Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Other versions of Spinal breathing, which is best?
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  1:03:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Get a Link to this Message
Some Taoist Central Channel breathing practices focus on breathing from above the crown and down into the belly, Lower Dan Tian.

Why is this not better then from third eye or other version?

I've experience directly that enlightenment corresponds to the 3 dan tians and not necessarly the chakras. Even entering into Oneness via the heart transcends the chakra system.

Then there is Oneness with Being/Absolute, which is in the lower belly, lower dan tian. This also transcends Oneness itself. Doesn't really get deeper than that.

Here's some instruction for how Taoists do spinal breathing via above the crown to belly:

" . Then sit still and breathe naturally, letting the abdomen expand and contract with each breath. However, instead of focusing attention on the flow of air through the nostrils, focus on the beam of energy entering the crown of the head at a point about two inches above the hairline, called the 'Medicine Palace'. Feel the beam of energy flowing in through this point as you begin each inhalation and follow it down through the Central Channel into the Lower Elixir Field below the navel, then follow it back up the Central Channel and out through the Medicine Palace point on exhalation. The sensation at the crown point is most noticeable at the beginning of inhalation and the end of exhalation and feels somewhat like a flap or valve opening and closing as energy flows through it. There may also be feelings of warmth, tingling, or numbness in the scalp, all of which are signs of energy moving under the scrutiny of awareness."

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  2:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

riptiz

United Kingdom
741 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  3:10:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit riptiz's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
The method taking the energy upwards is the fire method and is also taught in Taoism, bringing the energy down using cosmic energy is the Taoist water method. The fire method is considered more unstable because one is not meant to be grounded but like a pot boiling until you reach boiling point.Bear in mind Taoism does not use mantras for meditation but is similar to mindfulness.Using mantras generates a lot of energy for purification.
L&L
Dave
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  4:09:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by riptiz

Hi,
The method taking the energy upwards is the fire method and is also taught in Taoism, bringing the energy down using cosmic energy is the Taoist water method. The fire method is considered more unstable because one is not meant to be grounded but like a pot boiling until you reach boiling point.Bear in mind Taoism does not use mantras for meditation but is similar to mindfulness.Using mantras generates a lot of energy for purification.
L&L
Dave

well that just got more confusing. Both methods make senses, fire and water. But then there are teachings of boiling the water with the fire in the belly so the steam rises up and etc etc....things start to get really crazy
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  4:41:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Beetsmith,

The reason we practice Spinal Breathing between the root and the third eye, instead of going up to the crown, is because it is a lot safer. The crown is a very unstable chakra and using it as one of the focal points for spinal breathing can lead to a premature kundalini awakening.

There are many warnings given about this in the main lessons as well as lessons on how to manage the opening of the crown when we are ready. Going to the crown too soon or incorporating it as one of the points involved in Spinal Breathing Pranayama can lead to a very bumpy ride, or worse.

See here:

"So don't shift your spinal breathing to the crown. It will not be stable, even for advanced yogis and yoginis. Just keep going with third eye to root spinal breathing, deep meditation and all the rest that has been given, and all the openings will continue to progress rapidly and smoothly, including at the crown." [Yogani]

From

Lesson 199 - Managing the opening of the crown

You may also find these lessons useful:

Lesson 201 - Q&A – The drama of a premature crown opening
Lesson 208 - Premature Crown Opening and inner energy collisions causing strong emotions

And this forum topic:

Root to Crown Spinal breathing?

In general, although the chakras and other energy centres in the body are involved in the process of enlightenment, enlightenment is about more than that. Purification of the body happens along the way. Gradually we are coming more and more into the witness and from there to unity and divine love. So it is important not to get the horse in front of the cart by going to the crown too early.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  4:47:19 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Beetsmyth

Thank you for this. Being very sensitive, most practices cause overload. But this is doing wonders for me so far, after only a few minutes. I will experiment a few minutes a day and see if it still doesn't overload. Kundalini energy seems to be more and more with my crown chakra. There's tingling and a sense of itching there. I've been reluctant to make adjustments, or interfere with the energy, as it appears a bit unstable at this point. The method you've described is very gentle in winding down the excitation as well as relieving a slight itch. Which feels delightful. The crown chakra energizing which I've had lately is a little uncomfortable, but not at all unbearable. The Taoist breathing technique you described feels nice like a massage for the crown. It also feels kind of bubbly, balancing, effervescent, and nourishing Sort of like a bubble bath for the brain? lol. Has anyone else had that kind of experience? I like it but will self-pace for a week or two and see how it goes. Thanks again.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

beetsmyth

USA
104 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2015 :  5:44:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit beetsmyth's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

Hi Beetsmyth

Thank you for this. Being very sensitive, most practices cause overload. But this is doing wonders for me so far, after only a few minutes. I will experiment a few minutes a day and see if it still doesn't overload. Kundalini energy seems to be more and more with my crown chakra. There's tingling and a sense of itching there. I've been reluctant to make adjustments, or interfere with the energy, as it appears a bit unstable at this point. The method you've described is very gentle in winding down the excitation as well as relieving a slight itch. Which feels delightful. The crown chakra energizing which I've had lately is a little uncomfortable, but not at all unbearable. The Taoist breathing technique you described feels nice like a massage for the crown. It also feels kind of bubbly, balancing, effervescent, and nourishing Sort of like a bubble bath for the brain? lol. Has anyone else had that kind of experience? I like it but will self-pace for a week or two and see how it goes. Thanks again.

love
parvati

Hey PArvati,
Glad you like it. I trained with some enlightened Yogis in the Himalayas, some who were non-traditional and incorporated Taoist practice and learned that if there is ever any intensity of energy anywhere, Crown, 3rd eye, Heart, it can all very easily be grounded by breathing deeply into the lower belly (lower dan tian)

This is why the Taoists do Crown to belly because the belly is the portal to absolute beingness, the ground of reality and all can be grounded and smoothed out in that portion of the body.

I found in my late teens when I was in stressful situations before ever knowing about any of this, I would spontaneously take deep breaths into the belly and just feel myself there and energy there, which helped to go through whatever work/relationship/life stuff I was going through.

The lower belly also has a door to the other side of this manifested reality. In Zen its called breaking the bottom of the bucket, or something like that. There's also a black light there, its the void.

Anyway, I think I will combine the two, knowing that I have the belly for being grounded and see what happens and report back. Glad you like the post.

Sending Love!!!!
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2015 :  10:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Beetsmyth

Please forgive the lengthy explanation .. no claim to enlightenment here, just a nice experience that might somehow be related to it.

Not sure if these results are from the Taoist breathing practice you described. However, they are different from anything I've had before. Could be a coincidence. Doing it 4-5 minutes daily for 3 days now. The experience below has now happened about 4 times. I can't recall if it happened prior to this breathing practice. At any rate, the Taoist technique seems to be bringing it on with more frequency and greater clarity.

This is the most remarkable thing. It is not like samadhi at all. What particularly impresses me is that it is absolutely mundane, ordinary kind of experience. No ecstasy or bliss, at least not the kind I'm accustomed to. And the only appropriate description is that it seems extremely precise, like hitting the bulls eye on a target. I've heard the true definition of sin might be missing the mark (as in failure to recognize/ be the true Self). There was no missing with this, it was accurate and right in the center. It felt more right and more true than anything that's ever happened, while simultaneously nothing special other than the bullseye thing.

Peaceful yes, but the word peace doesn't begin to describe this. It is so beyond peaceful it is invincible, like nothing could possibly touch this state of consciousness. It is extremely powerful and yet subtle, rendering any distraction null and void. Although there isn't anything especially interesting or noticeably pleasurable, it is definitely very comfortable and (for me) even better than samadhi. (Samadhis have invariably left me craving more; there is no craving for this.) It feels right, true, natural, my real Self. Perhaps it is the novelty, the newness of the experience that causes me to pay close attention and take it all in like a deep breath. Yet it feels extremely familiar at the same time. I may have been saying hello to my true being. Oh another way of describing it - like a kite that has lost its tether. And this tetherless kite may be my first conscious experience of moksha, or rather an integral part of moksha. This is a complete experience of being carried by the divine. Nothing to do but relax into That.

Then my consciousness gently swings back to normal again. In the normal state, I feel ungrounded, but it is as though my body-mind-spirit complex simply re-orients and re-sorts itself skilfully, effortlessly, nearly automatically. So whenever this happens, it feels well...it feels more than nice, but there is no missing it when it goes away because there seems to be absolute surrender and the regrouped consciousness that follows is just as nice, but in a different way.

The peaks of this experience could be what some people are calling enlightenment. And for them, it may simply get deeper and deeper. That must be true. But also, there is this distinct impression of surfing a wave, or the wave surfing me. The peaks of the wave consist of this special experience, the bottom of the wave consist of re-grouping and re-grounding. But the total wave with the surrender and adjustments - it is that bending and flowing and surfing which is felt as liberation ... surfing the total wave. It's the totality of everything. Not simply the clarity and precision of the special moments (the peaks), but the surrender and keen awareness and adjustments characterizing the entire wave. In other words, it is the skill and dexterity of effortlessly surfing the entire wave which may characterize enlightenment. The ability to effortlessly make these adjustments is called 'just being'. The reason it's effortless is because once the resistance is gone, all we are is beingness.

During the past 3 days, there has been a more consistent endeavor to remain present in the moment, so not a second of this extraordinary experience is missed. The last time it happened, it was realized about 5 seconds into it. It is so gentle and it comes on like a whisper, just creeps up so softly, that my awareness has to be super keen not to miss it. But I'm onto it now and doing my best to stay sharp so as to remain present with it. In order to not miss any of it, there has to be nearly continuous presence, or perhaps vigilance ...keeping a lookout and being prepared to make the most of it.

Now here is what happened the last time. Something was going on in my environment that had me subconsciously angry. I wasn't aware of the anger. Then the peak experience happened and lasted for perhaps a minute or two. Then the resorting process. It was during the resorting and regrounding that the anger was recognized. But before it was recognized, I remembered a mental note. I had told myself there was some forgiveness work needing attention. So I recalled that note, but couldn't remember what exactly required forgiveness. Then as the resorting progressed, a blanket forgiveness was felt. It was then that I could feel the anger, and I could also feel it dissolving. Once it had dissolved, my ground was back. It was like something magical happened.

This may sound slightly crazy and terribly indulgent, but posting on the forum is one of the best ways for me to get a grip. This whole process was virtually effortless. For a good portion of the past 15 years I've been concerned (freaking out really) about the terrible pain that one must go through in order to release all our blockages, purify and open enough for liberation/ enlightenment. But this whole thing just happened spontaneously. It should be noted that nothing on the path has been spontaneous until now. Dealing with my spiritual arrogance at the 3rd eye was the most difficult thing I've ever done. It may have been a dark night of the soul.

I do think the Taoist breathing technique is helping. Oh and the blue hum. After reading about it I couldn't help trying it out a bit (maybe one minute). It is actually an Om-Ah-Hum meditation. Om in crown, Ah in throat and Hum in heart. Om is white, Ah is red, Hum is blue. You can probably find it online.

Could this be approaching the final stage on the path? When the wave flattens out, in other words, when the distance between the peaks and valleys of the wave are so slight as to be virtually non-existent, perhaps that is moksha. When the adjustments are so minute, perhaps there is no more pull to incarnate. Yes, one final thing. I have not for one second in this life been without intense bhakti longing. But when the bullseye experience engulfs me, there is no longing and no searching. It is everything, complete. Even when it is not actively upon me, it is still in the background like a hum. And if one is really quiet, maybe one can learn to be with it, while it is in the background, in the passive (bottom) phase of the wave. The reason I posted here instead of enlightenment milestones is because it is felt that your Taoist breathing practice was instrumental in bringing me to this point. ..

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2015 :  09:34:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by parvati9

Hi Beetsmyth

love
parvati

Hi Parvati,

The symptoms that you are describing here are early symptoms of the activation of the crown chakra. When the crown is in this state, it is quite delicate and any over-doing at the crown can lead to negative effects.

Don't forget that with yoga, there can be delayed reactions to practices, so just because something does not produce a negative reaction now, or within a few days, does not mean that it won't further down the line. Recovering from an over-activated crown chakra is not much fun and can take a while. So be cautious in how you approach the crown, especially in the early stages.

In lesson 199 there is a process of testing, where we can come to know if we are ready to be working at the crown or not. The process takes many months and we need to proceed in small steps.

When the crown is starting to activate, involving the crown in our practices can feel euphoric, as you describe above, which is why we can be drawn towards it and why it can be difficult to take a cautious approach over working there.

Going gently, early on, can save a lot of wasted time later.

One of the reasons that Yogani advises people not to include the crown in Spinal Breathing, even for people who are advanced in their practice, is because it is more important to be purifying the third eye and strengthening the root-to-third-eye connection. The ajna chakra gives us an element of control over the energies at the crown, if they begin to become unbalanced and unstable, as they often can do during the purification of the crown chakra. If the root-to-third-eye connection is maintained and strong, we can easily redirect energies to the ajna chakra, if they begin to become unstable higher up. Sambhavi mudra can also be used to help in this way.

The opening and purification of the crown is a process that takes many years. So it is good to have a well thought through and tested approach that is going to work over the long term.

You may find this lesson helpful:

Lesson 287 - Crown Strategy and Kundalini

Christi
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2015 :  11:12:54 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Christi

From Lesson 287 "The best crown experiences are the ones that have gone to dissolution into pure bliss consciousness, without negative after-effects. This indicates body-wide purity." Intuitively it is felt that the experience I described above is prior to, and preparation for, what is said in this quote. In other words, moving in that direction but not there yet, and proceeding slowly with caution. Symptoms of tingling and itching at the crown are fairly recent. Compared with previous kundalini symptoms, they are mild. My endeavors have been aimed merely at paying attention, remaining quietly alert, and especially at keeping them mild. What is being experienced is somewhat comparable to "dissolution into pure bliss consciousness" except there isn't much bliss. That is surely where this is headed, but every attempt to go as slowly as possible is being made. It's not like there's a race to be won.

Thank you very much for taking the time to respond. Being quite oversensitive, it's become habitual to continually be aware of the necessity to self-pace. Interestingly Yogani says (same lesson) "...sometimes bhakti itself can use some self-pacing". So my bhakti is presently a fraction of what it used to be (sedated; no longer raging). I'm very much tending to see this as a good thing. At present, there isn't much longing to go fast on the path. Now is a time to stop and smell the roses, to shore up serenity and inner silence. Feeling comfortable with myself and my life. Not exactly shouting to the universe "Bring it on" but nevertheless confident that whatever happens can be handled with grace and abiding presence. And a positive attitude.

Something that perhaps needs clarification. In the above post, the word spontaneous was used as a synonym for effortless. That may have been an error. My k awakening was spontaneous in the sense that nothing was consciously done to induce it. However, the awakening has always demanded active engagement (the opposite of effortless). What is happening now is akin to being delivered to the edge of a lake of bliss. All I have to do is jump into it. I'm not doing that just yet. As you say, it may be a long time before that will be a prudent course of action.

With gratitude and respect

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

Christi

United Kingdom
4380 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2015 :  12:09:00 PM  Show Profile  Visit Christi's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parvati,

It sounds like you are taking a prudent course of action, which is wise.

When there are sensations at the crown, these sensations are indications that there is still purification to be done in the rest of the body. In other words, the lower 6 chakras still need work. When the whole body has been purified to a large degree, the sensations at the crown stop. The sensations of itching or tingling, the swirling sensation above the head, the rising petals and the sensation of the up-turned bowl, all come to an end as the work of purification is largely done. One of the few sensations that continues, is the dripping of amrita. This feels like oil, or honey, dripping out of the open crown. Even this becomes increasingly refined, becoming more like a stream than individual drops of liquid light.

Good to hear that your bhakti is no longer raging. You will need a cool head for the next stage on the path.

Christi
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Dec 12 2015 :  9:44:58 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Christi

love
parvati

edit/unnecessary comment

Edited by - parvati9 on Dec 13 2015 10:22:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2016 :  4:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
~ three months later ~

Summary of previous report which required shortening. Over the past year, been going through a rough patch with the last three months more of the same. After more or less giving up the search for enlightenment, it sadly appeared that the spiritual path had come to a deadend. For about a year, navigating the waters of life have often seemed hopelessly beyond my capabilities. And my normally reliable confidence was slipping a notch. However the challenges also forced resourcefulness and the utilization of previously untapped strength. A very positive and welcome transition. For the most part, self judgment has been replaced with a kind of amused detachment, and fortunately bhakti has quietly returned. Still working on the tmi thing: too much information. As is often the case, this report has been edited for brevity. Still learning that less is more ..

There were consequences from the Taoist Central Channel Breathing Practice three months ago. Most of them immediate, some ongoing, nearly all have been delightful and subdued. On the path, a new foundation is under construction, one considered to be based far less upon attachment and aversion, and more on acceptance of whatever the universe offers. Whatever life brings is a gift, no matter how it may look on the surface. This is ongoing, a major and warranted adjustment as purification and blockage removal commences.

The discipline was cultivated to self-pace and take a break for three months, just to be on the safe side. Therefore it felt like the right time to cautiously resume the Taoist breathing practice shared in this thread. Because it produced such positive results and seemed perfect for me. So it was tried for only 30 seconds a few days ago. Nothing much happened except that once again it felt great, better than anything experienced prior to using the technique. Following a brief rest, it was tried again. This time after about 10 seconds, my awareness drifted away, and there was no recollection of what transpired after that. Felt like purification was commencing, so the practice stopped as care was taken to avoid overload.

Intuitively it feels like the crown has begun opening and there is of course concern that it be handled wisely. This is obviously the point at which caution is most advisable. Where the practice had previously been empoyed 4 or 5 minutes daily for 3 days, that appears to be too much. 30 seconds twice weekly will suffice for now, and that will be sensibly paced as needed. This is a marvelous technique but as usual, oversensitivity is demanding appropriate self pacing. My routine is still one to two hours daily breath meditation, in which nothing is done to interfere with the breath, it is simply observed. Well suited to my temperament and has caused no issues whatsoever.

In closing I would like to express heartfelt gratitude to Beetsmyth for introducing this incredible technique and immense appreciation for Christi's wisdom as well.

love
parvati

Edited by - parvati9 on Mar 14 2016 9:29:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2016 :  8:30:07 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Sitting in mud is grounding

Thanks for sharing; provide links to those other threads you mentioned?
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2016 :  9:38:33 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Dogboy. The previous unmodified report was 12 paragraphs of repeatedly sitting in the mud, it needed shortening. Can you please locate the subforum on Building a Daily Practice with Self Pacing? It's not too far down. The topic is called "Ailing Bhakti and Spiritual Apathy". Too lazy to provide link ..

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2016 :  9:51:24 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi pavrati,

Crown breathing, even if it's down will activate the crown. If it's not already opening or needs some balancing, I'm going to add my caution to this thread.

You've been through a lot! If breath meditation is stable, stick with it. Be cautious with this practice. Pretty please.

The crown can become a constant supercharged vacuum on your head if you are not careful and very, very grounded.

Edited by - lalow33 on Mar 14 2016 10:00:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2016 :  10:16:39 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Lalow

Thank you sincerely for weighing in and anyone else wishing to do so, your contribution is very welcome. The crown was already activated because there were symptoms. My limited experience with the practice is that it is very gentle in smoothing out some blockages. Before employing the technique three months ago, there was tingling and slight itching at crown. Ever since doing the breathing practice at that time (documented above), there has been no sensation at all with the crown. Intuiting/ guessing here that this is the beginning of crown opening. Thanks for your concern

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  3:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
On 12-15-15 ... It was posted in the Ailing Bhakti and Spiritual Apathy thread that tingling and itching at crown were gone but there was still a feeling of energy gently percolating there, which was a nice experience. I had forgotten about this because it was very mild and pleasant, so it wasn't a bother. As recalled it subsided and vanished within a week.

For various reasons, it is believed that if what is going on here is indeed a crown opening, it is not premature, but rather is progressing in an orderly fashion, right on time, and with no major issues. However maximum caution still seems to be the sensible approach. If this ride can be self controlled, and I believe it can to a certain extent, there will be no hesitation to apply the brakes as needed. Allowance will of course be made for delayed effects as well. One additional thing to mention is that all my life I've been prone to visions. Perhaps 2 or 3 per year. Since 6 years ago, when kundalini awakened, there have been no visions at all. There is wondering whether they will resume with the k energy movement into crown. It seems a good idea to remain neutral on this possibility.

My inner guru led me to try an undoubtedly safer practice this morning which generated a rather powerful sense of wellbeing, harmony, peace and compassion. And that was a lovely surprise as there wasn't much speculation about possible results. I've not consciously heard of this before, so it was maybe something my creative mind thought up to try. Or maybe I read about it somewhere and don't remember where. Sensations of peace and serenity were felt most during the practice, but remained for a little while afterward as well. While doing it, an unmistakable body memory was detected that this exact visualization is a familiar practice enjoyed in past lives. Because it felt so familiar and comfortable, it was engaged for about an hour this morning. With breathing through the lungs providing oxygen to the body, this practice (seemed to be) providing nourishment to the soul. Which was certainly appreciated, given the challenging past year. It also felt solid and splendidly grounding.

It was imagined that the lower belly dan tien was breathing, in such a way that breath was visualized going specifically into the dan tien (not the lungs). Each inbreath going directly into the dan tien, and each outbreath exhaled through the dan tien. As there was no conscious intent about results, what spontaneously occurred was pretty cool. The inbreath brought nourishment, while the outbreath expelled impurities. Thus it felt like a cleansing and purification procedure. Really nice. Stress was expelled through the dan tien as well, which provided relief from a portion of tension accumulated in the past year. Has anyone heard of this before? I'll wait awhile before trying it again. And will wait a couple weeks before trying another 30 seconds of the Taoist Central Channel Breathing.

love
parvati

edit/ correct typo

Edited by - parvati9 on Mar 15 2016 3:40:48 PM
Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  4:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Parvati9 when it comes to the crown I think you are doing just fine. It is in the teachings of AYP to be cautious with the crown but it is also in the teachings to listen to the inner Guru and it appears you are doing just that.

Lalow33 has something to say about the vacuum effect and if she would speak more on it I would read with interest what she has to say as I too have known that effect and not just for short durations but years at a time.

In fact it is with me right while typing this now but it has long since ceased to be of any concern.

One can learn to live in the crown undoubtedly but one may also learn they have work to do below as well so both are good in balance and what Christi says about Ajna is not to be ignored.

Bravo Parvati9 and thank you for sharing.

Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2016 :  6:58:26 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
That's great it's working for you. I've been on this board for quite sometime. I wish for you to experience perfect peace. You've had a bumpy ride.( me, too not as much as you)

The crown suction can make you kooky.

Yes, So-hi, it was more than a year. It's hard to really listen to someone when they are talking when you are being vacuumed out of your body. Or function in a reasonable way. But what happens is what happens and you deal with it.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2016 :  01:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the feedback Lalow and So-Hi, much appreciated There is one concern that outweighs the rest. For 10 years recreational drugs were used almost daily, overall moderate usage - marijuana, psychedelics and a few miscellaneous others. The inner guru is (I think) suggesting continuance of the dan tien practice begun this morning, advising that it will help cleanse the crown chakra of drug substances, residues resulting from their prior use. Also counseling this practice works well in conjunction with delicate crown openings because body-wide impurities (including 3rd eye and crown) are neutralized and/or expelled through this part of the body.

It will make for an easier, more refined crown experience, strengthen the nervous system, and create a stable grounded safety net or support system in preparation for the crown opening. Also that after engaging the practice for a month or two, the poisons will start to be eliminated very rapidly. The body has to slowly work up to that. And once 90% of toxins are expelled, the OP's Taoist breathing technique will not have adverse reaction. However best to proceed slowly. (This intuitively derived knowledge amazes me!) Felt more relaxed and grounded today as the self-designed dan tien practice apparently complements, and is compatible with, constitutional sensitivities.

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  11:18:28 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Charliedog

Could you explain how to do the hara breathing? Thanks for the comment ..

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  1:03:05 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Saint Pat's Day Report

Yesterday the new inner guru inspired 'lower dan tien (LDT) practice' was limited to 7 minutes. In retrospect an hour would have been preferable, for grounding purposes. After enjoying 40 seconds of OP's central channel practice a few days ago, there has been strong desire to continue with it. (The central channel practice has a rather seductive appeal, which is flashing red lights and blaring sirens.) Inner guru intuitively indicates to wait on that til rudimentary proficiency is established with the new LDT practice, and more Qi is stored for grounding. Even with 30 seconds, it is advisable to have sufficient (or surplus) grounding for counter balancing the central channel practice.

However, this is what happened yesterday - despite good intentions. Due to going through The Presence Process, there is a bit of experienced clarity in tracking previously unconscious behavior. And I 'caught myself' unconsciously engaging the OP's central channel practice at least three times during the day. It engaged automatically unbeknownst to conscious awareness. Having become slightly proficient with TPP, more attention is paid to feelings and comfort level. When the comfort level abruptly skyrockets, and I start feeling really great for no apparent reason (just short of euphoria), something is going on. Especially since there have been scarce feelings of joy this past year, let alone near euphoria. Staying with that indeed revealed the self sabotage. Yeah, I was doing the central channel practice UNCONSCIOUSLY. Whoa. So the brakes were applied. No idea how long it was going on. But with catching the next two times, there is fair degree of certainty it ceased within a few seconds.

After doing the central channel practice 3 months ago, I had firmly convinced myself that it wasn't like a samadhi, due to the noticeable absence of ecstasy and bliss. And so there was no craving for it. WRONG. This was clearly deception and self sabotage. Which should have been apparent when a few days ago, after only 30 seconds, I felt almost euphoric, although it didn't last long. Well, this is a very tricky business, the ultimate in spiritual challenges! When the crown is showing signs of readiness to open, we had better cultivate total radical honesty and a disciplined (if not strategic) approach. It isn't my intent to frighten anyone. Once on the other side of this crown awakening, a more pragmatic wisdom can be applied. But for now I want to be super clear, absolutely no nonsense, about the necessity to cultivate an abundantly slow cautious approach, and suggest the same to anyone finding themselves in a similar position.

My new intuitively inspired dan tien practice was engaged for an hour, or slightly more, this morning. And there is absolute certainty that this practice is strengthening my ground, reliably storing Qi, and reducing the draw of the central channel practice. A lovely side effect is that the gentle joy that was with me for a few years (nowhere near euphoria) seems to accompany this practice ... albeit more subdued, grounded and stable. This is the first time in over a year there is absolute certainty that my path is back on track. Gratitude abounds while remaining present. No expectations regarding the future, except for commitment to radical self honesty

Thanks to Yogani, Christi, Lalow, and the inner guru for their profound wisdom and insight, and for my taking the time to really, really listen

love
parvati
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2016 :  8:54:50 PM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Had very good day, which was a relief. Wondering if attraction to the central channel practice is in some way related to purification of drug residues. As there seems to be a kind of intoxication (unlike ecstasy or bliss) with the practice, similar to the buzz I used to get from drugs. It is wanted very much to be rid of these drug residues. The sense with the LDT practice is these residues are being removed in a safer manner, with no accompanying intoxication. Therefore nothing much to trigger drug memories. Inner guru has possibly substituted a safer practice to accomplish the same purification. Felt peaceful and relaxed most of the day, also grounded and stabilized at a slightly deeper level than previously known.

The sense of well-being is palpable. It may be reasonable to assume these positive effects are associated with the LDT practice. Haven't found it online, but there is no shortage of information (and misinformation) about the LDT. It is believed that my intuitively derived practice is quite ancient, and possibly an effective one for providing relief from (at least) some types of imbalance and overload issues, particularly those involving the crown chakra. Why do I say that? Because my body knows that the lower dan tien is drawing energy off and away from the crown, while not stimulating it. Breathing through the LDT, or attending from the LDT, provides a counter weight, or counter balance, to fly away and run away energy anomalies in the crown.

love
parvati

Go to Top of Page

So-Hi

USA
481 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  09:27:27 AM  Show Profile  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Charliedog this is very bad advice you have just given. Let me explain why.

If anyone attempts to follow this advice then you are courting disaster with premature kundalini awakening.

In Zen they call many of the things that people encounter with this practice Kensho it is also not uncommon for people to experience debilitating Spontaneous premature arousal of Kundalini.

If not full blown then partial, if not partial then too much pranic release which will damage the nadis and it will damage an unprepared body.

I know from having it happen; this exact practice. Not fun when you can't walk. Do not attempt this. Fair warning.

Charliedog these practices are meant to be done with the assistance of a master, they are also done in the context of a community and a culture that understands them. If you have issues without this you are going to wind up in the hospital or a psyche ward. I am not trying to be a jerk but this post has to be replied to very seriously.

This is a prime example of too much internet information and too little context. Stick with AYP, Yogani has not formulated these practices for sharing on the internet the way he has by accident.

quote:
Originally posted by Charliedog

Hi Parvati,

Hara comes from Japan martial arts. Like 5 centimeters below the navel in the middle of the body inside. They call it the powercentre. Power of life.

Just be there with awareness is enough. Keep the awareness in hara, while walking, biking, doing whatever you do gives strength and energy. For me it is also means stabilizing and grounding. I use it also if I have to be in a very busy area, with many people around.

If it is not easy to keep awareness there, you can use the breath as focus point in hara, but the breath will follow your awareness automatically it is a not-doing.

No thinking, just be in hara.

Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2016 :  11:22:09 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Get a Link to this Reply
Is that so So- Hi ? I am very sorry, I never heard of problems with hara, only strength and energy. It is not pranayama, only awareness.

I did not learn it from the internet, but from my teacher, which I see and know as a wise yogi, with much experience.

I will remove it ok, don't want to harm anyone. Maybe you can remove this too.
It was my reply on this quote from Parvati.
This is exactly the same, except the terminology.

quote:
It was imagined that the lower belly dan tien was breathing, in such a way that breath was visualized going specifically into the dan tien (not the lungs). Each inbreath going directly into the dan tien, and each outbreath exhaled through the dan tien. As there was no conscious intent about results, what spontaneously occurred was pretty cool. The inbreath brought nourishment, while the outbreath expelled impurities. Thus it felt like a cleansing and purification procedure. Really nice. Stress was expelled through the dan tien as well, which provided relief from a portion of tension accumulated in the past year. Has anyone heard of this before?

You are right let's stick with the lessons of Yogani here on the forums.

Edited by - Charliedog on Mar 18 2016 11:36:09 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000