Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Kechari Mudra stage 1.5
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Seeking13

USA
1 Posts

Posted - May 02 2015 :  6:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello forum, I love you all. I have been studying this Forum and website since beginning my yoga journey and I need your help.

I have been practicing kechari every day for a couple of months now. I can get my tongue behind my soft palate no problem but when m it reaches the elastic band it seems like the opening is to small. So for the last couple of days I have been pushing this band down as it seems very tight. It is working and stretching it and I don't want to force my tongue in there. I was just wondering if anyone had ran into this problem or had any advice. I know that self pacing will open it eventually but I just wanted to hear some other opinions. Thank you.

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - May 03 2015 :  05:30:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Seeking13, love to you too!...and welcome.

Besides the ecstatic energy aspects of kechari mudra it is after all a mudra, a physical positioning. And like asanas it can just take time to condition the physical to new positions.

So Seeking13 like you I was stuck there at the "elastic band" for a long time and it took just daily practice to progress.

With meditation and spinal breathing the energy parts of kechari can get dynamic but some of kechari is just physical practice. That's how it worked for me anyway and I stick my tongue in my nasal passages now no problem. You're making a sustained effort and you'll get there too for sure!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000