AYPsite.org Forum
 Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 The Holographic Universe
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  04:04:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Recently I was watching series of videos by Stephen Davis "The Holographic Universe(5 parts)".In these videos he talks about the Universe as a hologram with scientific evidences.

In the third video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ah-vvVVgYmA at(1:01:10) he says :"we are not the "consciousness" on the other side of the Field - we are Not our "Higher Self "- the "Higher Self" is Not who we really are and we are Not ever going to be our "Higher Self" no matter how much fasting , prayer,meditation, organic food,or "spiritual evolving we do" we simply can't be."

As much as I've heard about the "Unity" and other related concepts this seems to be the opposite.later on in the video he says that we are just players in this Holographic Universe created by so called "Infinite I" or "Higher consciousness"

what do you think about this?

lateralus

USA
59 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  11:50:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is because if it doesn't fit science's ability to prove it,it isn't possible or doesn't exist. Experience can only be experienced. It can't be measured,quantified,intellectually theorized upon,assumed, etc. Only by going within and experiencing for themselves will the proof they're looking for be revealed. But that would take too much time .

Until then,it's just speculation and assumptions with no concrete,experiential based understanding.
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  8:52:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No one has the whole picture. Our understanding is just a piece in the puzzle.
"learning and that, given my foolish life, I would be wise to follow their example. But education planted a paradoxical and humbling insight into me, leading me to reflect, "Gee, the more I know, the more I know I don't know." Then I encountered: "The larger the island of knowledge, the longer the shoreline of mystery." Indeed! I recognize this"

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Aug 23 2016 :  9:59:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
From Wikipedia on holograms:

"Since each point in the object illuminates all of the hologram, the whole object can be reconstructed from a small part of the hologram. Thus, a hologram can be broken up into small pieces and each one will enable the whole of the original object to be imaged."

Mr. Davis is confused about the nature of holograms. The word hologram comes from "holos", which is a Greek word meaning whole. Therefore, the Ultimate Hologram (God/stillness/Infinity) is able to splinter itself into infinite pieces, with each piece containing the essence of the whole. That is the miracle.

The many are the One and the One are the many.

I took a brief glimpse at his bio on his website, and he has clearly traveled abroad and embarked on some adventures around the world. If he turned that adventurous spirit inward to the realm of interior consciousness, he might get a taste of the vastness within himself. But since he is apparently cynical about practices like Deep Meditation and Cosmic Samyama, he is denying himself the chance to discover his own infinitude, as Lateralus pointed out. Ironic, isn't it?

God doth have a sense of humor.
Go to Top of Page

angeleeyes

104 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2016 :  02:12:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thank all of you for sharing your wisdom with me.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000