Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 yoga eye exercises to improve vision
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 15 2016 :  11:52:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi,

yoga eye exercises to improve vision

Does anyone know any more about it? Does it work?

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2016 :  04:23:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did them for awhile, trying to see the aura.
I have sharp vision, had it always, so I do not know if they help for that.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2016 :  1:31:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do you have a link? Was it a book?
Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2016 :  3:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LordBuzzKill:

There is this from Lesson 200, and other instances of improved eyesight related to yoga practices over the years, but no guarantees as the answer explains:

quote:
Q2: My wife has started spinal breathing and the rashes started to subside from day one. Now they have almost faded away. It's amazing how the practices work. Thanks for all your advice.

One more amazing thing was that my wife's sight has improved from using lenses of 2.75 to 2.5 since she has started meditation. She had to change her lenses. I can't stop from thinking that this incident and her practices are related. Does meditation help in correcting physical problems apart from cleansing the nervous system? Curious to know!

A2: That's great news on your wife's spinal breathing and disappearing rash. It is a wonderful practice with many long-term benefits, and one of the most effective internal energy balancers there is. It is the perfect companion for deep meditation. And these two practices together make an excellent foundation for enhancing yoga practices further to transport us quickly and comfortably along the road to enlightenment.

It is not common for yoga practices to suddenly reverse external physical dislocations, such as correcting eyesight. For that reason yoga is not presented as an instant cure-all for everything that can be ailing us. We do yoga for enlightenment, and perfect physical health is not always a prerequisite for that, though overall health will certainly tend to improve as the nervous system becomes purified. There is no question that sudden cures do happen sometimes. Is it the yoga? It could be if the ailment is tied to obstructions being dissolved deep in the nervous system where yoga is working.

Whether or not we are being physically cured, we can be sure we are being spiritually cured through yoga, and that cultivates in us a deep sense of wellbeing that is independent of the condition of the body. Inner harmony always becomes outer harmony, but not always in the way we might expect. Over time, we develop an inner perspective on things that enables us to cope with whatever may be going on in the body or around us, often with laughter. That's liberation.

The guru is in you.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 16 2016 :  7:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogani,

Nice to see you on here.

I am currently practicing Deep Breathing Meditation. Is it ok for me add Spinal Breathing to Deep Breathing Meditation instead of Deep Meditation?

Go to Top of Page

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2016 :  02:13:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I did Yoga eye exercises for about a year and it did improve my eyesight.

Six reps each of looking up then down, left then right, upper right to lower left, upper left to lower right, then in circles clockwise, then counterclockwise.

If you improve the eye muscles, you will see better (in most cases).

Go to Top of Page

yogani

USA
5195 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2016 :  07:33:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit yogani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by LordBuzzKill

Hi Yogani,

Nice to see you on here.

I am currently practicing Deep Breathing Meditation. Is it ok for me add Spinal Breathing to Deep Breathing Meditation instead of Deep Meditation?

From Lesson 367:

quote:
Since we are using breath meditation to find a balance with an over-sensitivity that has resulted in excessive energy symptoms, we should be mindful of the energy implications in many of the AYP practices, beginning with spinal breathing pranayama.

Also, we should be aware that spinal breathing (Lesson 41) and breath meditation are more similar than spinal breathing and mantra meditation. So we should be well-established with breath meditation before we attempt spinal breathing. These are two different practices, involving two different procedures. In this case, both are working with breath in different ways, so we want to be clear about what we are doing with breath meditation before we attempt to add spinal breathing. And there is the energy aspect, so over-sensitive practitioners are advised to be on alert. The same goes for other energy practices, such as mudras, bandhas, kumbhaka, tantric sexual methods, etc.

Those engaged in breath meditation may find a more comfortable path of additional practices leading through samyama, self-inquiry and karma yoga (service), which focus less directly on the cultivation of ecstatic conductivity (internal energy flow), and may be more manageable for practitioners who have inner energy sensitivity already present. These practices naturally expand the expression (movement) of inner silence in our life, and will bring the necessary ecstatic conductivity and radiance along with less risk of energy overloads. Samyama, self-inquiry and karma yoga are also excellent vehicles for surging bhakti, which over-sensitive meditators usually have an abundance of.

Whatever additional practices are undertaken, prudent self-pacing is always the watch-word. Step-by-step. One thing at a time. And be sure to stabilize each practice, or level of practice, before moving on.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 17 2016 :  10:24:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Dennis for the information on the eye exercises.

Thank you yogani. Might as well start with Samyama first.

Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2016 :  05:34:25 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi LordBuzzKill,

Better late than sorry...
The book is called: "How To See and Read The Aura", by Ted Andrews.
Go to Top of Page

LordBuzzKill

Canada
171 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2016 :  12:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mykal K,

I saw that book before. What I am looking for, is eye exercises to improve eye sight. My parents have bad eye sight as they are getting older. Don't remember if that book had anything to just simply improve vision.
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2016 :  06:52:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Do not think you want to give them this book, no.
Just googling eye excercises would give you what you need, I think.
Go to Top of Page

Kentox

India
61 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2017 :  4:23:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Tratka is one of the greatest eye exercises

moon gazing, candle gazing even yantra gazing whichever suits you go for it. It also simulates agna, so you might see strange things.
Go to Top of Page

Druttam0133

India
2 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  03:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Visit Druttam0133's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Mykal K

Do not think you want to give them this book, no.
Just googling eye excercises would give you what you need, I think.

You are absolutely right.
Go to Top of Page

Chard

250 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2017 :  9:58:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've had several eye issues including 2 retina detachments plus having horrible eye sight. I've been told to eat a lot of greens! That's great to hear those ideas though. Have you considered Lasik or PRK surgery? It doesn't deal w root prob but it sure makes life easier when at least you can read the alarm clock without your nose touching the clock!C
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000