Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Forum FAQ | Search
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 AYPsite.org Forum
 Discussions on AYP Pranayama, Mudras and Bandhas
 How do i know if i entered Kechari Mudra?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jun 04 2014 :  4:47:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Message
Hi everyone,

After a long time trying this mudra just a couple minutes ago i was able to close my mouth,
breath through my nose, and stick my tongue there. Altough i'm not completely sure since
nothing particularly noticeable happened.

I would like a detailed description of what things should the "tongue" feel when it is inside there.

I'v read that a little soft palate tendon will open and then "catch" or "trap" the tongue there. I've had
nothing trapping my tongue.

This is what i did: I pushed my tongue against the soft palate above the uvula and then tried to breathe,
after many attempts i finally did it. I can freely move my tongue up there but nothing that special.

Questions:

Do you have a waving flag telling that you are in a special energetic situation while performing Kechari?
Are the effects inmediately?
Should i try keeping the mudra more time? (like 5 minutes or longer?)
Does this mudra creates any tension on the chest area?

Thanks in advance,

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2014 :  12:04:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Alright, just today i found the "tendon" Yogani talks about.

I don't have the "nerve" to go in there yet, but clearly i
have enough "tongue" and elongated frenum to do it!

I think that a better image of the "anatomy" of the surroundings
of the uvula should be posted, because the "stage 2" kechari drawing
shows no clue about where to go.

I'll be drawing it tomorrow!
Go to Top of Page

Anibaru

Chile
72 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  12:32:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
I'm still trying to find a good anatomy book, because my drawing are not good enough to show where
the tongue should go.

But now i entered through the tendon, and realized that the soft palate actually folds down (as Yogani said in a previous post)
and i reached what i looks like a second Uvula, and the moment i do it my breathing slows down and a strange stillness sensation
comes around. After that some ecstatic sensations. But there is too a strong irritation sensation, like when you have a Cold.

How far am i from the Nasal Septum?

Blessing to everyone!

Edited by - Anibaru on Jun 20 2014 12:46:03 PM
Go to Top of Page

BillinL.A.

USA
375 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2014 :  1:03:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote  Get a Link to this Reply
Anibaru if I follow what your saying I think you're at the bottom of the nasal septum when you say you've reached a second uvula.

Once the soft pallet folds down and your tongue follows your soft pallet's surface towards the nose a ridge begins that becomes the nasal septum just a quarter inch more (at least for me).

If you're already getting ecstatic sensations they could increase a lot like Yogani talks about. The irritating sensation disappear after a while too.

I admire how determined you are!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
AYP Public Forum © Contributing Authors (opinions and advice belong to the respective authors) Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.06 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000