Discussions on AYP Deep Meditation and Samyama
 Self-pity, mood swing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Marek11

Czech Republic
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  3:22:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
What to do with "quite often" self-pity and mood swing?
I don´t know how long it is, maybe one or two month and I don´t know if it is normal, but sometimes I feel great, everything looks perfect and another day I don´t feel well.
For example today, the morning was OK. After I did yoga, I went to school where was some interesting lecture, then during the afternoon around 17:00 I went to gym and the time spent in the gym was terrible, that I couldn´t finish the training and for the rest of the time I feel somehow broken. I don´t know how to describe, maybe the best words - self-pity. (It is not caused by the gym, I was there the week before and it was perfect, it is different according to my mood probably). I think that yoga helps and last 4 months I have not moved forward, I do the same, I didn´t add some mulabandha or something like that, I have not changed it for a long time.
I have observed, that I have this kind of self-pity mood and thoughts a few times per week. Of course I know, that some thought like "Nobody likes me" is ridiculous, but sometimes I am not aware of it and it is quite painful. And I'm tired of it already, I just want to be a happy and satisfied person. Any advice or similar experiences?

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2014 :  4:41:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Marek,

I relate 100% with you. I feel this way frequently. I pray on my troubles. Walking outside helps tremendously. I take a walk every morning. Hang in there. You are dearly loved.

Go to Top of Page

SeySorciere

Seychelles
1537 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  02:50:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Dear Marek,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you describe your current set of practices for us. You mention Yoga - what exactly do you do? For how long? How many times daily /weekly? You are a student? Would it be rude to ask how old?
That can help us advice you better.

Sey
Go to Top of Page

Marek11

Czech Republic
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  08:29:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I am 20 years old student. I do a few asanas, then spinal breathing (cca 5min) and D.M. (cca 10-15 min, 20 was too much) only once a day, it is not possible for me to do it twice a day (and I don´t want) in spite of recommendations. I do yoga a little more than a year.
Go to Top of Page

jonesboy

USA
594 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  12:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Visit jonesboy's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I get that to. It was driving me crazy last week this feeling that something is wrong.

Here is something that can help.

When we have these moments there are at two aspects we want to work on. The first is the mind story and the feeling associated with it.

My first advise would be to try Samyama. http://livingunbound.net/lessons-re...elf-inquiry/

Another method is to put your awareness on the physical sensation of the upset. If you have trouble locating it start in your heart.
This stops the mind story and brings you to the present.

Notice how these emotional feelings always feel the same have you noticed?

What I have noticed is the emotion is like the wind flowing through the body. You can't grab hold of wind/flow nor do you want to try and stop it or control it. All you can do is be with the flow, the sensation. It is our mental stories that are still giving us the negative feel to it.

As you are being with the flow just try to be with, like a mother to a child, like you are the air laying down on a bed of leaves. Maybe you just want to send it love. The feeling may move up or down our body. That is a good thing. Just be with it and send it love.

I have used this method (TPP) with overloads and panic attacks and it has worked. I use it when i am nervous in meetings or angry at people. It is a powerful thing.

I hope this helps.

Much love

Edited by - jonesboy on Oct 21 2014 1:24:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dogboy

USA
2207 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  4:02:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
As you are being with the flow just try to be with, like a mother to a child, like you are the air laying down on a bed of leaves. Maybe you just want to send it love. The feeling may move up or down our body. That is a good thing. Just be with it and send it love.

This works. Beautiful advice, Jonesboy
Go to Top of Page

Anima

484 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2014 :  6:36:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Yes, jonesboy has eloquently stated an excellent technique. It does help me too, sometimes.
Go to Top of Page

Marek11

Czech Republic
6 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2014 :  11:32:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Jonesboy: Thank you, I will try both.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.07 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000