Satsang Cafe - General Discussions on AYP
 To love all
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  10:27:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
How do we love all mankind I see the attachments the loves the hates the dreams and see them in my own heart also ,anger stands in my way as I observe my thoughts my expectations of others almost run parallel with the my own ,knowing that in my inner silence they will dissolve but the waiting and the pain the emotion are witnessed but remain all the same ,a straight path but the obstacles are deeper in mind than I could have possible imagined or is this the truth and I must imagine no more and dwell in soul and see all men dwelling in me and waiting for liberation.love love love.

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  2:46:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
kumar ul islam - your aspiration to love all mankind is beautiful. If you have the aspiration of unconditional love truly in your heart and you continue to do practices with sincerity, then that aspiration will become the everyday truth for you at the right time and in the right way. The obstacles are only of the mind, and yes, I know from experience how frustrating that is to hear having been stuck in the mind for so very long myself, though I longed as you do to be free and to love without reserve. I would get so angry, so righteous, and even gossip about people. And then, I would wake up to my thoughts and actions chagrined that I could entertainment those feelings and participate in those actions. It was a vicious circle for sure! But that's how the ordinary mind is. It cannot cure itself of those constrictions, those habits.

The only "cure" has been practices, practices, practices. Just keep going and use the desire to love unconditionally as your ishta. Your aspiration is beautiful. Keep it in your heart and breathe, meditate, surrender.

Go to Top of Page

kumar ul islam

United Kingdom
791 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  4:50:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
your reply has humbled me and given meaning to my internal dialoge knowing that others have exsperience of the unsightedness we must go through to attain a degree of spiritul clarity thankyou for your fellowship my journey seems lighter and much more sure footed .
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  6:15:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm so happy that my post was helpful to you, kumar ul islam.

My teacher used to tell me: Love the barriers themselves.

Go to Top of Page

Radharani

USA
843 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2014 :  8:47:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Radharani's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I agree with what Zanyan said. Yes, it is just the nature of the mind and we have all experienced it. But with a consistent daily yoga practice, and offering everything up to your ishta, what eventually happens is that more and more divine Love fills you until overflowing and you don't even have to try. Meanwhile it is helpful to behave "as if" you love everyone, treat others as you would want to be treated, and gradually the inner and outer will line up. I hope that makes sense! God bless you.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000