Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 still still still
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  01:03:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi gang. Been awhile. My heart still continues to beat faster whenever I begin meditating? For the first few years my stomach used to fill up like a balloon? KKKKKKKK-rist! What is this stuff? Am I whacko or what?

Horst

Austria
30 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  02:11:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi,
I sometimes go through phases where I also experience an instant physiological reaction, as soon as I sit down for meditation. For me those are excessive purification symptoms, like an increased pulse rate, fast and shallow breath etc. Sometimes, I also feel something irritating in my stomach area. For once, it's good not to pay too much attention to it, unless it's too distracting, then it might be good to focus on the symptoms for while. Also self-pacing is important. You might want to try and skip a few sessions or reduce them and see what happens. That's my thoughts on this.
All the best,
Horst
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  11:46:38 AM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
That happens to me sometimes. Try to not grasp at it. To be with it, above it without getting caught up in it.

Practice letting go in those moments.
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2014 :  2:10:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi lmaher,

You're not wacko! It's part of the process. Just keep going. Trust inner guidance to tell you what to do: read this book, go for a walk, talk to this person, do this meditation practice, meditate like this or that. The more you trust that still small voice, the more you will see that it knows what to do. Your neurobiology is changing. I would encourage you to keep up a regular meditation routine changing the amount of time spent on practices and combination of particular practices as guided to (or as experimentation shows you to).

I experienced the balloon belly thing for a good time too. Jonesboy's advice to let go in those moments is right on.

Is there the experience of rising inner silence?

Edited by - Zanyan on Oct 25 2014 2:45:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1534 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  02:50:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
http://www.aypsite.org/51.html

More from lesson 304

When there is sufficient inner silence present via the daily practice of deep meditation, and then the breath and body are brought into the process via spinal breathing pranayama, asanas, mudras, bandhas, and tantric sexual methods, we will notice three things occurring.

1. An expansion of sexual energy from the pelvic region upward, with part finding its way into the GI tract.

2. The natural retention of air in the GI tract.

3. The interaction of food with the sexual essences and air in the GI tract.

The natural combination of these three elements in the digestive system through an emerging higher form of digestion gives rise to a new substance emanating from the GI tract, which permeates the entire body. Much of this penetration occurs as this substance enters the spinal canal and rises up through the chest cavity to the head. The highly penetrating and sometimes intoxicating substance produced in the GI tract has been given many names. A name prevalent in yoga is soma. The word soma also refers to a hallucinogenic plant, which is not what we are talking about here. In Taoism, the GI tract, when engaged in this higher functioning, is called the caldron, recognizing the alchemy that is occurring there – three ordinary substances (sexual essence, air, and food) being combined to create an extraordinary substance that is a key to the process of human spiritual transformation.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2014 :  3:08:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thanks for posting this lesson, Sey.

quote:
combined to create an extraordinary substance

Indeed.

Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Oct 27 2014 :  11:44:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Imaher22, Im brewing up a theory that says that the secret to meditation might be left unspoken so as to leave those with true bhakti the key, which ends up being self pacing. I too have experienced your symptoms, and they arent pleasant. I think we should wait until we are comfortable (time varies, seconds, minutes, ive yet to go a whole session without at least 5 repetitions of the mantra) to repeat the mantra. If you are experiencing these symptoms then you are not self pacing, thus means two things: one: you will soon quit meditation because you have no bhakti to keep you going in spite of ur difficulties, or two: you havent discovered self pacing no matter how much bhakti you have, and even though i tell you to wait on your repetitions of the mantra until you are comfortable to repeat again, you might not be able to pace yourself in the future with the pleasures that are sure to come, because you didn't discover it, self pacing that is, yourself. But that would be cruel, and a lesser evil than letting you quit simply because you didn't figure it out yourself and be kinder to yourself without me telling you to.

Thats my theory anyhow. Plus it fits because Yogani says the fruits come over time and that nothing is done overnight, and if you wait 5 minutes to be able to repeat the mantra then its true that it sure as hell isnt happening overnight right?

I used to think "i have to repeat the mantra, again, again, again again" with half a second in between each repetition. But thats the overnight mentality I think.

What do you think?

btw i posted a post regarding this at http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=14748
Go to Top of Page

yogiinthemakring

USA
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 28 2014 :  7:14:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by lmaher22

Hi gang. Been awhile. My heart still continues to beat faster whenever I begin meditating? For the first few years my stomach used to fill up like a balloon? KKKKKKKK-rist! What is this stuff? Am I whacko or what?

This happened to me, even had a sense of anxiety. What I did was make a small opening through lips and took a deep breathe and totally surrendered.

I hope this helps, but definitely part of the journey.
Go to Top of Page

lmaher22

USA
217 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2014 :  04:11:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Thank you all. I been really into fasting, like a lot of fasting over the past year and a half. That has also brought me closer to the non-material world and released me from anxiety, not fear, just that underlying but pervasive type of nervousness that has dogged me since adolescence. Unfortunately, being released from some anxiety and some of my rage has left me sort of sadly emotional. Sometimes a mere thought of family or friends lost can cause the tears to roll. It's a son of a gun to control it. I'm baffled by it. I know it's a substitute for the buried rage I've had born out of running the streets of Brooklyn as a brat. Seen some incredibly horrible stuff of what people can be capable of when I was younger. Perhaps my once useful defense mechanisms fade away slowly. But as they do, I now truly believe that anger can be a 'stand alone' entity with a life of its own. What crazy fragile creatures are we? We have to be something something other than a collection of blood, bone and sinew. What that is, exactly, is beyond me.
Bless you all.
Go to Top of Page

Zanyan

USA
54 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2014 :  04:34:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Sometimes a mere thought of family or friends lost can cause the tears to roll. It's a son of a gun to control it. I'm baffled by it. I know it's a substitute for the buried rage I've had born out of running the streets of Brooklyn as a brat. Seen some incredibly horrible stuff of what people can be capable of when I was younger. Perhaps my once useful defense mechanisms fade away slowly.

It sounds like quite a bit is known about this sadness. Tears can be a beautiful letting go, and an expression of compassion for the horrible stuff you saw when you were younger, and for family and friends lost, and for yourself. I bow to the tears of compassion flowing from you, lmaher
Go to Top of Page

Jayleno214

USA
87 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2014 :  02:28:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I digress from my previous post because i read the clarification on the DM practice in relation to awareness being on anything but tye mantra " meditation is not defined by the presence of the mantra, but by the favoring of it with attention"

Which means that both you and i werent meditating when we were noticing our discomforts( selfpacing and common sense should always prevail and the fast heart disscused by me was nonthreatning or severe). To purify our nervous systems we must pay attention to the mantra so as to be tuned to its vibrations.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.08 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000