Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Ascending vs decending energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2015 :  08:06:50 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I found some interesting articles about which route might be more safe.
Sri Aurobindo always described his experience as descending:
https://auromere.wordpress.com/tran...-experience/

From my experience the rising energy has caused me more trouble than it was worth it.
It might be different for other people.
http://myawakeningjournal.com/2011/...i-aurobindo/

EmptyPint

Canada
1 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  03:04:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Have you looked into Hakuin’s butter pill meditation? It's another good descending practice.
Go to Top of Page

Sparkle

Ireland
1457 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2015 :  11:28:33 AM  Show Profile  Visit Sparkle's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jean

Very interesting stuff, thanks for posting it.
In my early years I drew down energies in the form of the Holy Spirit, or Holy Ghost, and Jesus, Mary etc. I experienced these very strongly as beautiful energies.

These often landed in the heart and then I could also allow emotions etc to ascent from the heart upwards and become transcended.

My issue with this as a stand alone process is that it seems to be possible to have blocks in the lower chakras whilst experiencing wonderful top energy descents and descents. In the West there seems to be a classical blockage around the middle of the body and this can take some unblocking.

It may explain the uncontrolled behavior of many priests and nuns and monks in their various sexual misconducts. Having a "high" spiritual life whilst being blocked down below, leading to addictive sexual behaviors.

Having said that, I would guess that energy rising in the form of kundalini can lead to just as much trouble with addictive behaviors relating to the "pleasures" associated with same.

In my experience, no matter what system one uses or happens upon the big important part that is an essential part of it is quality inquiry. Life is one long inquiry and what ever system one uses it needs quality inquiry to make it real.

My 2 cents
Go to Top of Page

jean

Germany
107 Posts

Posted - Apr 04 2015 :  06:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks Sparkle for your insight

One thing I noticed the heart is the most important thing to nourish.
When the heart is weak, the energies in the body can become pretty chaotic. The heart harmonizes the energy flow.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000