Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 does Kindalini go dormant?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Kimberly22

USA
5 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2015 :  9:13:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello, i wrote a few weeks back about what I believe may have been a kundalini experience, and most who replied seemed to agree. Anyway it was a scary experience, life changing. I felt schizophrenic and had I stayed in that state, I would have checked myself in for help. I will say though that there were also moments of bliss mixed in but the paranoia, fear and intense energy was awful. It has made me re-asses my current relationship though, which I believe was its intention,, so I guess its doing its job. Anyway my question for anyone who may know is,, how often does the kundalini "surge". I have been feeling normal again for about 2 weeks and finally went back to yoga (was to scared to stir it back up) The whole thing was extremely intense for 3 days and then became less and less over the next 4 until it was gone. Im wondering if it came back,, can stay like that for long periods? does it come back differently each time and how often does it awaken? I would love to hear how often and for what kind of duration it shows up for you. Thank you all. Kimberly

Charliedog

1625 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  09:13:08 AM  Show Profile  Visit Charliedog's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kimberley,

Kundalini, your own energy shows you what you hide, it can be scary, loving and powerful, all at the same time. It guides you, if you listen.....
If you felt it, you will never forget, and if you do yoga and meditation, it will show up again definitely.
My experience with the energy, it never left me, in the beginning it was chaotic and powerful in me, I did not know how to handle the issues that came up. Yoga and meditation helped me to find my way, bring balance in me. This is not an overnight process, it is a spiritual journey which never ends. A beautiful journey, which will bring you love, strength and inner sensuality.

Read for instance Lesson 69 of Yogani.

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2015 :  3:51:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
As you stay with practice, as you build your divine vessel, the energy will "normalize" over time. In high energy states and once you have some inner silence, you can surrender to it and ask of it "what am I to learn here?" and see what your guru advises. It is my belief that kundalini is assisting in the construction, and preparing us for greater things.
Go to Top of Page

parvati9

USA
587 Posts

Posted - Apr 16 2015 :  11:53:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The intense phase of my kundalini awakening occurred a few years ago. I'm not sure the word dormant is accurate in my case. I'd like to provide a metaphor or analogy to the initial phase of k awakening. In a sense, our bodies are like vehicles.

When you turn the key to start your vehicle, you hear the cranking as the engine is turning over....then the cranking ceases and the engine starts purring (running smoothly). Now you're ready to start driving the vehicle. So let's say you want to get on a freeway. You enter the onramp and begin accelerating. Kundalini definitely accelerates, over time, once it awakens. The beginning of awakening is similar to turning the key and activating the starter of your car. It is a bit rough and cranks.... prior to the engine actually starting. Once the engine actually starts, it is more or less self perpetuating... you don't have to do anything to keep the engine going... it keeps itself going.

The initial cranking stage of kundalini awakening can be perceived as unpleasant. In my opinion this unpleasantness is mostly due to experiencing something with which one is unfamiliar. Because it is unfamiliar, we question it and when we receive no satisfactory answer to our question, we begin to become afraid. We may say - what is happening to me? I can't explain this...I'm afraid.

K may attempt to activate several times before it becomes self-perpetuating. This would be like trying several times to start your car. It may take several attempts before the car actually starts. But once it does start, it is self maintaining.
Some people believe that kundalini can become dormant, after it has awakened. I do not subscribe to this belief. In my experience, once k awakens, a switch is turned on and it will never again be off. However, it may appear to subside... like an engine so quiet you hardly know it's running.

Kundalini activitation may be seen primarily in terms of blockage removal. When it first begins to activate, all kinds of blockages are encountered... which will eventually be broken down, dissolved, and removed. When we resist this blockage removal or purification, it appears that we experience discomfort, distress, or pain. In my perception, this discomforting experience is mainly due to our resisting the purification which the energy is promoting.

Therefore for me, the kundalini doesn't go dormant, once it awakens. However, it may take several "crankings" before it is definitely awakened.

Hope that helps.

love
parvati

Go to Top of Page

jacquic

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2015 :  05:04:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Kimberly,

I experienced my own kundalini awakening experience earlier this year, and it was totally life changing. I completely understand what you have written here. My experience was also scary. And I do recall being worried that the intensity I was experiencing would never go away, I had no idea when I would feel 'normal' again.

That was in January. Since then, my marriage has ended, and although upsetting, it has given me a chance to breathe, grow, change, be happy, create, make new plans, do new things. Change life direction. It just happened so incredibly quickly. Have faith. Whatever happens in your life now, know that it is in your highest good, it is what you need.

I have had many surges of kundalini energy since then. At first I was apprehensive of them, but now I just accept them and I find that the more accepting I am, the less scary or intense they are. But yeah, surges can happen. For me, not as intense as my initial experience but some have still been up there. I was also worried about stirring the energy up again, but the more you experience it, the better equipped you are to handle it. :)

I found peace with it, in knowing that kundalini is me, and I am kundalini. It is the energy of this body. It is the spirit of this body. I decided to let go of 'control' and put my trust and faith in kundalini, because she is me and I am her, and she works for my very highest good.

For what it's worth, I found that the more intense kundalini surges came after a sort of retreat from the energy itself - a break from spiritual practice… perhaps in trying to avoid stirring it up, it creates a blockage which is more intense when it does get to release.

I also find the energy very powerful - when I rises, I generally feel the need to move, any kind of movement, just move. I've found myself doing what I can only assume is yoga poses and moves in the middle of the night (I've never been drawn to yoga), and during daylight hours I will do work in the garden as a preference, as it is grounding and moving the energy at the same time. You will find what works for you as you go.

Just some thoughts from another one going through this at this time. Wishing you much love and light.

Jacqui
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000