New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1534 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  02:59:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear JR8036,

You don't need to do it. It is just mighty fun to do it. Don't complicate your already complicated situation right now...maybe at some point in the future.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  07:14:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Sey,

Thank you that is what I needed to hear finally something I don't need to do..lol
That is what I tend to do is over complicate things more than what I need to..lol
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  08:03:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Agree with Sey and good you do as well. Better to get home and come back to the playground, rather than getting lost in the playground on your way home.
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  1:50:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Now, now, Sunyata that is being a bit dogmatic don't you think?

quote:
Originally posted by sunyata

Agree with Sey and good you do as well. Better to get home and come back to the playground, rather than getting lost in the playground on your way home.

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  2:22:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
So-Hi's use of punctuation is improving! Nice to see those commas, semicolons, colons, em dashes, ellipses, and so on...to help the reader take pauses. Ahhhh...the art of sentence construction.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  3:05:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by So-Hi

quote:

Dear So-Hi,

Dogmatic? tsk..tsk..tsk...Please enlighten me how?
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  6:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol don't hold your breath don't have time for fancy.

quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

So-Hi's use of punctuation is improving! Nice to see those commas, semicolons, colons, em dashes, ellipses, and so on...to help the reader take pauses. Ahhhh...the art of sentence construction.

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  6:24:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
,;,.
quote:

quote:

quote:

Dear So-Hi,

Dogmatic? tsk..tsk..tsk...Please enlighten me how?

Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  7:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

Lol don't hold your breath don't have time for fancy.

Fancy!? More like necessary. I find proper punctuation to be as vital as breathing. But then again, I've worked as a professional proofreader and editor, so it's part of my conditioning. To each his own!
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  8:18:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As long as the point got across that is all that matters right? ..lol
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  8:29:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  8:49:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alright, back to work...
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  8:55:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Bodhi Tree

I find proper punctuation to be as vital as breathing.

With such high standards, I may have to stop posting.
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2016 :  11:41:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

As long as the point got across that is all that matters right? ..lol

Very true.

quote:
Originally posted by Dogboy

Alright, back to work...

The irony there is that I'm already at work...taking advantage of my downtime. The majority of stuff I've posted on the forums has happened from my desk at work, as I dodge the eyes of supervisors and feed my hopeless addiction to helping build the empire of AYP.

quote:
Originally posted by JR8036

With such high standards, I may have to stop posting.

Nooooooo...don't let my pretentious snobbery deter you. You must persist and endure, even in the face of brats that obsess over the minutiae of language. You are priceless to me.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  12:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't know if I should post a new post or use my same old one but, here goes.

ok I would like to start on a rant, get a couple things off my chest. Some things I probably should not mention but, i am going to anyway. I would like to start off by saying yes, I know I understand that I had asked for a change and now I believe that I am getting one. Just did not realize how it would change my life and how hard it would be to change.

And now for the touchy subject which is going to be hard for me to say. If nobody wants to comment on it that is fine I understand. But, I am going to call my own parents out. I am not going to go into full detail about this but, I am going to say that I have found enough out about it and no I have not said anything on it yet but, they do not believe in any of this that we are going through. That I am going through. I have not heard dad say specificially but, I have heard mom go on a rant herself saying don't these people know that God is the only way? I am like seriously? Honestly if I had not asked for this myself I probably would be in the same boat and not believe in it. But, now I have no choice. but to believe in it. No I have not said anything about what I have been going through for the fear of loosing my freedom if you know what I mean. Yes I am 36yrs old and and yes I own my own house and live on my own. But, like everybody knows they have the final say so especially if they see me going down the wrong path and I am sure they will try to pull me back.

On another topic, I may jump around on this. I am even hesitating to even post on this subject also. But, I am feeling lost like I have no direction to go to now. I am trying to understand what my energy is telling me what it is saying to me but, I just can't. Maybe it is not even saying anything right now which might be why I am feeling this way. But at the same time I fear I may be loosing interest in this which might not be a good outcome for me. This happens whenever I try something new say like a new hobby that I try out just to find out I have no interest in it. And give up on it. And this is why I get depressed because everything I do it don't matter what it is weather it is my job or a hobby that I want to try, I learn enough about it just to be ok with it but, what depresses me about things is I am not GREAT at anything I am just mediocre on EVERYTHING! And I can't figure out why it is that way!

This is what I don't like about what I am feeling right now like I am loosing interest in "K" but I also feel at the same time in the long run that this is NOT the path to go down. Especially when I try to forget about it and not do a single thing about it. That is when my headaches start to creep back in on me reminding me to get back on the horse again. Telling me not to forget to put that horse back in the barn and don't leave him in the middle of the forest again. (I don't have a horse just a saying I thought I would say).

Just like some days I am in a great mood without a care in the world and willing for this awakening to happen. But, the very next day I am confused about the whole situation wondering what I am doing here and what is in store for me. AAARRRGG!! wtf is up with all these mood changes!? OMG... I want my old life back. I am sure I am leaving some stuff out but, I will just end it here.

Edited by - JR8036 on Jul 03 2016 12:23:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  3:37:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi JR8036,

Are you able to start practices? That's the way to freedom. If not, we may spend the rest of our life going around in circles.

Edited by - sunyata on Jul 03 2016 3:38:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  4:01:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There is no way to achieve greatness other than to first pass through mediocrity. Mediocrity is a milestone on the way to greatness. Greatness is merely the byproduct of depth and devotion in a particular field, even if that field is simply the art and science of Being itself. Therefore, keep walking at an enjoyable pace, and the greatness on the horizon will be reached, without fail, in due time.

Who am I? What am I doing here? What's really going on? Asking these questions with sincerity is the first step, then the specifics become clearer as we investigate and explore the options. To release the questions in stillness will have the optimal result.

Mood changes are like the tides of the ocean...waxing and waning. It's natural for them to fluctuate. To have a bedrock of stillness is what allows one to endure the changes. That is why we cultivate inner silence before actively engaging the energy, so that we are not too off-kilter. Deep Meditation and self-pacing are the key. Sometimes we have to trim down meditation or back off completely, which is OK. The inner guru is perpetually available and being attuned to.

Your frustration is a symptom of your bhakti, which is good. Desire is the essential ingredient for progress. Coupled with vision and action, desire becomes fulfilled.

Recognize the beauty immediately around you, and this can help alleviate the symptoms of dissatisfaction. Life is already a miracle, beyond our personal achievements. This is a reassuring reality to remember. Our personal achievements merely accentuate and affirm what already is.

Just relax a little bit, to balance the bhakti.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  4:38:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Bodhi-

Also,it's perfectly fine to be mediocre. I fall in that category. What matters is freedom that can be experienced through practices. Then we stop defining ourselves and enjoying Life as it is, as ordinary mediocre human being.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  4:49:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Ty bodhi, it's good to know I am not totally crazy atleast not yet?

Sunyata, I drive a truck part time so going around in circles is normal for me

Jokes aside, no I have not my life is everything but a routine schedule? What is a schedule?..lol so i hesitate to try and find something new that needs a routine. What I have been doing is trying my best to ground myself which I have no idea at all how I am doing. Either today or tomorrow I may start on it and see how I get along. Depending on how far I can convince myself to do it so I can push myself farther.
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1507 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  5:17:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lol,JR.

Once the inner lovemaking starts, the rountine schedule becomes extraordinary.But first you need to start your practices, only you can do it.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  6:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Inner love making?

Is it me or everywhere I turn today I am always told I have to learn to love myself?
That was one of the main subjects in church today. Not only that but the topic for this whole month is called fixer upper.

How odd that that is the subject since I started going back to church again. Maybe it is trying to tell me something??

Edited by - JR8036 on Jul 03 2016 7:18:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  8:40:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,

I would not be too hard on your parents. It seems now a days when I sincerely cry out to my Ishta and pray for this and that. My mom calls me saying she feels I'm in trouble. After the fifth time, I can't deny it. My mom is far from perfect( I mean way far from perfect). Life is weird. My mom hears my prayers.
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  8:58:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Lalow,

No no no no... I have not said anything to them at all. I doubt I ever do unless my emotions from this show up on the outside. I still have respect for them and love them even though we do not believe in the same thing.

I was just releasing some stress that was inside of me.
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  9:09:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I understand. We can think this person is less than us( in my case), but my very imperfect mom responds to my prayers( not my Ishta!!!)
Go to Top of Page

JR8036

USA
281 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2016 :  9:24:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
nah..I'm not like that thinking someone else is lower than us.

Although I am still amazed at asking for something as little as a "change" could lead me to this path.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000