Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 head sweating during pranayama
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  12:39:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi Fellow travellers,

I have fairly recently (re)started my AYP daily practise. I do 10 minutes spinal breathing pranayama, followed by 20 minutes deep meditation and about 3 to 4 minutes just sitting and resting, morning and evening (before food). Today I sat for the evening session and traced the spinal nerve. But, I found myself getting very hot, in fact sweat started to pour off my head (its not hot on my balcony) and this continued during DM. I also experienced what felt like a sharp jolt right at the base of the spine - sharp enough to jolt my out of the DM. Now writing this 20 minutes after completing the session and feel fine.

I tried to ignore it as "scenery" :) Has anyone any ideas please?

Thanks!
Simon

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  1:30:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Jasis

This lesson talks about sweating during pranayama.

All sounds good. Just keep on trucking!
Go to Top of Page

Holy

796 Posts

Posted - Sep 04 2011 :  4:13:51 PM  Show Profile  Visit Holy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
You can also welcome the scenery ;)

The hint for "scenery" is just for you to know what it is, not what you have to do with it. As long as you keep on with the practice, whatever happens is fine.

If the scenery becomes a problem, you may self pace as necessary.
Go to Top of Page

jasis

Germany
27 Posts

Posted - Sep 06 2011 :  01:36:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi!

Thanks for the helpful replies. Meditation seems to be like the weather - always different conditions every time. Sometimes can be stormy, sometimes tranquil with warm sunshine. Well, I dont complain about the weather so I am happy just to see the sun sometimes :)

Warm wishes
Jasis
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000