Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 To be or not to be .
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2014 :  1:50:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
On this path of yoga the path of union ,enlightenment ,doubts arise ,if I believe what I know is true then all seems right ,but a background impression lies at points of the practice and outside of the practice whether this is just another play of life not a real divinity that resides within but another imposter ready to take on the role of the yogi the seeker the inner silence .There is a greater reality but from our limited view sometimes the way may be as unreal as the forever changing view we perceive as non real. To be a yogi or not to be is the question but then what else is there ,surely my doubts are there for reason ?

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2014 :  3:44:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Kumar

Some doubts are normal at the beginning, as you don't have any knowledge on which to base your assessment of yoga. Any valid knowledge can only come through direct experience - there is hardly any other way to get an idea of what yoga can do for you.
For this very reason, it would be wise to withhold judgement and do some solid practice for at least 12-18 months. Then you may be in a position to at least begin to compare life with yoga and life without.
Be careful not to fall into the paralysis by analysis trap. Yes, Hamlet is the perfect example - he ended up achieving nothing.

If on the other hand, you have been on the path for some time and still don't see results, perhaps your practice needs a look over.
Best of luck
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2014 :  4:26:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thankyou for the reply so true my practice is very young maybe 2 months in total twice daily dm plus sb I love the scenery and possible doubt when I see or feel none , my desire is for more but poco a poco great to be able to chat with other yogis fellowship is important many blessing kumar
Go to Top of Page

Bodhi Tree

2972 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2014 :  4:58:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Bodhi Tree's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
The knowing is in the knowingness, and the knowingness cannot be grasped as an object, but rather merged with as a state of being. In becoming, we know through experience, as BlueRaincoat said.

I love metaphors. One metaphor is to imagine if you are standing on the edge of a lovely pool under a waterfall. Maybe you could study the pool from the outside, but until you jump in, you won't know what it feels like to be swimming with it. With yoga, it's about getting glimpses, or splashes of water, in gradual increments. So maybe a better metaphor is I have to wade into the water, gradually acclimatizing myself to the new element. Then it's not so shocking or dramatic.

Godspeed!
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2014 :  5:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I find I let my heart take the wheel in times of uncertainty. I have recently acknowledged an ishta; when I see and offer up to my ishta in the silence, the doubts melt away in the physical sensation of bubbles.
Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2014 :  08:52:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
thankyou all my opens as i hear your voices of reaasurance.
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2014 :  7:25:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I find I let my heart take the wheel in times of uncertainty. I have recently acknowledged an ishta; when I see and offer up to my ishta in the silence, the doubts melt away in the physical sensation of bubbles.

. Thank you so much for sharing this, Dogboy. It makes my heart sing.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2014 :  9:28:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Kumar,
I agree with what everybody else said. The mind cannot answer the mind's own doubts, like a dog chasing its own tail. After doing your consistent yoga practice, over time, the experiential knowledge will fill your heart and mind and then it will be, as you said, "what else is there?"
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000