Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 Difficulty with Nauli
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

GregM

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2014 :  12:19:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit GregM's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
I've been working diligently of late towards trying to get the mechanics of Nauli to come together. While I can do the precursor steps of pulling in and holding as well as flexing one side or the other by virtue of applying pressure to either leg in a hunched over position, moving the muscles independently of one another without the aid of a crutch is proving very difficult. Any tips outside of those discussed in the lessons for getting the proper coordination down?

Thank you much,

Greg

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 19 2014 :  6:38:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I don't remember exactly what the lessons say, but what helped me get it was using a bit of pressure against the knees with one hand then the other respectively. Helps to isolate the muscles to one side and once it becomes second nature to flex one side while relaxing the other, the "flow" of motion between flexing and relaxing in order to achieve the rotation effect becomes easier.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

GregM

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2014 :  11:29:23 AM  Show Profile  Visit GregM's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by CarsonZi

I don't remember exactly what the lessons say, but what helped me get it was using a bit of pressure against the knees with one hand then the other respectively. Helps to isolate the muscles to one side and once it becomes second nature to flex one side while relaxing the other, the "flow" of motion between flexing and relaxing in order to achieve the rotation effect becomes easier.

Thanks Carson... Yes, this is the method mentioned in the lessons that are to help with the prerequisite coordination. And I've been doing them, but am not at the point yet where the abs are ready to do their thing unaided. It could be I just need to practice patience. lol Do you recall how long it took before the coordination blossomed in you, Mr Zi?

I found a video on YT that demonstrates this Kriya and I've been implementing this method in order to see if it works for me personally. So far, so good, I think. If anyone would care to check it out, it can be found at the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHtNn0jKk0w
Go to Top of Page

CarsonZi

Canada
3189 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2014 :  3:52:52 PM  Show Profile  Visit CarsonZi's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
Originally posted by GregM

Do you recall how long it took before the coordination blossomed in you, Mr Zi?

In the neighbourhood of a couple of months of practicing it in my asana routine twice daily. That said, I had been able to do something similar to navi kriya since I was about 5 so I may have had a bit of head start.

Love,
Carson
Go to Top of Page

GregM

USA
51 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2014 :  4:27:47 PM  Show Profile  Visit GregM's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
quote:
That said, I had been able to do something similar to navi kriya since I was about 5 so I may have had a bit of head start.

If by "something similar", you mean pulling in your stomach as completely as possible so as to gross out your parents and entertain your friends, I'm with you. Unfortunately, I didn't keep up the routine over the years, so I'm a bit out of practice.
Go to Top of Page

chintan_oza2000@yahoo.com

India
4 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  1:23:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.05 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000