Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 up past/at top of head in Spinal Breathing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  1:12:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I find that when I'm doing Spinal Breathing Pranayama, I often have extra breath left to exhale when I'm already at the top of the spine. It's like it's too easy to go up past the curve of my back quickly, and then I'm soon at the brow. I stay there and the feeling almost feels like I'm going up past the brow outwards as I keep breathing in. It doesn't seem to have a definite end...

and I remember reading in either one of the "Secrets of Wilder" or SBP books by yogani that the spinal nerve actually extends out forward and upward past the brow. Is that factual or fiction? What should I think of that?

I've been trying to pace better when going up/down the spine so that I don't go past the top end like that. I'm just wondering, what happens if I keep doing that?

Christi

United Kingdom
4377 Posts

Posted - Apr 01 2016 :  2:43:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Godslave,

The sushumna nadi extends out beyond the brow. That's fact not fiction. So it is fine to allow the attention to be drawn out further than the brow during SBP, towards the end of inhalation, if that is happening naturally.

As for what will happen if you keep doing that, well, quite a few things and they are all good.

Lesson 92 - Q&A – The Star

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Godslave

Canada
108 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2016 :  2:43:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks, Christi. I guess there are more unfoldings and adventures in AYP than I realized. It seems I've only seen the beginning.
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4377 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2016 :  5:59:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000