Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 Greetings!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mithko

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  02:39:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hello all, I'm a new member and very appreciative of the resources and teaching this site offers. I've meditated occasionally over the past 25 years without much focus or structure. After discovering this site in 2012 and practicing for around three months I let it go until about a month ago. I'm practicing DM and SBP mostly twice daily and have had some feelings of vibrations, energy, etc but also have been feeling more connected to others, relaxed and just more natural if that makes sense. Nothing dramatic but enough of a difference to notice. I pretty much never post in forums but I felt compelled to do so in this case as I'm excited about establishing a solid practice and interacting in these forums.

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  03:39:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Mithko

Sey

Go to Top of Page

maheswari

Lebanon
2516 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  03:50:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  06:23:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
I'm practicing DM and SBP mostly twice daily and have had some feelings of vibrations, energy, etc but also have been feeling more connected to others, relaxed and just more natural if that makes sense. Nothing dramatic but enough of a difference to notice.

You are progressing nicely! Welcome!
Go to Top of Page

bewell

1275 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  10:42:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  10:46:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome Mithko,

It only gets better from here!
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  11:54:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum Mithko!
Sounds like you're making good progress. We don't want it too dramatic
Keep it steady and keep us posted
Go to Top of Page

mithko

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2014 :  11:28:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for all your replies and encouragement. What a great little community there is here at AYP.
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2014 :  2:15:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi, and welcome
Yes, definitely share any thoughts you may have!

love light
Go to Top of Page

gardensky

Christmas Island
3 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2014 :  3:38:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome!
Go to Top of Page

rce

USA
50 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2014 :  7:21:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit rce's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome mithko! I am glad you are here.
Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2014 :  01:04:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
welcome, mithko!
Go to Top of Page

lalow33

USA
966 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  8:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forum! I hope you are still around.
Go to Top of Page

Blaskhyrk

Germany
15 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2014 :  08:15:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hello, greetings! I wish you that it will be always fruitful for you as it is for anyone that is here (or not).

Namaste!
Go to Top of Page

sunyata

USA
1508 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2014 :  2:34:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Welcome to the forums!!!

Sunyata
Go to Top of Page

mithko

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2014 :  01:25:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lalow33

Welcome to the forum! I hope you are still around.

Hi lalow33, yes still here - thanks for asking . I've just been focusing on the practices and not reading or participating in the forums very much - haven't really had the extra time.

I've managed to do the practices pretty much twice each day for almost three months now thanks to the AYP lessons and structure. I'm very thankful that I found AYP! In addition to DM & SBP I've felt comfortable adding in Samyama over the past three weeks. I have been feeling some fairly subtle feelings & vibrations during the meditations and continue to feel a little more connected and friendly to people I interact with. That's what I like the best. I tend to be fairly aloof and I've been feeling kind of "softer", like I'm taking off some of my armor. I like the feeling

With the meditations the other thing that is happening is I hear ringing inside my head. I first experienced it about 10 years ago when it started up in the middle of a meditation (breath watching). It comes back whenever I get back into meditating. The ringing tone changes depending on the depth of the meditation, I guess the pitch increases and sometimes the sound seems more penetrating. It is most often in the middle of my head but sometimes it feels like it's in my brain stem and maybe even in the upper spine of the neck. Less often, it appears as ringing in the ears. Years ago it used to bother me but for some reason it seems quite acceptable now so I don't worry about it. I have read some of the posts here about Nada and tinnitus so I have a little understanding about what I am experiencing.

Cheers

Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2014 :  05:46:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
In addition to DM & SBP I've felt comfortable adding in Samyama over the past three weeks. I have been feeling some fairly subtle feelings & vibrations during the meditations and continue to feel a little more connected and friendly to people I interact with.

Samyama remains one of my favorite practices; DM has an "inward flow" and Samyama an "outward flow" that is perfect for transitioning from a sit and moving into the day. It has fine-tuned surrender and the gift of giving the fruits of practice. My question "who am I?" is always answered with a 'bubbly rush' inside my skull, leaving me feeling supremely loved!

Keep up the good work!
Go to Top of Page

mithko

Canada
4 Posts

Posted - Nov 05 2014 :  11:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for the encouragement Dogboy, I'll definitely try the "who am I?" question going forward.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000