AYPsite.org Forum
 Kundalini Issues Not Related to the AYP System
 Practise routine for premature kundalini awakening
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  04:22:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have a friend who has recently acknowledged the possibility of having undergone a kundalini awakening. She has experiences of heart expansions and God-consciousness, but has also experienced many serious adverse health conditions that have baffled doctors.

Is there a lesson somewhere that provides a structured practise in such a situation? I understand spinal breathing pranayama is a good start, but for how long and how often? Once a practise has been well-established, should she just start from lesson 1 and add deep meditation to the existing spinal breathing practises? Any other points to consider?

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  05:02:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
This is something to look at: lesson 69.
Deep meditation (or breath meditation if she is sensitive to the mantra) and spinal breathing are recommended.
It depends much on her sensitivity to practices, so she will have to gauge her practice times to her own experience. In general, i think a 5 min of SBP and 20 mins of DM are a good place to start, if one is not oversensitive to practices.
I do not think that spinal breathing is recommended as a stand-alone practice, that is without meditating afterwards.
Go to Top of Page

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  12:27:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you Mykal! I will point her in the direction of that lesson.

Since she has not been following the AYP practises, is it a good idea to start spinal breathing and DM at the same time?
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2014 :  3:37:23 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
Can't say. Myself i would go for a week or two of DM before adding spinal breathing.
Go to Top of Page

compassion

87 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2014 :  02:56:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2014 :  2:08:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
hi compassion

if your friend suffers from medical symptoms that have baffled doctors, it is possible at least some of them might have to do with the kundalini awakening.
IMO it's a good idea to start very gently - 10 minutes of breadth focused meditation meditation for a few weeks. She can gradually increase from there if she feels she can do more.
There is "Replacing the Mantra with Breath as the Object of Meditation" section on Lesson 367 http://www.aypsite.org/367.html
After a few weeks of meditation, she can try SBP, but start by counting breadths first and see if that is having a dramatic effect on the kundalini symptoms. Then she will be able to decide if she can move on to counting minutes of SBP rather than breadths. Spinal breathing has a balancing effect, but also stimulates kundalini, so it needs to be gauged very carefully.

Best wishes to your friend
Go to Top of Page

BlueRaincoat

United Kingdom
1730 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2014 :  3:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One more word about timing:
It's a good idea to give meditation a few weeks advance, before trying spinal breathing.
Your friend might be keen to start SBP, but you should never introduce two practices at the same time, or you will never know what does what. It's really important to have a clear understanding of the effects of each practice, so that you can manage your practice going forward.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000