Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Balance of Stillness and Energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  12:18:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Is my understanding correct that overload comes from there being too much energy flow without the ,"equal parts" silence or stillness. From my understanding the energy merges with the stillness and this produces amrita, which further increases the energy flow...

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  3:43:18 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Roboto,

The easiest way to think about it, is that energetic overload can happen simply because of too much prana (energy), flowing through the nadis. So even if inner silence is present, overload can still be experienced. Inner silence may make it easier to handle the experience of overload, to "weather the storms" so to speak, but will not necessarily prevent it from happening.

It is not quite as simple as this because "balanced" energy will tend to be less likely to produce energetic overload symptoms. This is why Spinal Breathing can actually help to alleviate symptoms of energetic overload if used sparingly, because it helps to balance the prana between the lower and higher centres.

The merging of energy and stillness will tend to be experienced as unity and as divine love. It may also produce amrita, but this is a slightly more complex process involving brahmacharya, seminal fluid being drawn upwards into the bladder, the merging of soma and other forms of prana in the belly and the higher transubstantiation of etheric fluids in the brain. The production of amrita does not necessarily increase the energy flow further, but it refines it and takes it to a more ecstatic (divine) level. Amrita is a liquid ecstasy of an intoxicating nature which literally drips like honey and flows like water (not at the same time).

Lesson 51 - Pranayama Q&A – Strange gurglings

Lesson 379 - Swallowing Air

Christi
Go to Top of Page

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  11:34:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still trying to find stable or balanced practice.. For me, when I am empty of food, I feel the most at rest, when my energies aren't interfered by food, stillness seems to grow deeper, and if the energy flow before was causing overload, it begins to smooth out and become absolutely divine. But as soon as I eat, it becomes chaotic... So I'm slowly becoming less and less of an eater, simply cause food causes me problems, not just energetic, but physical and mental as well.

If I could give up food all at once I would, but I appear to get weaker , and maybe that's just temporary due to toxins. It seems I still need some food but am slowly moving into a minimum intake ( although I love eating and will still overeat sometimes) .

When I am empty for a number of days Rigpa becomes allot more stable and it seems the amrita cycle happens with less resistance
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 22 2016 :  11:49:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Christi

Amrita is a liquid ecstasy of an intoxicating nature which literally drips like honey and flows like water (not at the same time).

Better than anything that can be bought in a store or sold on the black market! Pure, organic essence!
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4379 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  03:19:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Roboto,

Yes, food in general can be a disturbance, both the energy that it produces and the energy needed for digestion. This is why we always aim to practice before meal times, so that there is the least disturbance from food. The calm and peace that is experienced from not eating, is one of the reasons that fasting is a spiritual practice. Eating less, is also a form of fasting.

You will become weak though after a few days, or after a week or so, from not eating, which is caused by the lack of calories. If it was caused by toxins, then the sensation of feeling weak would subside once the toxins were cleared out of the system, but that is not the case in my experience. You may also find that you start to feel euphoric.

Even if you are fasting for periods of time, it is also good to eat to support the body and to keep it strong and healthy. Otherwise it will slowly waste away. Prana from food is also one of the ingredients in the production of amrita, mixing with prana from air in the belly and the soma from sexual fluids coming up from the bladder.

It sounds like you are doing well.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

Blanche

USA
859 Posts

Posted - Feb 23 2016 :  08:04:22 AM  Show Profile  Visit Blanche's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by roboto212

But as soon as I eat, it becomes chaotic... So I'm slowly becoming less and less of an eater, simply cause food causes me problems, not just energetic, but physical and mental as well.

If I could give up food all at once I would, but I appear to get weaker , and maybe that's just temporary due to toxins. It seems I still need some food but am slowly moving into a minimum intake ( although I love eating and will still overeat sometimes) .

Hello Roboto,

If food feels so destabilizing, I wonder if you are allergic or simply experience difficulty digesting some of the foods in your diet. You might want to keep a journal for a couple of weeks. Write what you eat, how much, how you feel after you eat, and how you feel 2 hours after the meal.

You might discover that you have a sensitivity to gluten, or dairy. Sugar and sugary things could create "storms" in the system. Nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, eggplant, pepper) seem to interfere with vitamin B absorption, which is involved in dealing with stress. Also, if you diet is not diverse or not nutritious enough, you might feel unsatisfied and tend to overeat. If your body needs meat, eat some meat - organic, grass-fed is better. Dalai-Lama eats meat. If you eat raw food, you probably do not get enough nutrients, so switch to cook meals. A short raw diet is great for purification, but it would not work for maintenance and building up.

The advice of Ayurvedic medicine resonates true to me. A whole-food diet works well for the yogis I know. My diet has evolved over the years, It has changed - and I expect it will change again. If you have troubles eating, it does not mean you should stop eating, but you should find out what you need to support you body and mind and spiritual practice.

Let us know how you are doing!
Best wishes.
Go to Top of Page

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2016 :  7:25:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Holy moly I cannot eat fruit anymore. Intense intense overload symtpoms with fruit, and this didnt use to be the case, as ive lived on a 80/10/10 style diet for years, but lately its like frying my nervous system... When I am more empty the energy flow is very balanced and amrita cycle is happening very enjoyable... as soon as I eat fruit, its like the energy becomes electrifying and feels like my little nerves going "ahhhhhh!" and next day I feel like they physically have to recover.

Also I dont feel good eating cooked carbs really, and fat... basically anything. I did notice the other day that sprouts like sprouted peas and lentils had a neutral, almost positive effect on my body.... I basically feel best when empty... and the more time goes by and more empty I feel things just feel better... Its like food causes chaos and it takes hours or even day to return to feeling relaxed.

If I could make just not eating a lifestyle I would. im not sure really as havent tried it for more than a few days. Food is just too complicated now days

Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2016 :  8:58:20 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi roboto212,

had similiar difficulties with food and it has shown, that less or slow carbs work best for my body. And to the observation here it is this way for most of the bodies, as the human system did not eat carbs the way it is available and consumed today.

Try to eat more vegetables, salads, nuts, seeds and protein-rich foods. Try fruits only in combination with the other ones. Your body should love it and function stable and healthy, as it did the last 10 million years.

Other than that, peace and happy practice friend :)
Go to Top of Page

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Mar 09 2016 :  10:59:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you for the recommendation on slow carbs... I have this idea that salads with like sprouted quinoa would be ideal, if I do need food, along with non sugary fruits like cukes and tomatoes...

Go to Top of Page

roboto212

USA
56 Posts

Posted - Mar 11 2016 :  3:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does physical food really need to be in the belly for amrita process?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000