Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Clarification on time
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Yogamaniac

USA
1 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  1:28:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I have question around the time structure for the Samyama practice. A little history - I've been doing the Deep Meditation for about six months and it's going very well. I am getting better results than years of Zen meditation.

So I started the Samyama a few weeks ago and I'm not sure how long to wait after I complete the first 2x cycle. In other words, what's the time gap between when the first 2x cycle ends and the next 2x begins? Is it just another 15 second increment?

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  1:33:01 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogamaniac and welcome!

The total for two rounds of the sutra's is 5 mins. 15 seconds between. So after Akasha 15 seconds then Love.

Some day's I can do them all, other days I am only getting one round done in five minutes. No worries it is what it is.

Best of luck and again, welcome to the forums
Go to Top of Page

Mykal K

Germany
266 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  1:58:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Mykal K's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Yogamaniac
He he, can totally relate to your experience.
Yes, as jonesboy said, it is also the 15 second increment.
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2201 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2014 :  5:31:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Samyama is a deeply beautiful practice. Sending the sutras fills me with joy and I offer that up too. Try resting your third eye on your mat when it's over; for me it's like sealing the practice
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000