Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Blockage at Nose
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  09:30:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've learned from experience and also through dreams that I have an energy blockage at my nose, especially in the left nostril. It seems that the muscles in the area are very tight, and the nerves are blocked up. It causes my discomfort at times.

I've been doing Deep Meditation 5 mins and Spinal Breathing Pranayama 10 mins, 2 times most days. With the Spinal Breathing I have been lifting the eyes and have recently added throat constriction on exhale (both from the SBP book).

This practice has helped quite a bit with my nose, as I find that every day it opens a bit more, along with muscles in other parts of my head, shoulders, back, and pelvis.

I'm wondering, is there a specific technique I could use that would increase the effectiveness of opening the energy blockage at my nose?

I have bought all of the AYP Enlightenment Series ebooks but have not read all of them yet. I've read the Deep Meditation book and have read parts of Spinal Breathing Pranayama and Asanas, Mudras, and Bandhas. But it's a lot of content to search so I'm wondering if anyone has ideas for me.

Thanks in advance :)

jusmail

India
491 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  11:37:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can try chin pump or dynamic jalandara banda. Another practice could be bastrika also known as dog panting. Start in small doses as the AYP cautionary flag hints at.
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - May 27 2016 :  4:43:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by jusmail

You can try chin pump or dynamic jalandara banda. Another practice could be bastrika also known as dog panting. Start in small doses as the AYP cautionary flag hints at.

Thanks for the suggestions
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1532 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  01:21:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I note you say you are doing 5 mins of DM, maybe it is a typo? If not, adding chin pump will increase the energetic aspect of an already unbalanced practice. I recommend caution.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  02:55:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can try Nadi Shodana without kumbhaka or retention, and see what this does for you to help opening the nose. Try a few minutes for instance two times a day before practice for some time.

Physically use the right hand (in Vishnu mudra or just as you like) to block 1 nostril at a time - or mentally, visualizing the flow of air through 1 nostril at a time. Do not force the breath, just follow.

For your info it is normal that one nostril is a bit dominant, this will vary every 90 minutes

Edited by - Charliedog on May 28 2016 05:35:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  10:11:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Godslave

I've been doing Deep Meditation 5 mins and Spinal Breathing Pranayama 10 mins, 2 times most days. With the Spinal Breathing I have been lifting the eyes and have recently added throat constriction on exhale (both from the SBP book).

Hi Godslave,

Just wondering the ratio of your energetic practices to DM. Looks like you are doing sambhavi with SB and that's great. Why only 5 mins DM?

Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  11:51:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the comments, sorry I did a typo. I am doing

5 mins Spinal Breathing Pranayama
then 10 mins Deep Meditation
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  1:13:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the suggestions, I hope to incorporate some of these into my practice gradually over time, with self-pacing. :)
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - May 28 2016 :  9:01:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ok :). You have already received good advice from all.

Enjoy your journey.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000