Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Is SBP for me?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Westerner

USA
3 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  4:30:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Ok, I have been doing Yogani's deep meditation for 1.5 years (the past 6 months have been on and off). I use to do self-inquiry (Ramana Maharshi method of tracing the "I" thought) but haven't done it in months. For months now, I have had pulsing on my lower back but I never minded it because I figured it was a light purification symptom from meditating, just how I use to feel the same symptoms on my head. However, for the past two weeks, now I feel strong heating sensations at night and the pulsing is more intense. When it stops it feels blissful like energy is leaving the area. This only happens only at night when I lay down trying to fall asleep.

People are telling me that kundalini has already awakened in me and that I have to accept it/surrender to it. I consider myself to be honest with myself and didn't want to do any kind of yoga practice to awaken kundalini until I am less bound by current "worldly desires", i.e pursuing my career. I have heard that most kundalini emergencies occur because when the energy reaches the crown, the ego is no longer in control and those who cannot surrender to it (i.e those who have strong "worldy" desires).

So here are my actual questions:
1. Is my kundalini "awakened" now to the point where eventually I will eventually have full spontaneous reaction out of my control? Is there anything I can do to stop this? The strange thing is these past few months I've had a heavier diet and I have been weight lifting which are supposed to help grounding.
2. If a spontaneous kundalini awakening is my fate, am I putting myself in harms way by deciding not to do any yoga practices to awaken it "correctly"?
3. I'm very stubbornly scared right now and I'm still pretty adamant on not doing any yoga practices that will awaken this energy. I'm honestly just not ready for it but I do have a question on SBP. I actually do own the Easy Lessons Yellow Book, volume 1 (I just never read past the DM chapters). Is this practice meant to awaken kundalini or just prepare the sushuma /spinal cord for the energy to reach the crown when it does happen. So in the case that I do have a spontaneous kundalini awakening, is SBP my best bet to not go insane when it happens?

Thanks guys.

edit: Oh also, I've come along away spiritually these past 1.5 years but there are still some grudges I am still holding from people who I felt wronged/hurt me in the past and I feel like if these grudges are still being held onto when kundalini awakens, it will cause more problems in regards to worse physical symptoms. Am I right?

Edited by - Westerner on May 25 2016 4:37:01 PM

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  7:08:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I think all spiritual practices will lead to energy awakening. Are you kundalini awakened? I would say no, others may disagree. Is everyone completely free of all tendencies, grudges, etc, when kundalini awakens, I'd say no.

I had energy experiences just doing postures( prior to AYP).

Edited by - lalow33 on May 25 2016 7:09:37 PM
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4378 Posts

Posted - May 25 2016 :  7:18:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Westerner,

Welcome to the forum.

It sounds as if you have read some of the horror stories about kundalini that are available these days on the internet. One thing to bear in mind about these stories, is that they do not represent a typical cross section of the population of all the people who are awakening. In the vast majority of cases, the awakening of kundalini is a much more simple and less eventful process. A gradual opening into bliss over many years. The other thing to remember is that many of the stories of people going through difficult awakenings are written by people who did not have a safe and effective yoga practice in place.

Yoga is designed to purify the body at the subtle level and to prepare it to be able to handle the energy involved in the process of awakening. When we do this, the process of kundalini is an ecstatic one. Spinal Breathing Pranayama is designed specifically to do this and to give direction to the energy within the body. SBP is a root-to-brow practice, so it avoids any potential issues that arise with directly involving the crown.

With effective yoga practices, we remain in control of the process of awakening and are able to guide the energy as the body is purified. It is also not necessary to abandon all worldly desires in order to practice yoga and to awaken the body and mind. What happens, will happen, but abandoning worldly desires first is not a pre-requisite. If it was, not many people would take up yoga.

Our desires may (and often do) change after an awakening, but they change in a way that brings increased joy and peace and harmony into our lives and the lives of those around us.

So all of that is a long way of saying yes, you would do well to take on SBP at this stage and also to release any fears you may have over what may or may not happen.

Christi
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000