Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 What just happened to me?!,, is it Kundalini??
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kimberly22

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  8:07:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, I hope someone here can help me understand
whether or not Kundalini has awaken or maybe just partially. Long story short. I have been on my Spiritual journey for about 8 years and although I have discovered may gifts, nothing like this. I didn't know much about Kundalini until this happened. It seemed to start with a deep inner inquiree about 'what is my lives purpose'? Anyway I fell asleep with that question and woke with a dream that almost seemed to command me to end a relationship and stop drinking alcohol. Neither of which has caused any series issues but always been there since childhood. The feeling of fear, paranoia, and urgency was SOOO huge and also came with such intense waves of energy from my root to my heart. I kept waking up in the night. for 3 days it was so intense and it was all I could do to controll my tears. I almost ended the relation. I have been practicing Bikram yoga for about a year, and have Reiki 2 cert. I also had a large sexual energy and after the worse part i got waves of bliss and depression. this lasted on and off for about a week and now i have felt normal for about 3 days. I am SOOO afraid to do yoga again because I have read that this energy can cause insanity if aroused when one is not ready. Any input would be so much appreciated. Love Kimberly

Edited by - Kimberly22 on Apr 02 2015 8:36:39 PM

Anthem

1608 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  9:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly22

Hello, I hope someone here can help me understand
whether or not Kundalini has awaken or maybe just partially. Long story short. I have been on my Spiritual journey for about 8 years and although I have discovered may gifts, nothing like this. I didn't know much about Kundalini until this happened. It seemed to start with a deep inner inquiree about 'what is my lives purpose'? Anyway I fell asleep with that question and woke with a dream that almost seemed to command me to end a relationship and stop drinking alcohol. Neither of which has caused any series issues but always been there since childhood. The feeling of fear, paranoia, and urgency was SOOO huge and also came with such intense waves of energy from my root to my heart. I kept waking up in the night. for 3 days it was so intense and it was all I could do to controll my tears. I almost ended the relation. I have been practicing Bikram yoga for about a year, and have Reiki 2 cert. I also had a large sexual energy and after the worse part i got waves of bliss and depression. this lasted on and off for about a week and now i have felt normal for about 3 days. I am SOOO afraid to do yoga again because I have read that this energy can cause insanity if aroused when one is not ready. Any input would be so much appreciated. Love Kimberly

Hi Kimberly,

Sounds like kundalini. I doubt such a thing would have happened for you if you weren't ready. You don't make any mention of having forced things in any way, so seems like the timing of this occurring is a natural part of your path.

It's common for fear, other emotions and sexual energy to come up when the inner energy starts to move. Just be gentle with yourself, be present and enjoy the experience. Thoughts of "not being ready" or "energy causing insanity" are just thoughts that can only exist if believed in. Keep calm and carry on as they say. You may want to consider some meditation if you don't already.

All the best!

Go to Top of Page

technoyogi

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - Apr 02 2015 :  9:44:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit technoyogi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Does seem to have the hallmarks of Kundalini. What you want to look into is the grounding techniques to start getting things under control. Here are all the different lessons on this site that deal with Kundalini in one way or the other, have a quick skim through them and see what applies and what you can do to slow down symptoms.

Kundalini - 54, 63, 64, 69, 83, 85, 91, 94, 113, 125, 129, 135, 149, 169,
170, 191, 199, 200, 201, 208, 216, 253, 261, 280, 287, 297, 304, 318, 320, 331, T70, 378, 379, 381, 406, 407, 409, 410, 422

I have not dealt with a Kundalini overload, but here are some things I have read might be helpful as grounding activities:

Epsom salt baths
Self pacing - scaling back on energy practices
Asanas - light stretching, not the heavy effort ones
Physical exercise/motion/rebounder/walking,jogging
Getting out in nature, feet on grass kind of thing for literal grounding
Lower carb diet - ketosis? Stabilize mind by not having insulin spikes…
Massage
Service to others
Mindful breath meditation (vs. say doing more intense meditation like mantra)
Balance the Doshas through Ayurveda
Long daily walks with a balanced mind
Tai Chi
Heavy diet during periods of high Kundalini

Hope it all works out well for you!
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  02:22:13 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kimberley,

Welcome to this forum. Can you tell more about your spiritual journey, for instance do you meditate ?
From my own experience I know the overwhelming energy and the feelings of chaos inside, not knowing were to go and what to do with all that issues that come up.
10 years later I know also from experience that you don't have to be afraid, kundalini is your own energy which will help you to purify. It brings issues up that you hide for yourself. When brought up, that is the moment you can deal with the issue and let it go..... Let it be there and feel it, do not hide it again. See it in the face. It"s not always easy, but if you let it happen, without worrying and thinking to much it can be a beautiful journey. Important is that you take time for yourself, rest, and a simple practice.
Here on this forum you can ask your questions, and in the lessons of Yogani you will find all the information you need about the process.
I wish you a smooth journey without to much worrying, it is worth it that's for sure.

Edit: What me helped in daily life, I worked alone much of the time by then and slow music helped me to bring down my rapid heartbeat.
If there was an issue that I could not get out of my head, I wrote it down in a journal. That helped very much....
Exercise in nature....
And if it is all to overwhelming go out, seek company and serve others.....

Edited by - Charliedog on Apr 03 2015 05:09:00 AM
Go to Top of Page

Kimberly22

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  06:05:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all for the replies. I do some meditating, have tried mindfulness and "I am" I do t do it often enough but I try to practice mindfulness when ever I think too. I have received inner guidance while meditating and in dreams but nothing compared to this! I also follow a mostly raw diet have been doing that for about a year and a half. I have been doing Bikram yoga which is pretty intense and was only doing it for a good workout because it just makes me feel very good. But now I am afraid that it is a little bit too much?
I am very glad to have come across this website, but I am not sure how to find local people to connect with who have had this experience. I did call one Kundalini yoga studio and they never responded to me. I will try that again. #128151;kimberly

Edited by - Kimberly22 on Apr 03 2015 8:08:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

Kimberly22

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  06:25:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by Kimberly22

Thank you all for the replies. I do some meditating, have tried mindfulness and "I am" I do t do it often enough but I try to practice mindfulness When ever I think too. I have received inner guidance while meditating and in dreams but nothing compared to this! I also follow a mostly raw diet have been doing that for about a year and a half. I have been doing Pickrum yoga which is pretty intense and was only doing it for a good workout in because it just makes me feel very good. But now I am afraid that it is a little bit too much?
I am very glad to have come across this website, but I am not sure how to find local people to connect with who have had this experience. I did call one Kunda Leny yoga studio and they never responded to me. I will try that again. #128151;kimberly

Oh and also,, what about Reiki? I am attuned to level 2 just recently,, during the whole episode as a matter at fact, does Reiki help with balancing chakras? I have read to stop doing it and also to do it. Same with yoga. There's Just so much conflicting advice.
Go to Top of Page

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  10:13:46 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kimberly,

In my opinion you have kundalini awakening and it is not easy to find local people to connect.
Inner guidance is what you need, but sometimes the energy gets so high that you need self-pacing. You need to balance. You also can find this in the lessons.

You can try to find a good local yogateacher, with his or her own experience in kundalini but that is also not always easy to find.

I don't know enough about Reiki or Raw food diets, can not advise you in this.

Best is to stick with one practice, if you choose for instance AYP, in these lessons you will find all you need to know, and you can ask questions here on the forum.
My advise, take time to read the first lessons and eventually start your practice.

If you feel that your Bikram yoga is to intense at this moment, perhaps you can try different teachers and classes and other forms of yoga. Feel what the effect is on you, so you may find a yoga class thats suites you at this moment.

Go to Top of Page

LittleTurtle

USA
342 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  1:38:00 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Best to eat a more grounding heavier diet for the time being. Avoid doing asanas and Reiki or any energy work as well until you can feel more grounded and in control. Begin reading the lessons here, they have lots of info and a practical way to deal with this energy. Kundalini awakening can be terrifying and become a vicious cycle. Focus on your work and service and get out in nature a lot.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2202 Posts

Posted - Apr 03 2015 :  4:11:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Like Charliedog mentioned earlier, Kimberly, the kundalini within you is your kundalini, and when aroused is yours to learn from. Most days it feels like a glowing ember in my torso, and when aroused with gentle, directed attention, guides me along my path.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000