Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Morning practice - how much awake?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

vrandy

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  1:43:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
When meditating in the morning, how much "awake" should one be?

My typical routine is as follow: wake up, go to the bathroom, heat up and then drink a cup of lukewarm water, then back to the bedroom and start DM.

Depending on the circumstances, I am more or less awake (physically and mentally) when I start DM.

I wonder if I go into a half-sleep state during DM on some days, and whether that is something I should be doing something about (maybe as simple as splashing some cold water on my face before going back to the bedroom for DM).

If there is a sort of half-sleep-like state, does it make any difference ?

Thanks in advance!

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  4:39:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi vrandy

If you are awake enough to be able to follow the procedure of favouring the mantra and easily going back to it when you realised you've lost it, that will be good meditation.

There will be variations from session to session for all of us - from tired to rested, from calm to somewhat agitated etc. That is not an issue. Sticking to your chosen sitting routine will lead you to progress regardless of these variations.

Enjoy your practice
Go to Top of Page

vrandy

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  12:00:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks BlueRaincoat !
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000