Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Advice needed for head-heaviness
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sshubh

India
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  08:26:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
First of all, thanks to Yogani for making clear descriptions of useful practices available here.
I have been doing asan, pranayam and meditation in one form or the other since past 6-7 years. For several months now, I was having intense heaviness in head which sometimes used to be too intense. Though on some frequent occasions, there used to be blissful sensations in head and automatic body-movement and nerve-relaxations too.
With spinal breathing and clues from the meditation procedure, I've got quite a good relief from head-heaviness within just a few days. Also, frequency of blissful moments has increased. Would you please advise further on which practices I should undertake to get completely relieved from head-heaviness and for quickly making further spiritual progress?
Thank you again.

woosa

United Kingdom
382 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2011 :  08:33:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi sshubh

When you say heaviness is it like pressure headaches?

Either way when my head feels like it has been run over I always reduce practices.

If I were you I would do 10 mins of spinal breathing and 20 mins of deep meditation. Wait a while until everything calms down and then add 5-10 mins of asanas and then more pranayam a few weeks/months later.

What other pranayam are you doing? If you are currently doing just SB then I would also stop the asanas for a while because that could be causing too much energy to build up.

Go to Top of Page

sshubh

India
14 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  04:28:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi woosa, others,
it is not headache per se. More like pressure and heaviness. It feels like things are getting congested there in head.

Besides meditation, I do asan, spinal breathing, and a couple of other pranayam. Actually when I do more meditation and pranayam, it gives me relief only. If I am able to be in meditative mood most of the time, I don't feel any problem. So I don't think stopping these practices will lead to a solution in near term.

That's why I thought if there are any targeted practices that can be done to speed up the cleansing of internal blockages which might be causing pressure build-up and heaviness in head.

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2011 :  06:18:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Sshubh,

I believe you are in overload. I would recommend you cut back on the additional pranayama practices you are doing and ground yourself more. Please read the lesson on self-pcaing for more information

Sey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000