Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Help Needed With Kundalini/Ecstatic Energy
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DarrenL5

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2014 :  10:01:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi, last night lying in bed, I began chanting om while listening to music. I did this for several minutes and felt an ecstatic, blissful energy in my entire body. So my 1st question... with the thought of 'self pacing' that I read about in AYP books, once I feel this energy in my body, should I stop the chanting and just enjoy the energy until it settles? OR should I continue to build it? And if so, then what? Almost involuntarily, as I felt this bliss, I began to engage mula bandha and this seemed to strengthen the ecstasy and draw my energy into my root chakra. After chanting, I began to explore spinal breathing and noticed my Kundalini rising with a tremendous amount of heat up my low back area and even down my left leg. Again, I was left not knowing what to do. Stop? Proceed? This is all new to me so I don't know what direction I should take. Any advice and support as to how to proceed (or not proceed) would be very much appreciated!!!! Thanks again.

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2014 :  10:07:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2014 :  6:02:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Darren, welcome.

From your profile I see you are a yoga instructor and have an AYP-based practice; some background might be helpful. How long have you been practicing? Is this your first experience with bliss arousal?

quote:
So my 1st question... with the thought of 'self pacing' that I read about in AYP books, once I feel this energy in my body, should I stop the chanting and just enjoy the energy until it settles? OR should I continue to build it?

Self pacing is used when results from practice become uncomfortable. This doesn't seem to be the case for you as you don't mention it. Pranic arousal is one of the fruits you reap from practice so you should explore it, whether that means stopping until it settles or gently build it. Speaking for myself, I arouse it (or it spontaneously arouses me) several times a day for maybe five or ten minutes at a time, for several months now. I do it in the spirit of play and to familiarize my system with it. You do need to proceed with caution as with any practice over and above your twice-daily sits, it may lead to overload symptoms. You are responsible for keeping your Bhakti from stomping on the gas pedal.

quote:
Almost involuntarily, as I felt this bliss, I began to engage mula bandha and this seemed to strengthen the ecstasy and draw my energy into my root chakra.

Muhlabanda does seem automatic for me in these states, as is breath regulation. It's like the root and the third eye become connected; simple awareness where the air passes gently in and out of my nostrils acts like a dimmer switch on the energy. Closing and/or opening my eyes affect the energy up & down. Asanas accelerate, long steady breathing decelerates.

Your question of "then what?" is a good one. I haven't got it all figured out which is why I explore it. What I do know is my being is lighter than ever in its aftermath and I take that out into my day and share the good vibrations with whoever I encounter. It makes me more interested in others and puts gas in my tank and love in my heart.

quote:
Stop? Proceed?

What is Guru telling you?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000