Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Correct way to pronunciation of I AM mantra
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AdityaGole2016

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  04:47:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
First of all I thank to Dear Yogani and all the respected AYP members for their support and great help towards the path of self-realization for every sincere seeker. I have started doing deep meditation as suggested in the book "Deep Meditation", I just want to make sure that I am pronouncing the mantra in the correct manner. I have found the below YouTube video for the I AM mantra and I chant in the same manner, I request to the AYP members to guide whether this is the right way to say I AM mantra mentally. I will be very thankful for their valuable advice and suggestions.

This is the link, it says like AYAM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gx_UGOnl8cY

Regards
Aditya

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  05:49:43 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Aditya,

Welcome to the forum.

The correct pronunciation of the AYAM (I AM) mantra is given here (with audio), by Yogani:

http://www.aypsite.com/plus/13.html

Christi
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 06 2016 :  06:25:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
And you shouldn't use I AM for chanting Aditya, not if you want to do deep meditation with I AM. Yogani explains this in Lesson 59.

Enjoy your practice
Go to Top of Page

AdityaGole2016

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  03:33:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you very much to both of you for your kind guidance.
Go to Top of Page

MrCuddly

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  5:14:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Not being a plus member is it pronounced like eye yam? Eye em? Aye yahm?
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2016 :  5:19:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
It is pronounced like "I am"
Go to Top of Page

AdityaGole2016

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2016 :  02:51:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi All, is it fine if tongue movement happens while mentally pronouncing the I AM mantra in meditation session? it is happening when I am silently repeating mantra in the mind, any advice and guidance will be deeply appreciated.

Regards
Aditya
Go to Top of Page

AdityaGole2016

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2016 :  07:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more request please suggest the link I posted of YouTube video in that the way they are pronouncing the I AM mantra is it right?
Go to Top of Page

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2016 :  07:58:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
No worries. Let it be
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2016 :  08:09:54 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi AdityaGole,

Yes it is fine if the tongue moves during meditation. There is an energy channel in the tongue and as prana becomes active though our meditation practice, it may cause this channel to activate which can cause the tongue to move in the mouth. At times, the tongue can automatically rise up onto the roof of the mouth, or even further back towards the soft palate below the nasopharynx.

The pronunciation of I am in the video is fine. But remember that with Deep Meditation practice, no particular rhythm is given to the repetition of the mantra. Also, no deliberate pauses are put between mantra repetitions. In the video, there is both rhythm and pauses being used.

Make sure that you let the mantra find it's own speed, it's own rhythm, without pauses, and then let it go as it will, for the remainder of the meditation session, favouring it with your attention, whenever you realize that you are off it.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

AdityaGole2016

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2016 :  09:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks a lot Christi for your kind reply, I appreciate it a lot. I will follow your advice with total dedication.

Regards
Aditya
Go to Top of Page

MrCuddly

USA
43 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2016 :  10:31:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

It is pronounced like "I am"

"I am" can be pronounced in various ways including some of the variations I mentioned depending on region of the country.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4382 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2016 :  06:18:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Mr. Cuddly,

Everyone has a different accent, so everyone will pronounce "I am" slightly differently. Also, when pronouncing Sanskrit mantras, the same thing goes: everyone who speaks Sanskrit has a different accent.

It is not important. However you pronounce "I AM" is fine.

If you are in doubt, then the audio is there as a reference.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

AdityaGole2016

India
6 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2016 :  01:56:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I have noticed when I gently allow mantra to be pronounced in the mind the sound vibrations comes like eye yam as its pointed out by Mrcuddly. As I have understood by reading various posts and Yogani's teaching we just need to gently favor the mantra and allow it to take us in to deeper lever of being. It's the mantra which is the guiding principle here not the way we exactly pronounce it or how much focus we put on it, it's the sound vibration plus gently favoring the mantra which is the key in deep meditation. Please guide me if my understanding is correct.

Regards
Aditya
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000