spinal breathing versus microcosmic orbit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Nataraja

11 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2011 :  6:51:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Just curious.

But is the route taken in the Taoist MicroCosmic Orbit similar to the many of the kundalini kriyas taught or propagated by Satyananda from Bihar School of Yoga..?

Apparently the BSY informs us that Sivananda learnt them from Babaji in the mid 20's and then he only taught them to Satyananda in 1956 when he was about to leave the ashram .It took him 25 mins to teach him his kriya yoga. The 20 kriyas Satyananda outlines through his Bihar School of Yoga apparently also include others culled from other sources.

I'll quote you one web resource:-

" KRIYA YOGA

Swami Sivananda taught kriya yoga to Satyananda, the Bihar School of Yoga informs. Satyananda writes in Early Teachings of Swami Satyananda [Ets], that Sivananda had learnt kriya yoga from Babaji in the mid-1920s, and that Sivananda one day in 1956 taught it to him in twenty-five minutes. "Swami Sivananda received initiation into kriya yoga from Babaji, but he did not teach these techniques to anyone himself. At the time I was leaving the ashram, however, he taught me all the techniques in not more than twenty five minutes [Ets 89].
"

"

I know not everyone might practice these are they are advanced, powerful or so I am led to believe and somewhat inaccessibile and a little too complicated possibly for a complete beginner in yoga.Understanding the role of the silent witness/observer or inner silence etc etc as it's presented in AYP would be a great boon to practice of this system however.

http://oaks.nvg.org/satyananda.html

Very Early trials here of this system suggest it is quite balancing with the frontal route included.Also i don't know if i'm alone here but i find it easier to sense the frontal route than the spinal route.Not sure what "frontal down" means as it pertains to the MicroCosmic Orbit as mentioned by Jim.I'm guessing breathing could be reversed if one breathes down the front. In this system they often breathe up the front in alot of the kriyas at least as every kriya is different and generally breathe down the spine although there seem to be more than a few variations and combinations within the 20 kriya series.In fact every kriya is different and i guess meant to eleict particular effects. It is also advised that you follow the sequence prescribed etc.Breath, mantra awareness and moving attention, mudra etc etc are all involved components.

What is the particular route or approach taken by the MicroCosmic Orbit route?

The route taken here is also orbital following the chakras and respetive kshetrams and sometimes synchronised with mantra and so on.There are head movments also that strangely enough reminded me of chin-pump here at AYP but they are not the same as each kundalini kriya is different.

Can always let you know how i get on with it, if i'm still here that is.

I suspect not many people practice this (system) but i could be wrong.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=150&SearchTerms=microcosmic,orbit
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000