Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Perception of Others
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  10:24:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi all,

Have any of you felt that others were more receptive to your presence since you began the AYP practices ?
Please, do not laugh, but I noticed that the other sex (women) seem to be much more alert of my presence. A friend of mine confirmed this sensation to me too (he's aware of my practices and noticed).

Of course, one will say that women are more sensitive/intuitive than men thus could feel more energetic auras ? Or that I am more relax so maybe more displaying alpha male behavior... but I do not think it is the case (I spare you the reasons why).

But the real deal for me in this post is : Did any of you now have a different perception which leads you to be able to identify high-energetic profile individuals among a crowd, so potentially other yoga practitioners ?

And maybe have mutual recognition as such and who knows... silent dialogue between your consciousnesses ?

I am often wondering if I would one day be able to find another "me" this way... because I am quite alone in this respect (of spiritual research).

Flat4Wagon

Canada
9 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  11:04:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I haven't noticed a difference after a year of AYP. I feel sensations and emotions but I can't say for sure if it's other people around me or just myself.

When I first started these practices I had high hopes of being a walking beam of sunshine and that everyone would bask in the glow of my loving aura. Now I'm just glad to have a good day and a smile on my face.

Edited by - Flat4Wagon on Mar 30 2015 11:05:46 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  12:41:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Apkallu

I can tell from experince there are very visible external signs of effective yoga practice.
Years back when I first started yoga, I was going to a class (one of those rare ones that taught meditation and pranayama as well as asanas). We were a stable group and quite a large one (at least twenty people who attended regularly). One year to 18 months into this course, I was seeing clearly how people were changing physically because of the practice - more confident and open posture, brigher eyes, better skin. They were developing real charisma. They were also warmer and more self-confident when interracting with others.

So it's not at all surprising people are noticing changes in you. It will only get better with practice. Enjoy!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  3:56:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Apkallu
I am often wondering if I would one day be able to find another "me" this way... because I am quite alone in this respect (of spiritual research).

Hi Apkallu

I went through a stage when I was actively looking for, as you say, another "me." That was around year 2000. I never really found anyone to satisfy that particular longing, and eventually quit looking.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  4:08:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Every now and again I get a "thrill" from someone's presence, like a bubble of bliss had popped in my torso. Is it me or them or the intersection of the two? Stay tuned...
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  01:59:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Oh yes. I often have people beam at me but that may be because I am beaming at them

And yes, people who meditate have a stillness about them. You get easily spot them.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  02:36:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes I do, also that has stages. There was a time I fell in love with everyone I looked in the eyes. Did not know why then, but that was soon after my k awakening.

At this moment I recognize directly, no words needed. Kind of resonance, a twinkling that I feel.

Go to Top of Page

Apkallu

France
108 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  05:34:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by BlueRaincoat

Hi Apkallu

I can tell from experince there are very visible external signs of effective yoga practice.
Years back when I first started yoga, I was going to a class (one of those rare ones that taught meditation and pranayama as well as asanas).

Thanks for the answers to all of you.
It helps a lot !

Indeed, I have been looking for a yoga class and my impression is that most of them are gymnastics only !
I mean, there are very few classes where you can attend I would say a basic yoga practice (such as asanas, and especially pranayama and medidation). Samyama is unknown.

So, most of yoga practitioners are only doing asanas, a few are doing some meditations per week.

A friend of mine who attended yoga classes for 23 years never experienced prana. This is a business (expensive fees) for many (not all of course) yoga teachers and my impression is that either they do not know so much or just want to keep the interesting stuff for themselves to keep their clients for long...

Thus, I was thinking that we are very few doing so intense/complete yoga practices, even in the (european/american only ?) yoga community.

On the other hand, I have heard of two people being very advanced in that path, one of them (buddhist) being even able to levitate (the father of one my girl's friend). Strange to have so advanced people not so far away from you

Edited by - Apkallu on Mar 31 2015 05:45:34 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  06:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
This is a business (expensive fees) for many (not all of course) yoga teachers and my impression is that either they do not know so much or just want to keep the interesting stuff for themselves to keep their clients for long...

I think there are very few yoga teachers who know lots of advanced techniques.

The class I mentioned above is a good example. It supplied me with enough knowledge to progress for a couple of years. After that the lessons got to the point of integrating sexuality with yoga practice, and that's when disaster struck. Because they were lacking advanced techniques to sustain their progress, they relied on sex. Which lead them into promiscuity. At that point students were dropping out like flies. Not only I stopped going, but I threw out even the meditation technique I learnt there (I wasn't sure I could trust it). So the intentions were good, the teachers didn't intend to hold any knowledge back (perhaps they should have done ) but the knowledge was insufficient. I'll be forever grateful to them for showing me what yoga was - i.e. not just asanas - but the method was not for the long haul.

We are indeed so lucky to have all this knowledge at our fingertips, freely available. AYP is a rare treasure trove. I still have to pinch myself sometimes to check I'm not living in a dream. The day I first flicked through Volume 1 of the AYP book was a bit like stepping into a dream.

Edited by - BlueRaincoat on Mar 31 2015 06:51:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  09:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

quote:
This is a business (expensive fees) for many (not all of course) yoga teachers and my impression is that either they do not know so much or just want to keep the interesting stuff for themselves to keep their clients for long...

I think there are very few yoga teachers who know lots of advanced techniques.

I agree with you Blue Raincoat, I am testing this, and sometimes ask questions to colleagues to find this out. Not every yoga teacher is advanced in all techniques.
At this moment yoga is trendy but (not always) very physical. Almost acrobatic in my opinion. Healthy, sporty, trendy.

At the same time Mindfulness is trendy, mindful thinking.

The real traditional Yoga is different, reaches another level.

I teach traditional yoga, and I must say that I never speak about for instance tantric feelings or kechari in my lessons, I teach them asana, pranayama, pratyahara, meditation, and tell about prana, nadi, yama, niyama etc.

Imho students are at the level they are and the experience has to be theirs. Students do yoga sometimes for relaxation, not really knowing what they are doing. Most of my students once a week......not giving themselves the time to really dig in. If there comes a question about the more advanced techniques, then I will answer. I will do that one to one, not in a group.
I have a reason for this and you experienced that reason.
I hope time will change this.

Edited by - Charliedog on Mar 31 2015 09:24:09 AM
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  10:56:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You must have a wonderful time at work Charliedog!

Yes, students' expectations are important - if all they want is fitness then that's what they'll get. There is opening with practice too - it's like in school - you have to learn arithmetic before algebra can make sense, right?
But it's also important not to go blatantly against social norm. I mean, it's one thing to say that energy can be taken away from reproductive sex and used for other purposes and quite another to tell couples (some with young children) that monogamy is a hindrance on the path. The latter is irresponsible IMO.
Go to Top of Page

Ecdyonurus

Switzerland
479 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  11:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The latter is bullsh*t, Blueraincoat!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  1:10:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:

But it's also important not to go blatantly against social norm. I mean, it's one thing to say that energy can be taken away from reproductive sex and used for other purposes and quite another to tell couples (some with young children) that monogamy is a hindrance on the path. The latter is irresponsible IMO.

Agree...

.......and yes I love my work and I love my own practice, this is not at the same level and that is fine.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2015 :  3:46:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Since I've experienced arousal via AYP practice, my asana classes are fantastic! The energy is rhythmic and assists in the best possible expression of the pose. I frequent two teachers, a male and a female. Each radiates so strongly, (again, is it me or them or the intersection of the two?) atop of my prana arousal, I always forgo meditation on class day, less I find myself in danger of overload.

Edited by - Dogboy on Mar 31 2015 4:35:45 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000