Other Systems and Alternate Approaches
 Over Sensitive Meditators - What Helped ME
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

OneLeaf

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  02:01:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Guys, if anyone wants to try a different form of meditation from DM because you are over sensitive, I know Yogani is open to just sitting in silence.

Not to go into it too much, but basically I had a kundalini awakening after just two days of DM, but slowly ended up not being able to do any DM because too much collateral issues were basically making life really difficult.

I started just sitting silently using Adyashanti's method in True Meditation (the book). This changed everything. If anyone's in a similar situation try it out. DM, or any mantra meditation I've seen is too much manipulation of the energetic system for me, just sitting silently, has taken me quite far, farther than I even knew was possible.

With love and respect,

One

dofa66

France
46 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  02:34:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi OneLeaf,

I think I am over-sensitive too, as explained in my post here (http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=14123), although I don't think my symptoms were the same as yours.

The lesson #367 from Yogani is suggesting to meditate on breath at least. I understand that you even don't do this when just sitting silently. Are you just letting your mind wandering ?
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  10:38:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One Leaf

See my reply for the oversensitive meditators. It has helped me greatly.

Thanks for the update.

http://www.aypsite.org/forum/topic....PIC_ID=14490
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2014 :  4:15:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
OneLeaf

One more question, how long you are doing this kind of meditation. Also do you have any other yoga/Pranyam routine as well.?

Thanks

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

OneLeaf

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2014 :  12:14:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
There are no more issues now. Awakeness is quite stable here. Especially in meditation. Mind does not wander much unless there is a desire to watch it. Even putting attention on thoughts dissolves them mid stream.

Mantra meditation for me is too much control. Sitting quietly u just notice a sound, a feeling in ur leg, a thought in ur head, let attention go where it wants to go. If u get lost in thoughts bring it to the breath for a lil while then just let attention go whrere it wants to go. Simple allowing of noticing all in awareness to happen. This allows whatever repressed energies or thoughts that haven't been felt be felt and released, mantra is just one extra layer of repressing control.

This simple noticing then becomes ur natural condition more and more outside of meditation. Mind is always able to be quiet at will, knowing urself as the emptiness of all things is available always. Peace and joy and contentment available always. Presence is not stable and strong than momentary emotion or ecstasy or up and down.

What u are is awareness, is presence, is natural noticing. It is not mind, mind is doing mantra, mind decided mantra is good, mind is bringing attention back to mantra.
Let go of mind and rest as what u are, there is nothing outside of u.

Stop delaying. If this resonates for u grrat. If not great. All is as it needs to be.

With love and respect,
One
Go to Top of Page

Wafu

United Kingdom
76 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2014 :  10:49:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Hi Oneleaf,

Thank you for sharing your experience It sounds like you have a very good mindfulness practice going on. By mindfulness I mean simply noticing, as you say, rather than a meditation involving any manipulation of thought or attention. I've always found that technique to be much less stimulating than AYP deep meditation, and I guess your experience would suggest that as well. Hope things continue to go smoothly for you.

I enjoyed reading your post!

Love and respect returned to you

Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2014 :  1:33:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One

Thanks very much for sharing. It resonates so much with me as well. As i have awakened crown about one half years ago. I have tried lot of things to calm the energy . I cann't do my meditation with Mantra either so just awareness and bringing the attention to breath works best for me as well. I just started doing mindful practice and it is helping me as well to smooth out energies. Hopefully all the repressed energies will come out as well. That is why it resonates so much with me as well. One question any particular diet plan you have that may have helped as well.

Thanks again for sharing.
Go to Top of Page

OneLeaf

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2014 :  7:59:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Pkj, glad this is helpful. I don't put too much emphasis on chakras anymore yes energy has gone from root through crown yes I have felt showering energy out the crown and down my body, yes I have felt various chakra open in front of the body and swirl in massive flows like a tunnel of energy. It's just energy moving, it's not what I am. I don't necessarily think it's helpful to get too caught up in what opening any chakra means. Overall the energetic system will open up and do what it does on it's own time if u just let it do it's thing, being in silence for me seems the most helpful.

I think being afraid of what will happen can be unproductive. The system is going through changes to help the overall energetic system, it helps to trust the system and trust what is really moving the system and all things, emptiness, fullness, aware presence, which is the source of all things and which is what u are and it moves in love. Their is nothing outside of u. U are life u are this force, trust it completely, if fear comes, feel it fully, let it completely overwhelm u, knowing u are only meeting urself always. U will not be overwhelmed, what u really are that is, who sees the thought I am overwhelmed? Divine consciousness, what u are.

In terms of diet i think everyone is a little different seems like different energetic systems need different things at different times. I went through two years where it seemed one day one thing was ok and then the next day it was not good for my bowels. It didn't make sense I couldn't really figure it out with a single rule. I just had to use common sense and intuition and sometimes it worked to make more more comfortable and sometimes it didnt. But that passed. Just remember trust. Who wants to know these answers? Mind, mind is fear, it wants to protect the body mind. Who sees the sensations we call the body mind? What u are, what u are is always safe and is what u always meet.

Be still feel the fear, witness any fearful thoughts let them pass and be in ur silent beingness and when fearful thoughts pass and more calm thoughts come that seem the most wise, whether about diet or something else, go with that. Or if no thought comes that seems wise or no intuition comes about what to do, just go ur best and trust, their is no wisdom outside of u, there is no guidance outside of you. You are wholeness, you are peace, u are what u want and u are getting what u really want always.

Love this moment and let it's chaotic and wonderful alchemy transform the fear that isn't into the ever present love that always is. This alchemy is beyond the mind, just watch it when it is fearful and when it subsides right action can come.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  4:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply

One

Thanks for the detailed info. i find so many things similar to yours as well. Agree with Diet as well. for me it changes everyday my body does not like the same food every day. Mostly trying to eat Pitta balancing diet to calm the heat inside the body. As there is lot of fire and heat in the stomach. Sometimes it gives acid reflex symptoms as well.
Also sometimes i get vibrations at the root during sitting practices or sometimes even during the day as well.

I think you summed it very well. Just accept everything as it becomes don't be attached to anything and let the energy do its job. You said it very rightly.

"Be still feel the fear, witness any fearful thoughts let them pass and be in ur silent beingness and when fearful thoughts pass and more calm thoughts come that seem the most wise, whether about diet or something else, go with that. Or if no thought comes that seems wise or no intuition comes about what to do, just go ur best and trust, their is no wisdom outside of u, there is no guidance outside of you. You are wholeness, you are peace, u are what u want and u are getting what u really want always.

Love this moment and let it's chaotic and wonderful alchemy transform the fear that isn't into the ever present love that always is. This alchemy is beyond the mind, just watch it when it is fearful and when it subsides right action can come."

It resonates so much with me as well. I think from the last week as i am doing my meditation just by being aware of breath it is getting better and better. Your posting has really helped to understand as i was thinking if i don't do any breathing/mantra practice i will not progress. But from the last week i am able to meditate with breath and awareness without overloading. It is intersting the day you posted the note on July 10th same day I started doing the mindful practices. nothing is coincidental anyway. Thanks very much for the great post.

Enjoying the journey with so many yogis/Yogini's

All the best

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

OneLeaf

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2014 :  10:51:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Awesome Pkj, I felt compelled to post this I had a sense it would help someone, so am glad it helped. Much love to you, and yes u don't need mantra or breath meditation to progress as far as u could ever hope to go.

Be well friend.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  12:34:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One

I have True meditation Audible on my i-phone it is very intersting to listen to it. How much time ago you started doing this kind of meditation. Also how long you sit in the morning and evening.

Thanks

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

OneLeaf

USA
23 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2014 :  11:49:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I've done it for over a year. I usually sit once in the evening and once in the morning. Between 30 to 90 min depending on how I feel. Sometimes I sit for four or five times a day. Sometims none for weeks. It all depends on what feels right for ur body and energetic system at the time. If ur energetic issues are uncomfortable maybe u just do ten or fifteen minutes. U have to experiment for urself. It will figure itself out.
Go to Top of Page

pkj

USA
158 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  11:27:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
One

Thanks for the detailed info. It makes sense to me as well. Sometime i just sit for 10-15 minutes. Other days i can sit for 30-60 minutes. Listen to your voice what is the energy body saying.

Cheers

PKJ
Go to Top of Page

AYPforum

351 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2014 :  12:05:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Moderator note: Topic moved for better placement
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000