to experience the fast forward. Looking at my Vedic astrology transit, I am currently going through a lot of 8th house karmic transitions so that could be it. I also intuitively feel that by practicing pranayama and wearing Rudrakshas, a lot of my manifesting karma was softened to a certain degree.

If you read Autobiography of a Yogi, Yogananda mentions that exercises like Spinal Breathing evolves you forward by 12 years in one session! Other sources from Hatha yoga texts mention that such pranayama bakes the seeds of karma within you.

For Rudrakshas, I made sure that I bought from an authentic source that also blesses and energizes the beads. My beads were expensive - the higher the mukhi, the more rare and therefore more expensive it gets. 21 mukhi, for example, represents Kubera the God of Wealth, and sells for anywhere between $10,000 to $100,000 USD depending on the size. 21 mukhi would theoretically clear all of your karmic matrices from within your spinal cord and allow wealth to flow in.

It’s amazing when I step back to look at what Hinduism has to offer. This “religion” literally calculates your karmic unfoldment to a scientific precision through Vedic astrology and allows you to soften the karmic unfoldment through pranayama, mantra, deity worship, Shaktipat, Rudrakshas, gemstones, fire rituals, etc.

Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  12:37:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As for Prana vs Chi, I believe they are the same thing. As far as I can tell from personal experience, the tracing of the spine with the mind and coordination with breath during Spinal Breathing is basically advanced Qigong.

In Qigong, we use the mind to direct energy through our meridians or to our internal organs for health and wellbeing. Sometimes, we don’t use our mind at all and let Chi flow spontaneously - this would cause our body to sway side to side or back and forth. By letting Chi flow spontaneously, the Chi automatically flows to areas of the body with low energy or blockages to clear away. It’s a wonderful exercise we practice at the end to clear blockages we may have unwittingly caused from tensing our body or mind.
Go to Top of Page

YogiCosmos

USA
30 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  12:45:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Another area of development I was experimenting on was meditating on a past Guru. This was Swami Muktananda’s method of gaining immense Shakti from his Guru, Nithyananda. I tried it (away from AYP practice) and became overwhelmed with bliss to the point that I thought I was going to get obliterated from existence.

Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  1:57:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2017 :  10:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm never buying expensive beads to clear karma. It's a tangent.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2017 :  02:02:36 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I only have a very cheap rudrakhsa mala, that's why I am not so fast forwarded.....
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2017 :  06:37:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogi Cosmos,

Welcome to the forum, and thank you for sharing your experience. Yah, yoga and meditation definitely have fast forwarded life here. It is like going from hiking to driving a fast sports car.

Edited by - Blanche on Sep 18 2017 07:40:15 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2017 :  1:08:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi YogiCosmos,

Welcome to the forum!! The ride has been heavenly and so has the speed. Lama Surya Das refers to it as the jet fuel. I concur.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000