Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Being alone in the Crowd
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

UrbanHermit

Portugal
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 25 2016 :  9:10:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi All,

I came to a point in my development where it is becoming very difficult to be around other human beings. I don't know if this is normal, but I think I star to understand those who fell the need to be alone in the mountains or something like that.

I need your help wise people! How can I be alone inside a crowd? How can I switch off the receptors of others feelings and presence?

Thanks.

Dennis

USA
83 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  03:00:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I looked up black tourmaline and it seems like it would be excellent for someone with excessive K problems to help them ground. I wonder why I haven't seen this in the forums as a grounding suggestion?

Do you have experience with it? How well does it work?

Thank you.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  09:10:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi UrbanHermit,

Welcome to the forums! What is you current practice? Are you practicing AYP?

Yes, we go through different phases and they all pass. It sounds like you may be overloading. Your system is out of balance right now. Self pace and ground.

If you can provide information on your current practice, we may be able to tell what is causing the overload.

Edited by - sunyata on Aug 26 2016 09:14:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

UrbanHermit

Portugal
3 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2016 :  9:31:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All,

Thank you for the feedback!
I was indeed getting a bit overloaded... There are times where I like to push more, it's cyclical, but this time it was getting a bit too hard to deal with, but I think it was just what I needed to learn the lesson.

Today I followed the advice of mental japa and came up with a "mantra" that felt soooo good inside: "I have the right to be alone!" and I repeated it over and over again. And it worked! It's hard to describe the process but simply put, my Conception Vessel generated such a tension that kept me shielded.

And yes, grounding is mandatory, always.

I'm vegan and eat predominantly Sattvic foods, but even so I need to drink lots of water to cool down. The overload was being (mostly) caused by excessive Rajasic food in the last days (I'm on holidays).

Regarding my practice: I listen to all but follow no one.
Plenty of mistakes during the path? YES! But I'm the type that only learns after beating with the head in the wall...

Thank you All!

Edited by - UrbanHermit on Aug 26 2016 9:33:50 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000